[CLOSED] [ROM] SM-T825 Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rorymc928

CAUTION testers needed I have a T820 so this is untested,
Built with the same method as the T820 rom
PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS or I don't know it works.
Ensure you have full backups, full twrp, and internal data copied to ext sd

DETAILS
Stock Czech firmware base AQF3
Rooted

Zip aligned

Thanks to
Chainfire for supersu
Ashyx for custom twrp and rooting process
Samsung for the base

Take all care back up, beyond that, your responsibility

Links :-

1. Android file host
Deleted

2. 2nd basic rooted zip align only
Same base
Testers for this needed, full backups,
post results good or bad....
Serious flashers only, who will give feedback.

Deleted

3. Rebuilt, new firmware downloaded, root and zip align only,
It's boring but...
Needs testing before I/we can move on

Please ensure full backups, experienced flashers only, and post results, good or bad.
Take note of the reference to twrp and mounting of system in the twrp /root post
Quote :

IMPORTANT! This device enforces dm-verity. ANY modifications or even mounting system will put the device into a bootloop. To prevent this TWRP will ask at first boot if you want to keep system 'Read only' or 'Allow modifications to system'. If you choose to keep 'Read only' you will have to flash TWRP at every boot to recovery.
If you choose to 'Allow' then SuperSU or the boot patch needs flashing below to disable dm-verity.

Link https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s3/development/recovery-twrp-3-1-0-1-samsung-galaxy-t3581359

ROM download link
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634799707

Hit thanks or buy me a coffee if you wish

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7abib

matata86

May 10, 2009
Sure, I wipe I did. I waited about 10-15 minutes. Should I wait longer do you think?

7abib

Sep 4, 2014
Does this rom work or have a bootloop?
Maybe that bootloop caused by using T820 kernal not T825 or anything related to T820

rorymc928

Downloads but no feed back, I take it that this is good to go for a daily?
I have a T-820, so was unable to test this, the T-820 version is good, if you're experienced give it a try and report back, there have been some reports of bootloops, I will attempt a new build of the same rom,when I can get to it, but I rely on others for testing, so if you feel like testing and reporting that would be appreciated, make sure you have all backups though

blaze82

Sep 18, 2012
new aiyansh
I have a T-820, so was unable to test this, the T-820 version is good, if you're experienced give it a try and report back, there have been some reports of bootloops, I will attempt a new build of the same rom,when I can get to it, but I rely on others for testing, so if you feel like testing and reporting that would be appreciated, make sure you have all backups though

I haven't rooted this tab yet, I've only had it for a few days, I've been reading through the threads, trying to decide if it's worth it at this point.

JWnSC

Jul 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Red Magic 8 pro
Have you had success with this rom? If I don't get some indication it's working I'll have to pull the file off the host

I don't have this device only the sm-T820 version. Just from reading the twrp recovery thread..others have had problems with frp lock. If they didn't enable oem unlock from developer options before rooting. Just trying to help I apologise. Not many people talk in the tab s3 forum. Trying to encourage discussions. Not sure why nobody is posting feedback. The sm-820 version works great

Last edited:
Reactions: rorymc928

rorymc928

I don't have this device only the sm-T820 version. Just from reading the twrp recovery thread..others have had problems with frp lock. If they didn't enable oem unlock from developer options before rooting. Just trying to help I apologise. Not many people talk in the tab s3 forum. Trying to encourage discussions. Not sure why nobody is posting feedback. The sm-820 version works great

I should have noticed you from the other thread ☺️

Good point, I've done a rebuild of this rom, a basic rooted stock, to try and eliminate a problem from my side. I'll get round to posting that soon, hoping for testers that will post reviews, failing that I'll stick to the T820 for the time being, as I can test that myself.

Thanks for your input, we have to get more discussion on these 2 devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWnSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts