• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CLOSED][SHARE] Lineage 18, Android 11 for Pixel 4a Sunfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Is the boot.img a twrp recovery or? I am coming from stock, so would i need to touch twrp at all for this?

There is no workable Android 11 TWRP for this device. It is a stock like recovery to avoid signature verification errors while sideloading rom. You just need to be on stock Android 11, or another Android 11 custom rom to install this. If your on 10, you will need to update to 11, if your already on 11 then your already good to install, just follow the instructions and you will be good to go. DO NOT use the regular stock recovery. You will get a verification error. The recovery.img I supplied will install the recovery you need. Edmontonchef also reports success using derpfest recovery as well. You can find that on derpfest op. Either one will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: d33dvb

d33dvb

Sep 30, 2007
Actually there are other snapdragon 730G with monitor mode support. Not sure how you could brick it, it's just a driver with monitor mode enabled.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Actually there are other snapdragon 730G with monitor mode support. Not sure how you could brick it, it's just a driver with monitor mode enabled.

Bricking it is a whole different thing, you could just easily flash the software in that case and no big deal, but I have heard of device hardware being damaged by it. LOS is currently not patched for it. There was a Nexmon app in the google play store but it was pulled. For the internal Adapter you need a patched Firmware along with Nexmon, and so far i see you must build this for your own. Nexmon from the store still wouldn't work anyway. There is instructions on github on how to do it with a Nexus or Rasperry Pi but I have no idea for pixel devices. If someone is unsure of what they are doing and installs it on the wrong chipset, it can be dangerous.

Last edited:
Reactions: d33dvb

d33dvb

Sep 30, 2007
Bricking it is a whole different thing, you could just easily flash the software in that case and no big deal, but I have heard of device hardware being damaged by it. LOS is currently not patched for it. There was a Nexmon app in the google play store but it was pulled. For the internal Adapter you need a patched Firmware along with Nexmon, and so far i see you must build this for your own. Nexmon from the store still wouldn't work anyway. There is instructions on github on how to do it with a Nexus or Rasperry Pi but I have no idea for pixel devices. If someone is unsure of what they are doing and installs it on the wrong chipset, it can be dangerous.
Here is the patch. I will try to build it and report back. It enables monitor mode for any QCACLD chipset. May not even need this patch apparently.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Unless LineageOS is official- or at least someone is maintaining routine builds- this thread shouldn't exist.
Unless LineageOS is official- or at least someone is maintaining routine builds- this thread shouldn't exist.

Wow, you act like the devs don't have other jobs and families outside of rom development. The OP was updated less than two weeks ago. What else do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts