[CLOSED THREAD] [ROM] Magnolia Final 1.3.2

Search This thread

texanaustinite

Jun 13, 2010
Duh...
Sense is the UI, as opposed to the HTC apps. So, what I mean is getting rid of not only Rosie, makes it so you can't use the HTC widgets, etc., but the widgets and related bits, as well. This really lighten the ROM for those who don't use sense.

In the experimental script I posted, I got rid if the stock and radio apps, as well, but they will be in the final version.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

kriskmk

Jun 7, 2010
Utopia
I haven't seen any other developer who is as mindful of his "customer's" needs as you are. This rom is the best out there in my opinion. Some of the stuff you've implemented in your roms are truly one of a kind ( the transparent lock and Widgets...the app drawer tied to the app folder etc). You don't need to apologize for this kernel issue because the issues are cropping up after a few days in most cases..and we know you didn't write the kernel ;)

The compiling that you've done with the features and the rom is simply top notch.

My only complaint is that you are not yet accepting donations :)

Flash a different kernel. For some reason, the kernel baked into the ROM does not like some users' phones/apps they install. I am working on a new version that will have the stock kernel (very stable, slightly less snappy) and allow users to flash whatever kernel they think best.

If you want a kernel recommendation for right now, on the overclocked/undervolted side, I have been trying chad's incredikernel for almost a full 24 hours, and it seems quite stable for a overclocked kernel. On the more conservative/stable side, you can download the stock kernel from RomManager under Virtuous.

The new version (1.1.1) will be out tomorrow morning and will be flashable over 1.1.

Sorry to everyone who is experiencing these issues. Ziggy's kernels work just fine for me, but I now know that the same is not true for all. The ROM is starting to take off, I had probably 300 users for the last RC version, and have had that many flash (or download, anyway) 1.1 in one day. I realize now that I need to make my ROM work well for a much wider base of users, and will keep that in mind as I move forward.

Steve

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

big-red

Aug 11, 2007
found this desk-clock doesn't have the strange characters but the music doesn't do anything when clicked on but if it helps you fix it.

Attachments

• DeskClockGoogle.rar
    175 KB · Views: 3

ecopile

Apr 29, 2010
Charlotte
Flash a different kernel. For some reason, the kernel baked into the ROM does not like some users' phones/apps they install. I am working on a new version that will have the stock kernel (very stable, slightly less snappy) and allow users to flash whatever kernel they think best.

If you want a kernel recommendation for right now, on the overclocked/undervolted side, I have been trying chad's incredikernel for almost a full 24 hours, and it seems quite stable for a overclocked kernel. On the more conservative/stable side, you can download the stock kernel from RomManager under Virtuous.

The new version (1.1.1) will be out tomorrow morning and will be flashable over 1.1.

Sorry to everyone who is experiencing these issues. Ziggy's kernels work just fine for me, but I now know that the same is not true for all. The ROM is starting to take off, I had probably 300 users for the last RC version, and have had that many flash (or download, anyway) 1.1 in one day. I realize now that I need to make my ROM work well for a much wider base of users, and will keep that in mind as I move forward.

Steve
Thanks. I flashed Lou's #7 over the default Ziggy, and I've had no issues whatsoever.

schollianmj

Feb 27, 2009
hey one thing that i have noticed is that with the Rosie mods you posted, i tried to flash NAF ROM Defaul icons... worked kinda, but when I hit the center icon to open the app drawer it dont do anything... I dont really like app folders, so am now using naf color rosie... but i would preferr to use the rom default icons... if you get a few spare seconds can you look into that for me? thanks...

oh and 1.1.1 is just a fix for the Kernel and Gscript?? so basically if I wanna keep sense, and i am already running a kernel that likes my phone I reallly dont need to flash right?

RyanTX

May 22, 2010
Pilot Point
Can you post the gscript scripts for removing some of the apps like stocks etc? I am on 1.0 and want to get rid of some of those things.

Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone