[CLOSED] - story how I've released Android app and nothing happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Veaware

Mar 1, 2023
Hi lurkers!

Pretty much the title... :eek: I've made another attempt to develop & release Android app because I'm curious if it's still possible to hit the jackpot and get piece of cake from the market. I can tell this is tough, as Google Play Store is flooded with apps and it's difficult to get organic downloads. What's your experience guys? Is there some trick that works for you to get more traffic?

Long story short, app helps to:
xxxxx, the app that allows you to see on a map where you've taken your photos! App will help you to geotag photos, group photos by country or place, create albums, view and edit EXIF metadata and many more. With xxxx, you can access and manage your photos from local and cloud storages.

I've made sure that I deliver quality app and focused first to give value to the users. I've also created landing page, to build trust with users. My business model is simple: app offers 2-week trial period with all its features for free, as I don't want to put ads into the app. After trial period ends, user must purchase full version in order to continue using the app.

I would be grateful if you could give me some advise and honest feedback about the app.

Link to the app: xxxxx
App's website:
xxxxxxx

Mod Edit: Links and references to app removed

Last edited by a moderator:

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
MOD ACTION:

Thread closed and links removed.

@Veaware

Paid apps without a free version are not allowed on XDA. Please read Rules 7 & 11:
7. Do not sell or trade on the forums.
  • If you wish to advertise a product, simply contact us. We can provide ads but you are not permitted to just post it in the forums. If you do, it will be removed and you're likely to receive a ban.
  • The buying, selling, trading and / or exchanging of any item is now prohibited on XDA, in any forum or via Private Messages. We now use www.swappa.com
11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
    A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
    B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
A free trial version is not equivalent to a free version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD ACTION:

Thread closed and links removed.

@Veaware

Paid apps without a free version are not allowed on XDA. Please read Rules 7 & 11:
    7. Do not sell or trade on the forums.
    • If you wish to advertise a product, simply contact us. We can provide ads but you are not permitted to just post it in the forums. If you do, it will be removed and you're likely to receive a ban.
    • The buying, selling, trading and / or exchanging of any item is now prohibited on XDA, in any forum or via Private Messages. We now use www.swappa.com
    11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
      A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
      B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
    A free trial version is not equivalent to a free version.