Question Closing background apps

Search This thread

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
I'm having major issues with the S21 ultra (i even have the 512GB/16GB ram). For example, apps like whatsapp sometimes do not receive any message until i open the app. Ive checked all the options not to optimize it or restrict background data etc, but the issue is still the same.
I had before honor 10 with 4gb ram and NEVER faced this problem

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Try disabling all power management. To check to see if you did get all the settings go to Developer Options>Standby apps, all buckets will show as active and their state can not be altered if power management is disabled.
    Android can manage fine without it. For battery issues find the apks causing it and deal directly with them.
    Clear system cache on the boot menu.
    As for Whatsapp, I keep it disabled at all times, no likey, #10.

Power management, destroyer of worlds

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
    Bratislava
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    it seems that latest ROM updates (I think I have this on all AUB* ones) is weirdly strict on background activities and cuts every one of them. my whole device acts strangely - apps not showing notification or showing them late (hours later than they were supposed to show), my apps are not updating: I have to repeatedly FC play store, then clear its cache so that currently installing app changes state from downloading to installing, than do it again to change state fomr installing to installed etc. worked fine on AUA* ones. it is really annoying. btw I tried to clear cache and dalvik/art cache from recovery, but that did not help. I have not tried factory seset yet...

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

• May 12, 2014
    I've had the delayed notifications problem with my Note 20 Ultra and now again with the S21 Ultra.

Some apps like the Ring Alarm come in instantly but others like eBay, PayPal ETC do not.

I have tried everything under the sun to get instant notifications to no avail.

Sure wish there was an easy fix for this problem.

Goku1992

• Feb 29, 2016
    Dortmund
    In my opinion the devicemanager app isnt working properly... On my friends s20 when you end an app via taskmanager its really off when the app is in "deep standbye" on my s21 ultra its not... Think the device manager need some Updates...

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    In my opinion the devicemanager app isnt working properly... On my friends s20 when you end an app via taskmanager its really off when the app is in "deep standbye" on my s21 ultra its not... Think the device manager need some Updates...

Lol, it never worked properly.
    Try disabling all power management. May or may not help. It created conflicts on my 10+ that ate battery and caused erratic behavior.
    I simple close all apps at the end of the day.
    Cloud apps may run even in deep standby mode and suck battery. Google system apks are prime suspects.

Goku1992

• Feb 29, 2016
    Dortmund
    Lol, it never worked properly.
    Try disabling all power management. May or may not help. It created conflicts on my 10+ that ate battery and caused erratic behavior.
    I simple close all apps at the end of the day.
    Cloud apps may run even in deep standby mode and suck battery. Google system apks are prime suspects.
    But on my friends phone its working but he is on Android 10... Beside of that i have very good battery life

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    But on my friends phone its working but he is on Android 10... Beside of that i have very good battery life

Great if it works... and it's a lick when doesn't.
    Without scope storage it would have had better performance but big sister Google wrecking products as usual.

Goku1992

• Feb 29, 2016
    Dortmund
    Great if it works... and it's a lick when doesn't.
    Without scope storage it would have had better performance but big sister Google wrecking products as usual.
    Yes.... Google often ****s up features... Look on custom launcher compatiblity since Android 10...till now the problem isnt solved

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    So out of "Optimize battery usage" or "Never sleeping apps" which is the better one to select?

You can only select one or the other but not both.
    Do not use power management, it's a cluster F.
    Android can take care of itself nicely if you correct the root causes for the excess battery usage.
    Simply closing out apps like Brave with task manager after you're done with it is sometimes all that's needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      go into deep sleeping apps, and put whatsapp in never sleep.
      I have done that and even turned off this feature completely for all apps. But this still has not solved my problem. any other ideas?

Clear cache and data from tge app, make backups
      It seems that it was data corruption during regular OTA. Factory reset seems to fix problems for me.