[CLOSED] [ROM] SM-T825 Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
yes i had root and fap lock/oem was unlocked
Thanks for replying, clearly I must have some simple error, as I've said, I have a T820 so cannot test this myself. One more question, yours is a plain T825 not one of the T825c s from China, they've played with the firmware?

Hope you backed up well ☺️

Last edited:

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
Hey @rorymc928, don´t give up on us yet! Keep up the good work with the rom! As soon as the boot loop is resolved i´ll be glad to give you feedback on the rom!
Cheers!

Ok let's try again, newly downloaded firmware, unaltered except, root and zip align,
It's boring, but we need a base to move on,
Please test and report,
Read the first post, particularly the reference, DM verity and twrp

Thanks to everyone who's tried so far with the earlier ones

Last edited:

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
Hi, I've tried it again with no success, the T-mobile logo came up after a few minutes and then only a couple of vibrations and the samsung logo for the next 20 minutes.
Has anyone been successful with this?
Thanks for replying,
This has become quite frustrating, the T820 rom has not been a problem,

A couple of questions...

Did twrp ask to make system modifications which you ok'd?
Also did you try with a full wipe?

Nov 8, 2012
Forlì
Thanks for replying,
This has become quite frustrating, the T820 rom has not been a problem,

A couple of questions...

Did twrp ask to make system modifications which you ok'd?
Also did you try with a full wipe?

I think the usual question about leaving the system read only ( I chose the other option ) and nothing else that I can remember.
Yes I did a full wipe, actually a format of system and data.
This time the previously installed rom didn't have root, it was Italy oem.

Reactions: rorymc928

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
I think the usual question about leaving the system read only ( I chose the other option ) and nothing else that I can remember.
Yes I did a full wipe, actually a format of system and data.
This time the previously installed rom didn't have root, it was Italy oem.
Ok, if you have a chance could you try flashing super user yourself before allowing it to boot to the ROM,
I'm struggling to find the problem with this

Just a thought, a clue from the T-820 ROM discussion, if your coming from an earlier base, try restoring your boot loader from TWRP before starting the boot process

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
Forlì
Ok, if you have a chance could you try flashing super user yourself before allowing it to boot to the ROM,
I'm struggling to find the problem with this

Just a thought, a clue from the T-820 ROM discussion, if your coming from an earlier base, try restoring your boot loader from TWRP before starting the boot process

hi, I've been away for a week, I'm ready to test now.
Could you link me the right bootloader to flash with odin?
So I'll flash the BL, then check if it boots in the actual rom, then if it works, do the full wipe (data, system, cache), install your rom and before rebooting install SU.
Am I missing something or is this correct?

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
hi, I've been away for a week, I'm ready to test now.
Could you link me the right bootloader to flash with odin?
So I'll flash the BL, then check if it boots in the actual rom, then if it works, do the full wipe (data, system, cache), install your rom and before rebooting install SU.
Am I missing something or is this correct?

Most reliable option, flash an updated firmware with the same base with odin

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-tab-s3/SM-T820/XEZ/download/T820XXU1AQF3/177250/

This is the one used for the build,

Then flash over it with the ROM, in twrp, dirty flash may work over that, be prepared for a full wipe in case it doesn't,... Do your backups

Nov 8, 2012
Forlì
Most reliable option, flash an updated firmware with the same base with odin

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-tab-s3/SM-T820/XEZ/download/T820XXU1AQF3/177250/

This is the one used for the build,

Then flash over it with the ROM, in twrp, dirty flash may work over that, be prepared for a full wipe in case it doesn't,... Do your backups

Ok I'm ready to give it a try!
Should I flash: BL + AP + CP + CSC? I tried and it throw me a re-partition fail.
What should I do?

rorymc928

Jan 28, 2010
Ok I'm ready to give it a try!
Should I flash: BL + AP + CP + CSC? I tried and it throw me a re-partition fail.
What should I do?
AP should be sufficient,
Are you saying you have tried already.
Make sure you have a good quality usb lead, and try swapping to a different usb socket if you have another

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey @rorymc928, don´t give up on us yet! Keep up the good work with the rom! As soon as the boot loop is resolved i´ll be glad to give you feedback on the rom!
    Cheers!
    Yes it was rooted, the firmware was stock (italian version i think but I didn't really check). Hope you can find what's wrong with it, I'm really fed up with the stock rom ahaha
    Yeah, my only thought is for me to try a different firmware download from scratch with minimal changes, thanks again for your info
    Let me know how you got on, if all else fails do a restore, I may be asleep by the time you reply.... Good luck, I'll look in the morning

Hi, tried again on a different cable and usb port but the same problem came up.
    Maybe the firmware I'm trying to flash is for T820 only and that's the problem?
    This is the one you told me: T820XXU1AQF3_T820OXX1AQF2_XEZ
    Is there an equivalent for T825? This one perhaps https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-tab-s3/SM-T825/XEZ/download/T825XXU1AQF3/176126/

Btw I'm sure mine is a T825 not T825c
    Did you try with a full wipe?
    Ps as the top post says fully extracted from a T825 firmware, including kernel

yes
    Have you had success with this rom? If I don't get some indication it's working I'll have to pull the file off the host

I don't have this device only the sm-T820 version. Just from reading the twrp recovery thread..others have had problems with frp lock. If they didn't enable oem unlock from developer options before rooting. Just trying to help I apologise. Not many people talk in the tab s3 forum. Trying to encourage discussions. Not sure why nobody is posting feedback. The sm-820 version works great
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone