[CLOSED] Welcome to XDA 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

andreoide

I removed the faulty XDA app, downloaded previous version (April 2021)XDA from Apk mirror, after this all work fine.
Did this after read this possible fix somewhere.
All good again, I'm not to worried something became vulnerable on my phone now.
Yet it's a shame this happened.
I forgot: a good tip.
Since I downloaded a previous version from the XDA app from the APK- Mirror site, the Google Playstore will automatically update the version to the latest faulty one. To prevent this I have set updates in playstore to manually. This way I can select wich apps are updated and wich not.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Since I downloaded a previous version from the XDA app from the APK- Mirror site, the Google Playstore will automatically update the version to the latest faulty one. To prevent this I have set updates in playstore to manually. This way I can select wich apps are updated and wich not.
If you have root, you can hide/detach XDA app (or any other app) from Google Play - it won't know that you have it installed, it won't bother you to update, and you will never update it by mistake

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Latest version is updated today is v2.15.41 and seems to have fixed the issue in the last version.
Thanks 👍

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Cannot attached text files in web browsers or app, multiple devices, different network connections.

[EDIT] OK, it is a particular (not very large) log file that wont attache... but that is the most important. What could be the reasons why?

Attachments

• test.txt
    5 bytes · Views: 8

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Cannot attached text files in web browsers or app, multiple devices, different network connections.

[EDIT] OK, it is a particular (not very large) log file that wont attache... but that is the most important. What could be the reasons why?
I remember somebody (@zgfg?, @osm0sis?, one of the other heavy hitters) reporting he could not upload a particular text (log?) file. He tracked it down to a magic string in the file.

I can't remember the string. I can't find the post.

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Regarding the issue of being unable to attach log files that contain some sort of as yet undetermined type of content: I’ve gotten the test log file down to 12 lines, and it seems that pasting it into a in-line code formatted section of a post here will allow someone else to copy the text and save it as txt... but the way the file is handled matters to maintaining the offending material for purposes of sharing it. More about, and the method used below the code section. File is alos in attached zip file which as previously shared (thanks) also preserved the format.

12-09 11:42:35.111 E/fpc_tac (20473): Unable to open '/sys/devices/platform/soc/601b000.cti/modalias' 12-09 11:42:35.181 I/EventHub(2109): New device: id=257, fd=258, path='/dev/input/event7', name='uinput-fpc', classes=0x1, configuration='/system/usr/idc/uinput-fpc.idc', keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/uinput-fpc.kl', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=true, 12-09 11:42:35.181 W/InputReader(2109): Ignoring spurious device added event for deviceId 0. 12-09 11:42:35.275 D/LMT::LMT(20454): Starting GUI 12-09 11:42:35.701 E/fpc_hidl(20473): Can't initialize the fingerprint HAL module !!! 12-09 11:42:35.710 D/ICU (20486): Time zone APEX file found: /apex/com.android.tzdata/etc/icu/icu_tzdata.dat 12-09 11:42:35.725 I//system/bin/app_process(20486): The ClassLoaderContext is a special shared library. 12-09 11:42:35.746 W//system/bin/app_process(20486): JNI RegisterNativeMethods: attempt to register 0 native methods for android.media.AudioAttributes 12-09 11:42:35.799 D/AndroidRuntime(20494): >>>>>> START com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit uid 0 <<<<<< 12-09 11:42:35.804 I/AndroidRuntime(20494): Leaving lock profiling enabled 12-09 11:42:35.813 I/WindowManager(2109): SURFACE show Surface(name=Toast)/@0xfae71c1 on display:0: Toast 12-09 11:42:35.899 I/LaunchCheckinHandler(2109): Displayed com.noname81.lmt/.LMT,cp,ca,876

The initial file was a log captured by the app matlog while testing the app LMT and was several hundred lines long. At first, dividing it in sections would produce one bad section and one good section but by the time it was down to 62 lines splitting the file just about anywhere would result in two good pieces. At that point I semi arbitrarily deleted a few lines at a time which contained only “regular” characters (standard english alphabet, 0 through 9, and basic punctuation). By the time the file was down to 12 lines (as it is here) it seems that dividing it anywhere results in two good pieces. Whatever the problem is it's in this chunk somewhere and touching any of several parts of the file impacts it.

As to possible causes, after seeing the file with the visible code marks a I don't think mutually dependent paragraph markers and other such tandem things could carry through to the 12 line section with which the issue can be reproduced so hypothesis 1 is in the dustbin.

Also this does not seem entirely consistent with a filter being applied to a specific character or even a specific string of text. Could it be possible that a reputation service is contextually analyzing text and blocking it based on a general comparison, and that in the case of this 12 line section the match in that comparison is broken by removing any individual line?

As to preserving the offending material for sharing and testing, in my case, on a windows 10 PC with notepad as text editor and Firefox as browser, if the text from the code section is copied and pasted into a txt document in notepad and then saved, it should still induce the issue. If it might very well do so with other editors and browsers if the format is not changed but that's what I'm using.

Attachments

• test12.zip
    898 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
There's shell script detection that still breaks .sh.txt uploads, and then there were certain strings in text inside posts that tripped up a different firewall/filter (WAF), triggering Oops errors. Both are in my XenForo issue lists on these threads, but the WAF one was fixed for any content I used. Anything new triggering it will need another bitpushr ping.

Last edited:

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts