[CLOSED THREAD] [ROM] Magnolia Final 1.3.2

Search This thread

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Would you ever consider putting together a sense removal script for this rom? That would be one awesome mod :)

sent from my HTC incredible

Here you are: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9g2dydibz3ii6q6/Desensitize.sh

Please make sure you have ADW, Launcher Pro or some alternative launcher installed BEFORE you run the script, and, of course, backup first :). Place in your gscripts folder on your sdcard, add the script and run. It will tell you what it is doing and prompt you to reboot. Voila, no more Sense.

PLEASE NOTE: This is experimental. I have tried it, and it works for me, but I like Sense and haven't used the senseless version of this ROM very much. Please feel free to try this out, but understand that this is still an early version of a possible future extra and may have flaws. If you run this script, you are essentially a beta tester.

Steve

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Can I get the original services.jar, w/o the "uncapped" mod?
Or can I use any unmodified sense services.jar.

No, you cannot; not without really messing things up with the notification bar widgets, anyway. I will get you the version without the uncapped data mod tomorrow AM (I have it somewhere). If I forget, please just PM me.

Steve

AndrewGL

Sep 5, 2010
Chicago
Here you are: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9g2dydibz3ii6q6/Desensitize.sh

Please make sure you have ADW, Launcher Pro or some alternative launcher installed BEFORE you run the script, and, of course, backup first :). Place in your gscripts folder on your sdcard, add the script and run. It will tell you what it is doing and prompt you to reboot. Voila, no more Sense.

PLEASE NOTE: This is experimental. I have tried it, and it works for me, but I like Sense and haven't used the senseless version of this ROM very much. Please feel free to try this out, but understand that this is still an early version of a possible future extra and may have flaws. If you run this script, you are essentially a beta tester.

Steve

Worked like a charm! I'll let ya know if anything acts ups. Thx a bunch

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

kriskmk

Jun 7, 2010
Utopia
Never thought I'd say this. The rom is being extremely quirky all of a sudden. It crashed in the middle of an app, then it rebooted itself..except that instead of displaying the default home screen (4th screen in the middle of the 7), it was showing the 1st screen..so I tried to scroll to the home screen but like some rubberband effect it would scroll back to the 1st screen Rosie icons (I am using the gingerbread one) wouldn't work anymore. The don't launch anything. On the contrary when I press the phone icon...it does the auto scrolling to the 3rd desktop screen and stays there. Tried rebooting and battery pull...still the same problem. Random apps on the home screen are getting selected automatically.

I am guessing it is kernel related. I'll try another kernel and see if that fixes it. Its weird ....because it was working perfectly well for 2 days and since then I have not downloaded anything new.

kriskmk

Jun 7, 2010
Utopia
I am wondering if the default kernel has some kind of governor that changes CPU speed during different occassions. I can see that causing some instability ...in my case it was most unstable when an app was running (like radio) when the screen was off and when I woke it up it just went crazy. I am wondering if frequent "acceleration" and "deceleration" of the processor is what is causing the instability.

Anyway...I switched to the latest stock HTC kernel ...and the quirks seemed to have gone for now.
I forgot how stable the HTC kernels were. :)

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Yeah. On reading around, it turns out that this kernel has different reactions with different phones of the same type (ie, different Incredibles react differently to it). A flashover with a stable kernel and the de-sense option will be available soon.

Oh, well. Live and learn.

big-red

Aug 11, 2007
Or provide the rom with stock (latest) kernel and let people put what works good for them in on there own... and maybe give them a list based on user experiences.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Or provide the rom with stock (latest) kernel and let people put what works good for them in on there own... and maybe give them a list based on user experiences.

Ah, you read my mind. It is done. Just finishing up some odds and ends and will post tonight or tomorrow morning.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
could you leave the radio and tv-out in when de-sensitize ?

Sure. I am actually going to include gscript lite, and have a whole bunch of uninstall scripts for each safely removable app. So if someone doesn't like the radio, etc., it can be uninstall with a couple presses.

Steve

AndrewGL

Sep 5, 2010
Chicago
Sure. I am actually going to include gscript lite, and have a whole bunch of uninstall scripts for each safely removable app. So if someone doesn't like the radio, etc., it can be uninstall with a couple presses.

Steve

Good idea dude. Also, your script that you posted here has still not caused any issues. Will you be releasing the update tonight?

texanaustinite

Jun 13, 2010
Duh...
sk806, if you can clarify, what does de-sensing get rid of? I use root explorer to delete Rosie.apk just so it's not running in background. What other aspects of sense does your script remove?

Last edited:

grd069

Jan 11, 2010
Random Reboots

upgraded to 1.1 and have had 3 or 4 reboots.... one while loading contacts, and 2 or 3 while backing out of the market.... I am trying a dalvik and will report any future reboots.

:eek:I keep getting the same problem happened in root explorer twice, Handcent, and
Settings any input would be great:D

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
sk806, if you can clarify, what does de-sensing get rid of? I use root explorer to delete Rosie.apk just so it's not running in background. What other aspects of sense does your script remove?

Sense is the UI, as opposed to the HTC apps. So, what I mean is getting rid of not only Rosie, makes it so you can't use the HTC widgets, etc., but the widgets and related bits, as well. This really lighten the ROM for those who don't use sense.

In the experimental script I posted, I got rid if the stock and radio apps, as well, but they will be in the final version.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Reactions: texanaustinite

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
:eek:I keep getting the same problem happened in root explorer twice, Handcent, and
Settings any input would be great:D

Flash a different kernel. For some reason, the kernel baked into the ROM does not like some users' phones/apps they install. I am working on a new version that will have the stock kernel (very stable, slightly less snappy) and allow users to flash whatever kernel they think best.

If you want a kernel recommendation for right now, on the overclocked/undervolted side, I have been trying chad's incredikernel for almost a full 24 hours, and it seems quite stable for a overclocked kernel. On the more conservative/stable side, you can download the stock kernel from RomManager under Virtuous.

The new version (1.1.1) will be out tomorrow morning and will be flashable over 1.1.

Sorry to everyone who is experiencing these issues. Ziggy's kernels work just fine for me, but I now know that the same is not true for all. The ROM is starting to take off, I had probably 300 users for the last RC version, and have had that many flash (or download, anyway) 1.1 in one day. I realize now that I need to make my ROM work well for a much wider base of users, and will keep that in mind as I move forward.

Steve

Last edited:

grd069

Jan 11, 2010
Flash a different kernel. For some reason, the kernel baked into the ROM does not like some users' phones/apps they install. I am working on a new version that will have the stock kernel (very stable, slightly less snappy) and allow users to flash whatever kernel they think best.

If you want a kernel recommendation for right now, on the overclocked/undervolted side, I have been trying chad's incredikernel for almost a full 24 hours, and it seems quite stable for a overclocked kernel. On the more conservative/stable side, you can download the stock kernel from RomManager under Virtuous.

The new version (1.1.1) will be out tomorrow morning and will be flashable over 1.1.

Sorry to everyone who is experiencing these issues. Ziggy's kernels work just fine for me, but I now know that the same is not true for all. The ROM is starting to take off, I had probably 300 users for the last RC version, and have had that many flash (or download, anyway) 1.1 in one day. I realize now that I need to make my ROM work well for a much wider base of users, and will keep that in mind as I move forward.

Steve

Awesome thanks flashing Chad's now.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone