[CLOSED][WORKS ON ANDROID 12] [RECOVERY] OrangeFox Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TigerLake

Oct 28, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A71
1611776556752-png.5200817

NOTE: I do not claim this project as mine. Thanks to @geekmaster21 for making this recovery.
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Disclaimer:
- I do not claim this work as my own, this thread was created to have an XDA thread for A71 OrangeFox Recovery.
- I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this recovery may cause.
- Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote, to prevent bugs or bricks.
- Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.

How to install?
Requirement: An unlocked bootloader, and TWRP 3.6.0.

- Flash TWRP 3.6.0 if you haven't already, then download the recovery img, then move it to SD Card or Internal Storage.
- Reboot to recovery
- Select Install
- Select Install Image or zip and search for the OrangeFox Recovery img or zip file
- Flash as recovery
- Reboot to recovery
- Done

Is this better than TWRP? Why should there be orangefox when there is TWRP already?
In my opinion, yes. the UI feels much better than twrp and you can also customize your recovery via the customize option, a chance to rollback in case a magisk module bricks your phone via magisk manager (BUILT IN!) in Orangefox, so you dont have to go to file manager /adb/magisk/modules in TWRP.

Mod Edit: Improper DL link removed.

Source Code:
https://github.com/geekmaster21/OrangeFox-tree-Galaxy-A715F.git
Source Code: Source Code: https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox

Credits:
- Samsung for kernel source code
- TeamWin for their awesome recovery
- @ianmacd for compiling, updating, and maintaining TWRP for A71
- @geekmaster21 for compiling, updating and maintaining OrangeFox for A71

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.