Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

oneprimedroid

Sep 13, 2019
Galveston
help

hello everyone,
i am trying to build twrp using omnirom and i keep getting this error...

ninja: error: '/home/oneprime/omnirom/out/target/product/bonito/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libnos_citadel_for_recovery_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/home/oneprime/omnirom/out/target/product/bonito/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it

i am missing something and can't figure it out.

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
hello everyone,
i am trying to build twrp using omnirom and i keep getting this error...

ninja: error: '/home/oneprime/omnirom/out/target/product/bonito/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libnos_citadel_for_recovery_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/home/oneprime/omnirom/out/target/product/bonito/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it

i am missing something and can't figure it out.

Clone the external NOS repos. I mentioned this in the README for the device tree.

Reactions: JAlvarezFlores

Sc4ryB3ar

Mar 3, 2012
Plymouth
Google Pixel 5
Not to be dense, but how do we return to factory recovery?

I'm considering selling this phone, and am wanting to restore it to factory. Although it's already updated to Android 10, I never did anything about the TWRP recovery.

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Does any version of twrp work on android 10 for this phone.... maybe using the fastboot boot options? I know on marlin it wont INSTALL on android 10 and they are saying it wont work on android 10 bu t the reality is it WILL work with fastboot boot. Has anyone tested using twrp on android 10 with fastboot boot?

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
Does any version of twrp work on android 10 for this phone.... maybe using the fastboot boot options? I know on marlin it wont INSTALL on android 10 and they are saying it wont work on android 10 bu t the reality is it WILL work with fastboot boot. Has anyone tested using twrp on android 10 with fastboot boot?

Read OP. Specifically the read more link.

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL
I have, but I was linked to the exact same article for the marlin and as I mentioned previously it worked just fine from a fastboot boot command.
It doesn't work at all on the pixel 3/3a/4 devices as they use logical partitions.

TWRP has no way to mount anything.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL
Sigh.. it's been awhile since I've mounted anything as well.. need to get myself back on the market ?
It's not a bad thing. You don't need to, and you shouldn't be able to directly modify system/vendor/product partitions anyway.

If you must make changes, you can use magisk modules, also ROMs are still flashable, it's just not as simple anymore.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

Reactions: CenFlo

coffenat

Mar 15, 2015
just a random thought , since fastboot is moving to the userbase is there anyway to chanfe the boot slot from like android itself , if so i mean right nowi have twrp flashed through fastboot to boot slot b and my system on a so all i have to do to boot twrp is
adb reboot fastboot;fastboot set_active b;fastboot reboot;
then i have the b system partion formatted as a blank ext4 partition to store roms and stuff on that i can adb pull then switch to a from with in twrp without rebootint and use twrp to flash the image or still on slot b through the sideload way a couple hoops to jump through but the install zip doesnt work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    [I]#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is not void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */[/I]

Note: Please be aware that you cannot install this without a kernel with LZMA compression support, I believe most ROMs have included my commit for this so you should be good for all custom ROMs and kernels. If not please file a request to the maintainer.

In addition, please be aware that TWRP is currently not compatible with Android 10. If you would like to use TWRP you will need to go back to Android 9. If you would like more information you can read at the link here.

Not a huge problem, stock users can just temporarily boot TWRP if you have access to a PC.
    Not compatible with Android Q.

Pixel devices have 2 "slots" for ROMs / firmware. TWRP will detect whichever slot is currently active and use that slot for backup AND restore. There are buttons on the reboot page and under backup -> options to change slots. Changing the active slot will cause TWRP to switch which slot that TWRP is backing up or restoring. You can make a backup of slot A, switch to B, then restore the backup which will restore the backup of A to slot B. Changing the slot in TWRP also tells the bootloader to boot that slot.

Installation:

If you already have TWRP installed: Download the latest zip and install the zip using TWRP.

If you do not already have TWRP installed: Download both the img and the zip. You will need to have fastboot binaries and the correct drivers installed. Power off your device completely. Hold volume down and turn on the device. Your device should now be in the bootloader. Connect the device to your PC. Open a command window and run the following command from the proper location:

fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img

This will temporarily boot TWRP on your device. Use ADB or MTP to transfer the zip onto your device.

Go to install and browse to the zip and install the zip. The zip will install TWRP to both boot slots. Installing TWRP at this time will remove root if you are currently rooted.

If you accidently flash TWRP to your device using fastboot instead of temporarily booting the image, you will need to download the latest factory image for your device and reflash the boot image.

Changelog:
    [BETA]
    3.3.1-0: Initial release for Pixel 3A XL devices
    3.3.1-1: Fixed having to manually change slots before rebooting.
    3.3.1-2: Updated to July blobs!
    3.3.1-3: Can now install TWRP to boot image. ADB, MTP, LOGD, Repack Tools and Logcat have all been removed to save the necessary space for this to work. You can grab stuff while in the OS, then flash it in TWRP (Keep in mind I have only tested this on stock as of now, feel free to test it on whatever ROM you use. It should work, but let me know if it doesn't).
    3.3.1-4: Changed back to LZMA compression, also added back all the features besides ADB/Logcat. As long as your kernel supports LZMA you will be able to take advantage of installing it permanently without having to worry about space restrictions.
    3.3.1-5:
    Add persist entry to fstab
    * To allow TWRP to store a backup settings file on /persist
    and also to be used as QCOM time fix source during early boot.
    Revert "Don't include logcat."
    Revert "Don't include repack tools."
    3.3.1-6:
    Revert "Revert "Don't include repack tools.""
    Add haptics firmware.
    * This obviously on it's own isn't enough to get haptics working for the 3A in TWRP, but its a start.
    Don't include a precompiled update_engine_sideload
    * This should fix the issue of flashing officials for StatiXOS

[STABLE]
    3.3.1-0: Initial official release!

Download:
    https://twrp.me/google/googlepixel3axl.html

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Google Pixel 3a XL

Contributors
    ZVNexus, janjan
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_google_bonito

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-07-17
    Current Beta Version: 3.3.1-6
    Beta Release Date: 2019-06-27

Created 2019-06-27
    Last Updated 2019-11-15
    Just reuploaded 3.3.1-6 with one key fix, didn't feel like making a whole new version.

USB OTG now works :)
    Alright, reuploaded 3.3.1-1 with that oopsie fixed.
    3.3.1-3: Can now install TWRP to boot image. ADB, MTP, LOGD, Repack Tools and Logcat have all been removed to save the necessary space for this to work. You can grab stuff while in the OS, then flash it in TWRP (Keep in mind I have only tested this on stock as of now, feel free to test it on whatever ROM you use. It should work, but let me know if it doesn't).

3.3.1-4: Changed back to LZMA compression, also added back all the features besides ADB/Logcat. As long as your kernel supports LZMA you will be able to take advantage of installing it permanently without having to worry about space restrictions.

3.3.1-5:
    Add persist entry to fstab
    * To allow TWRP to store a backup settings file on /persist
    and also to be used as QCOM time fix source during early boot.
    Revert "Don't include logcat."
    Revert "Don't include repack tools."
    When twrp creators update their code to work on q with the new partition setup then we should get official q support, until then it's a waiting game.

Yep, I'm ready any time on my end.