Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Banner.png

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About AospExtended

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open-source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended.

Whats working?
Ril
Wifi
Mobile data
Double tap to wake
Double tap to sleep
Adaptive brightness
Dark theme
Ambient display
Flash light
Sound / vibration
Camera
Volte
Fingerprint

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend to flash any other custom kernels on this rom just to avoid issues .

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
* AEX & CO (For ROM Source Code)
* All the authors in my git sources
* Nokia For kernel Source
* Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)
* My entire Nokia 7 Plus community Thank you all for your massive support Again

honzamasek

Aug 26, 2018
thanks for the quick android 12 development for our devices!
problems i found - bluetooth not working, system colors are not changing based on wallpaper selection, clock in the left upper corner is too close to the edge of the screen, not symetric with icons on the other side
also, is there a way of getting pixel launcher 12 working in this rom?
Thanks!

iamHusnain

Sep 21, 2021
i am getting error 28 at step 1/2..
Error Applying update: 28 (errorCode: :
kdownloadoperationexecutionerror)
Updater process ended with error: 1
i have tried re-downloading the rom again. the zip file is not damaged. i tried installing from both sdcard and phone memory, still the same error.

Reactions: alfah101
i have tried re-downloading the rom again. the zip file is not damaged. i tried installing from both sdcard and phone memory, still the same error.
You will need to make your system partition larger first. I was getting the same message at first and stopped getting it after I increased the size of the system partition.

I know this link says Nokia 6.1 Plus / X6, but I can confirm that it works for the 7 plus as well.

iamHusnain

Sep 21, 2021
You will need to make your system partition larger first. I was getting the same message at first and stopped getting it after I increased the size of the system partition.

I know this link says Nokia 6.1 Plus / X6, but I can confirm that it works for the 7 plus as well.
it worked.. thank you soo much :D

Reactions: Raghu varma

tkabukar7412

Jun 5, 2018
Thank you so much for the Android 12 development on Nokia 7 plus i will definitely try in few days coz i want to unlock bootloader first
Again Thank u so much @RaghuVerma

alfah101

Oct 31, 2018
Nokia 7 Plus
problems i found - bluetooth not working, system colors are not changing based on wallpaper selection, clock in the left upper corner is too close to the edge of the screen, not symetric with icons on the other side
Thanks!
Yes i also have those issues, but none the less really grt work @Raghu varma. Hope the bugs get fixed soon.

Last edited:

alfah101

Oct 31, 2018
Nokia 7 Plus
What is not working:
  • Bluetooth
  • System colors not changing based on wallpaper selection
  • "Device Controls" is unavailable
everything else seems to work fine for now.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021
Hi, I was trying to install this custom rom on my 7+ (TA-1046 [the dual sim one]) but I've ended up with this "Error installing zip file" error in TWRP.
Screenshot_2021-12-07-09-30-35.png

As you can see I have tried diffrent roms.
I was following steps listed here:
and I believe by wiping I've deleted the stock Android 10 rom.
I have repartitioned my phone using this tool:
I have used the 3.5G S 1G V option (because previously i was getting "Error Applying update: 28").
I have downgraded TWRP itself from 3.4.0-0 to 3.2.3-0 but it didn't help.
I have tried istalling roms from SD card as well as internal storage.
I have looked through topics on reddit and XDA also searched in google.
Right now I'm trying to use this:
to bring back stock Android 10 to have anything running on the phone (though this tool seems to be stuck on "rebooting system" - and it has been waaay longer than 10 minutes, it still haven't rebooted on it's own) but I still want to install something custom (android 11 or 12 based to make this upgrade worth it).
What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit 1 : after like an hour of waiting for the tool to reboot my nokia I've rebooted manually
good news - TWRP still works, bad news - only TWRP work so I still have no Android on the phone
Edit 2 : I know why that tool for installing stock roms wasn't working for me. Apparently it's missing some files for the fastboot commands to work. Whelp my bad I guess. Although there was no mention of that on it's instructions page.
Edit 3 : I've grabbed all necessery files. The tool did something, definitely rebooted correctly on it's own this time (yay) but now it tries to load the OS, it says "powered by android", and bootloops. Actually now it just goes straight to the "download mode" and TWRP seems to not boot anymore even with it's button combination. So not much progress on my end unfortunatelly. I'm gonna keep trying to resolve this mess but it seems I'm running low on good ideas so far. Would still love some tips on installing zips via TWRP or basically any method to install an OS here.
Edit 4 : I was trying to reinstall TWRP and I got this error.
1639051248551.png

