CloudFiles - with Dropbox, a DP Client for Windows Mobile - first beta available!

Search This thread

ephestione

Mar 23, 2008
Rome
www.ephestione.it
Unfortunately we have to disappoint you. Currently, the Dropbox API does not support automatic nor delta syncing, so its not possible to implement it at this time. This might change as the API is evolving.

dang! ;)
Well nevermind, like this your app doesn't offer much more functionaliy than what a browser connection does... but it's heaps easier, nicer and faster than using a browser! :D

Dumdidum

Feb 6, 2005
Thanks Pere, glad you like it!

Anyone who is interested in beta-testing, please send us an email to info(nospam)ruttensoft.com. Please do not post the download link anywhere, as Dropbox told us to to limit the beta test until May 5. After that, we will go public with the beta-test.

Dropbox itself will announce something new on May 4.

Dumdidum

Feb 6, 2005
Actually I do not know more (really :))
But I guess it will be the much-anticipated "Selective Sync" and "New Sharing Modell"...

carrot34

May 22, 2007
This works great and looks great!!! Thank you!

I'm still really wishing for something that will sync directories with the cloud. I love that CloudFiles can download entire directories (including subdirectories!). I wish it would then check occasionally to see if if there had been changes to each downloaded directory -- either on the server side or on the device side -- and then (perhaps with a prompt or warning first?) upload or download updated files to keep everything in sync.

Yeah, that's a lot of coding, I know. But I don't think there is yet a good tool out there to do that for any phone platform, is there? (Windows Live Mesh does it, but it's buggy, slow, and not being developed anymore.)

Thanks for developing this!

Pere

Oct 25, 2006
Palau (Barcelona) Spain
Camera doesn't work on Toshiba TG01

I can't use camera with this app:

See the screen:

Copied on your web but I can't upload pictures there:confused:

Attachments

• pc_capture1.jpg
    pc_capture1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 19

Dumdidum

Feb 6, 2005
Thanks . That's a weird error message (its not from us, but form Microsoft :))
I'll setup a small test app, it might be that there is a bug in the Compact Framework and your device. Will email the app tomorrow or so.

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
First impression of beta is really good!

I will write back after continue testing it.

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
After some tests I think that it is working good most of the time.

The only problem I had, was when I was setting up my preferences: the display was not refreshing after closing 'Share Settings' and the same for 'Bit.ly Settings'. After going back to main screen and retturning to settings screen, the display was refreshing OK.
But after doing that twise, I had a crash.

Next time I opened settings, everything was working OK.

Another thing I didn't understand, was the 'Share folder (30 day link)...' in the second tab.
When I select it, it does nothing (after a while white screen), or it displays an error message.

:)

Dumdidum

Feb 6, 2005
Hi Jolas, thanks for testing!
After some tests I think that it is working good most of the time.
The only problem I had, was when I was setting up my preferences: the display was not refreshing after closing 'Share Settings' and the same for 'Bit.ly Settings'. After going back to main screen and retturning to settings screen, the display was refreshing OK.
But after doing that twise, I had a crash.
Next time I opened settings, everything was working OK.
How exactly did it not refresh. What did you see after closing the Share and Bit.ly-Settings? Did it still show the Settings-Menu?
Another thing I didn't understand, was the 'Share folder (30 day link)...' in the second tab.
When I select it, it does nothing (after a while white screen), or it displays an error message.
:)
Did you try to share the root folder, or was it a subfolder? Root is not possible (in the next beta, it's removed).

Thanks, I hope we'll get it fixed after your responses.