[CLOSED][ROM] Rooted twrp backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
I am not responsible if you damage your device in any way you are the one that has decided to modify your device.

Here is a prerooted boot and system twrp backup all you will need to do is install supersu from the playstore.

Install instructions:
1. Backup something in twrp so the folder structure is generated
2. Then unzip file to /storage/emulated/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/NBQGLDXXXXXXX (This may change depending on the phone idk)/
3. Now go back to twrp and click restore and select the backup

Troubleshooting:
If you never set a encryption password (It asks you during the startup wizard), then you just click enter and skip it.

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995296855

Last edited:

ilcapo09

Feb 8, 2013
South Beach
I'm getting a Failed to unmount '/system' (Device or resource busy) when trying to restore. Any workarounds to this issue that you may know?

varun.gid

Jun 18, 2008
Dubai
I am not responsible if you damage your device in any way you are the one that has decided to modify your device.

Here is a prerooted boot and system twrp backup all you will need to do is install supersu from the playstore.

Install instructions:
1. Backup something in twrp so the folder structure is generated
2. Then unzip file to /storage/emulated/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/NBQGLDXXXXXXX (This may change depending on the phone idk)/
3. Now go back to twrp and click restore and select the backup

Troubleshooting:
If you never set a encryption password (It asks you during the startup wizard), then you just click enter and skip it.

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995296855

How can i do it without having any OS? I accidentally deleted and now i have NO OS. How can i restore ur Rom?

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota

ilcapo09

Feb 8, 2013
South Beach
I've tried but there's something different about this backup. I can't get Adaway or Xposed to work. The first one says it can't copy hosts file and the latter just bootloops

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

nelson0521

Mar 15, 2016
I got it to work. I reflashed TWRP and then restored deadman's backup but didn't restore the system image this time around and everything is working fine now. Got root and xposed functioning properly

Thanks for tour sharing.
In my case, I just need to restore "boot" only and now it is working, too.
Thank you so much !!!

nelson0521

Mar 15, 2016
Following step is my case,
1. Wipe device
2. Restore hole ROM that deadman96385 provided
3. Restart system until you can see the android home page
4. Reboot to recovery, root and wipe cache then reboot device
5. Check the SuperSU is working or not. If yes, go next step
6. Reboot to recovery, restore the boot and system (without system image) then install xposed v80 and wipe cache
7. Reboot device and enjoy it ← I was stock on boot screen in this step, so I get into the recovery and restore the "boot" only.

Reactions: lordofgrieve

lordofgrieve

Apr 24, 2012
Following step is my case,
1. Wipe device
2. Restore hole ROM that deadman96385 provided
3. Restart system until you can see the android home page
4. Reboot to recovery, root and wipe cache then reboot device
5. Check the SuperSU is working or not. If yes, go next step
6. Reboot to recovery, restore the boot and system (without system image) then install xposed v80 and wipe cache
7. Reboot device and enjoy it ← I was stock on boot screen in this step, so I get into the recovery and restore the "boot" only.

Thank you very much for quick response.
In step 4, what will I do to root ?
sorry for my noob question. I m just starter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts