• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CLOSED

Search This thread

puppet13th

Apr 9, 2011
Medan
I didn't have to do much.
Just minor modifications on my existing kernel for 4.0.2A.0.42
Works exactly as in 4.0.2A.0.42
INSTRUCTIONS:
Run cmd in the folder that contains fastboot.exe.Unzip boot.zip in the same folder.Connect your sk17i in fastboot mode(shutdown your device,hold volume up and connect your device to your pc via usb (blue led lights up)).
Type:fastboot flash boot boot.img
ENJOY!

bbooff do you mind to share how to modify stock kernel?
i want to make make some modification on xperia active stock kernel.
thank you.

mughalgxt

Sep 15, 2008
Ajman
my firmware is 4.0.2.A.0.58 flashed from SE PC Companion, rooted by darklords method, unlocked bootloader from SE dev site with SE key. When flashing the boot.img from fastboot can access clockworkmod recovery but home hardware key and msc mtp modes failed.:confused:

SOLVED! Post 5 solution.

Last edited:
B

bbooff

Do the following mughalgxt:
Flash your device again using SEUS.If SEUS tells you that your software is the latest, choose REPAIR.Then, flash the custom kernel, without rooting first.If the problem persists,let me know...

dumraden

Feb 18, 2008
This is SPARTAAAA!!
Tried this myself for my Active. Thing is, even though i follow the instructions listed in the site OP gave and this site also:
http://forum.androidspin.com/showthread.php/3973-ADVANCED-How-To-Mod-BOOT-amp-RECOVERY but all i end up with is a softbrick. When I initially try and flash the boot.img on the device i get this error:

"writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: Wrong range:0x10008000-0x10360b0b. Ok:0x00200000 - 0x03dfff)"

Tried adding base 0x00200000 to the cmdline part but no cigar. Also how do you extract the boot.img from your device since its not listed in the mtd's?

sulkie

Aug 16, 2011
flashed it, got OKAY at the end and superuser was installed.
i can't however get into CVM. it's volume down key after Sony Erricssson letters appears right?

i did however have it rooted already with zergrush method, but i dont think that cant interfere with getting into recovery.
i had no issues getting into recovery when i had CM installed.

B

bbooff

sulkie,
you need to to press and release the power on/off key just once, as soon as the (white) sony ericsson logo turns brighter.

puppet13th

Apr 9, 2011
Medan
Tried this myself for my Active. Thing is, even though i follow the instructions listed in the site OP gave and this site also:
http://forum.androidspin.com/showthread.php/3973-ADVANCED-How-To-Mod-BOOT-amp-RECOVERY but all i end up with is a softbrick. When I initially try and flash the boot.img on the device i get this error:

Tried adding base 0x00200000 to the cmdline part but no cigar. Also how do you extract the boot.img from your device since its not listed in the mtd's?

same here.i use flashtool to decrypt firmware files downloaded by SEUS.then i got kernel.sin then i use sin2img from Xperia ROM manager to convert kernel.sin to kernel.img. the converted file can't be splited using split_bootimg.pl. it's says wrong android magic or someting like that.

if you want to test the kernel just use these command :

Code:
fastboot boot kernel.img

Reactions: nelikp

rm001

Oct 24, 2009
bbooff,
Is it possible to add the support for voice call recording to your kernel (and/or to your HYBROMs)? Or it`s too difficult? Just in case, if it can help you: it is added in KRsH Kernel v2.0 (MiniPro)

B

bbooff

bbooff,
Is it possible to add the support for voice call recording to your kernel (and/or to your HYBROMs)? Or it`s too difficult? Just in case, if it can help you: it is added in KRsH Kernel v2.0 (MiniPro)

Check this app from the market:RECORD MY CALL
Tested with HYBROM v3 on my custom kernel about a minute ago.
Records any call and works fine.
(so, both kernel and rom obviously support call recording)

rm001

Oct 24, 2009
Check this app from the market:RECORD MY CALL
Tested with HYBROM v3 on my custom kernel about a minute ago.
Records any call and works fine.
(so, both kernel and rom obviously support call recording)
There are a lot of apps for call recording, but they record the sound from microphone, not from the line, so if you are on the street it becomes useless. The official ROM 100% doesn`t support line recordins, I checked. For example, if you set the option "use root/use kernel recording" instead of "use microphone", they produce an empty records.
Nevertheless I`ll try this app also, thank you very very much.

B

bbooff

There are a lot of apps for call recording, but they record the sound from microphone, not from the line, so if you are on the street it becomes useless. The official ROM 100% doesn`t support line recordins, I checked. For example, if you set the option "use root/use kernel recording" instead of "use microphone", they produce an empty records.
Nevertheless I`ll try this app also, thank you very very much.

Sorry..
I didn't quite understand what you meant before.It is clear now.
I will see what i can do...(But not in the near future...)