I think that I might have just bricked it. Well it's been fun. I've never had so many problems installing custom roms before. But I knew what I was risking. If you have any suggestions on how to overcome this error I'd be happy to know them.

Last edited:

sidha

May 22, 2016
Hi, I was trying to install this custom rom on my 7+ (TA-1046 [the dual sim one]) but I've ended up with this "Error installing zip file" error in TWRP.View attachment 5476947
As you can see I have tried diffrent roms.
I was following steps listed here:
and I believe by wiping I've deleted the stock Android 10 rom.
I have repartitioned my phone using this tool:
I have used the 3.5G S 1G V option (because previously i was getting "Error Applying update: 28").
I have downgraded TWRP itself from 3.4.0-0 to 3.2.3-0 but it didn't help.
I have tried istalling roms from SD card as well as internal storage.
I have looked through topics on reddit and XDA also searched in google.
Right now I'm trying to use this:
to bring back stock Android 10 to have anything running on the phone (though this tool seems to be stuck on "rebooting system" - and it has been waaay longer than 10 minutes, it still haven't rebooted on it's own) but I still want to install something custom (android 11 or 12 based to make this upgrade worth it).
What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit 1 : after like an hour of waiting for the tool to reboot my nokia I've rebooted manually
good news - TWRP still works, bad news - only TWRP work so I still have no Android on the phone
Edit 2 : I know why that tool for installing stock roms wasn't working for me. Apparently it's missing some files for the fastboot commands to work. Whelp my bad I guess. Although there was no mention of that on it's instructions page.
Edit 3 : I've grabbed all necessery files. The tool did something, definitely rebooted correctly on it's own this time (yay) but now it tries to load the OS, it says "powered by android", and bootloops. Actually now it just goes straight to the "download mode" and TWRP seems to not boot anymore even with it's button combination. So not much progress on my end unfortunatelly. I'm gonna keep trying to resolve this mess but it seems I'm running low on good ideas so far. Would still love some tips on installing zips via TWRP or basically any method to install an OS here.
Edit 4 : I was trying to reinstall TWRP and I get this error.View attachment 5478427
I think that I might have just bricked it. Well it's been fun. I've never had so many problems installing custom roms before. But I knew what I was risking. If you have any suggestions on how to overcome this error I'd be happy to know them.
Hi, did you made your system partition larger before install - as someone wrote here erlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Banner.png

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About AospExtended

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open-source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended.

Whats working?
    Ril
    Wifi
    Mobile data
    Double tap to wake
    Double tap to sleep
    Adaptive brightness
    Dark theme
    Ambient display
    Flash light
    Sound / vibration
    Camera
    Volte
    Fingerprint

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend to flash any other custom kernels on this rom just to avoid issues .

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * AEX & CO (For ROM Source Code)
    * All the authors in my git sources
    * Nokia For kernel Source
    * Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)
    * My entire Nokia 7 Plus community Thank you all for your massive support Again

Changelog Tue Oct 12 05:14:17 UTC 2021
    =============================
    • initial android 12 build
    • based on latest stable sources
    • october 2021 security patch
    • improved system stability

• user interface enhancements
    • GAaps included

Thanks!
    Well I think I'm giving up on installing custom roms. I can boot to TWRP via usb no problem but after installing the premanent version from the zip file and rebooting to it it just hangs on teamwin splash screen. I've wasted too much time on it I think I'm just gonna embrace the stock rom in all it's broken glory. Only thing left is to order a new screen because I've managed to crack the orginal one while I was oppening the phone to replace the faulty USB-C port. Nokia 7 plus is terrible, I am definitelly not buying anything from HMD ever again.