[CLOSED] [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 [SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

American_Jesus

Mar 9, 2016
Lisbon
Sorry, I am not used to mobile coding. Where I am suppose to enter this commands?
Are you suggesting to download connectbot or termux as applications and then use this code?
Or tis code can be executed in Terminal in TWP ?

Also how this will help? or which problem it will help to solve?

Maybe it is silly question, but hopefully "American Jesus" does not mind :)

Arundeep

Use connectbot or termux like a said.
If you don't know what are you doing don't use microG

Reactions: arundeep78

arundeep78

Jul 7, 2018
Use connectbot or termux like a said.
If you don't know what are you doing don't use microG

I used termux. it work now. Thanks a lot.
So far happy with the ROM.
battery life is long
speed is faster
I have lot of space on my main memory. I do not have sd card. I just borrowed a friend's to get it installed.

So far all the benefits, that I wanted to achieve. Thanks to all the developers and the other members who helped to make this ROM possible and also help people like to go through technical details.

My final steps for J500FN were
1. Flash TWRP from the post 2 with ODIN.
2. Wipe data, dalvik, cache, internal, system
3. Flash ROM lineage-15.1_j53_20180624_NIGHTLY-j5nlte
4. Wipe dalvik/cache
5. boot into lineage and setup
6. boot into TWRP again and flash xposed from https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811 and the related app
7. Installed xposed module FakeGapps.
8. Installed magisk using https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
9. Installed NanoDroid microG from https://github.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid. I enabled google calendar and contacts sync by updating .nanodroid-setup file.
10. Make sure all the settings are done as per nanodroid documentation.
11. To make the sync of contacts and calendar work, I downloaded termux and executed the commands as provided by @American_Jesus and reboot.
12. It seems everything is working now.

NOTE: For me I just always wiped dalvik/cache after every flashing of zip file in TWRP before any other change.
Hopefully it helps anyone else who comes after.

Is there somewhere I can see RAM usage?
Also, I see all the standard apps e.g. calendar, contacts, gallery are so small in size and they still work beautifully.
Do not know if someone takes these apks and slim them down somehow.

Update: issues:
Found issues with not receiving calls or message notifications on application (WhatsApp, fb messenger). Other apps, did not try.
When I am active on the app, I can get the calls. But when the phone is idle, I do not receive any notifications/calls from these apps.
Normal phone call and message works fine.

Is there any settings for that too, or is it a bug in the ROM?
Anyone knows or faced the issue?

Arundeep

Last edited:
Reactions: faceN

abdulhalim7

Mar 2, 2017
Which is better opengapps or microG or mindthegapps?

I'm currently using open gapps aroma version on J500H. With this version sometimes my phone laggs a lot. Would anyone suggest me which one should I use? Please provide me download link.

MBechirM

Mar 28, 2017
Tunis
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Which is better opengapps or microG or mindthegapps?

I'm currently using open gapps aroma version on J500H. With this version sometimes my phone laggs a lot. Would anyone suggest me which one should I use? Please provide me download link.

LineageOS team officially recommends MindTheGapps but I personally prefer OpenGapps Aroma It's Only Problem is Having To Reflash it After every system update

artinessfox

Jan 20, 2017
I have J500H
I Do Clean install the 23/6 ver and latest Gapps pico. Everything was OK. except for today, I faced no sound on call. Does Any other have this problem? the previous builds were fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

DISCLAIMER:
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired, because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth

Known issuses:
    • NFC is broken ( J500FN )
    • Maybe more

Contributors:
    • garylawwd - 50E

Credits:
    • vince2678
    • minz1
    • vlw
    • Danil_e71

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    • Nope : Not happening
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
    Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 [SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    Dyneteve, vince2678, minz1
    Source Code: https://github.com/galaxy-msm8916

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Firmware Required: 6.0.1

Version Information

Created 2017-11-19
    Last Updated 2018-04-25
    To install this rom you have to upgrade to the latest TWRP 3.2.1 build here :
    End of the road