CM 10.1 Improved 07/07 build

bleached

Feb 9, 2013
Today I will probably upload a new version, with stagefright patches applied.
Both jena and jenad.
I cannot test it as I don't have the phone, but it should work fine, as I didn't change anything else.

Edit: Build is up. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: nefescalanadam

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
At first a big thanks to bleached for his excellent work! :good:

Question, can I use any more recent ClockworkMod like v6.0.5.1 with this newest CM 10.1 release here? I want to try also midzan21's latest CM11 release, so I have to install a newer ClockworkMod build (which should fix that damn "internal mounting issue").

What's the exact install order? Is it necessary to unlock & root the phone first? Sometimes rooting is included while installing CWM. (This seems to be different from phone to phone.)

1) unlock the phone
2) root the phone
3) install CWM (v6.0.5.1)
4) install CM 10.1 or CM11
5) install the right GApps package

meganukebmp

Feb 20, 2013
Sofia
At first a big thanks to bleached for his excellent work! :good:

Question, can I use any more recent ClockworkMod like v6.0.5.1 with this newest CM 10.1 release here? I want to try also midzan21's latest CM11 release, so I have to install a newer ClockworkMod build (which should fix that damn "internal mounting issue").

What's the exact install order? Is it necessary to unlock & root the phone first? Sometimes rooting is included while installing CWM. (This seems to be different from phone to phone.)

1) unlock the phone
2) root the phone
3) install CWM (v6.0.5.1)
4) install CM 10.1 or CM11
5) install the right GApps package
Rooting the device isn't necessary. You just need to install an older version of CWM in order to update to 6.0.5.1. Updating is done through CWM itself so you need to have some version installed. As for CM11, you should be able to install it on all versions of CWM after 6.0.4.7.

Exact steps are:

1) flash older CWM using odin
2) update CWM using CWM
3) install CM
4 install GAPPS

Reactions: lorn10

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
Last edited:

meganukebmp

Feb 20, 2013
Sofia
Thanks meganukebmp for this detailed answer.

Ok, I understand. I should first install CWM v6.0.4.7 and then update it to CWM v6.0.5.1. So, it is not a good idea to install v6.0.5.1 directly. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-mini/mini-2-dev/cwm-6-0-5-1-galaxy-mini-2-s6500-t3201861)

Well, if you say that CM11 has bad performance, CM10.1 works with CWM v6.0.4.7, right? So, I only need CWM v6.0.5.1 when I want to try CM11...
Yes that is correct. CM11 has pretty bad in-app performance. Apps that I used on CM10.1 worked very badly on CM11. That is if you just want to make calls on it, set up alarms and that normal user stuff go for it. But if you are looking for a reliable, stable, good on performance ROM its the CM10.1 07/07 build. The thing is very well made, and if you are being put off by the looks you might want to check out these:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steel89ita.android44
With them and maybe some Xposed modules you can make it look and behave just like KitKat while keeping the same performance.
PM me if you have any problems or questions.

EDIT: Whait sorry. Didn't know that CWM existed as an ODIN package. If it is an ODIN package you have no problems installing it on any ROM at any time. Go for it since it seems to fix the internal partition bug.

Last edited:

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
... EDIT: Whait sorry. Didn't know that CWM existed as an ODIN package. If it is an ODIN package you have no problems installing it on any ROM at any time. Go for it since it seems to fix the internal partition bug.
I hope that's my last question before I start. ;) Well, - I cannot use ODIN because all these CWM files here are zip files. Odin needs a tar package if I remember me correctly. (That was the case when I updated my Galaxy Tab P1000.)

Therefore I need to install this CWM v6.0.5.1 from stock ROM recovery, - right? I think there is an option there like "install from zip" or so.

And yes, sorry for this off-topic post. :(

meganukebmp

Feb 20, 2013
Sofia
I hope that's my last question before I start. ;) Well, - I cannot use ODIN because all these CWM files here are zip files. Odin needs a tar package if I remember me correctly. (That was the case when I updated my Galaxy Tab P1000.)

Therefore I need to install this CWM v6.0.5.1 from stock ROM recovery, - right? I think there is an option there like "install from zip" or so.

And yes, sorry for this off-topic post. :(
Check if the tar or md5 file is in the zip. If not you will need to install the zip through CWM. Sadly CWM 6.0.4.5 is hosted at goo.im and the link is dead. I will try to dig it up if I have it on my HD, but most likely not. Don't do anything yet.

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
Check if the tar or md5 file is in the zip. If not you will need to install the zip through CWM. Sadly CWM 6.0.4.5 is hosted at goo.im and the link is dead. I will try to dig it up if I have it on my HD, but most likely not. Don't do anything yet.
Many thanks for your efforts meganukebmp! :good:

Well, I have done it :), latest CM 10.1 07/07 build really runs PERFECTLY with CWM v6.0.5.1 on my S6500! Many thanks again to bleached for this great work on CM10.1 and to simokb1996 for CWM v6.0.5.1.

It is as you said meganukebmp, great performance, stable, NFC enabled, 200% better then original stock 2.3.6 ROM! :D

My steps were:

0) Unlock the phone (yes not needed, but after CM install you cannot make this any longer)
1) flash CWM v6.0.3.3-b2 with ODIN
2) disable verification check in CWM v6.0.3.3-b2 and install (upgrade to) CWM v6.0.5.1
3) clear old stuff with "wipe data/factory reset"
4) Install latest CM 10.1 07/07 build and the corresponding GApps (like in my case this was from external micro SD card sdcard1)

The CWM install and update process is currently really "gorky" (suboptimal). Will post these informations at the other thread...

Only problem was that at first boot up, Google+ was crashing. So I make a reinstall of the GApps package in CWM and since then everything works fine.

Unfortunately my first CM11 M12 install attempt has ended shorty at the beginning of the installation. This resulted in a strange endless boot loop. :mad: Well, was able to enter CWM v6.0.5.1, wipe again everything out and then I changed quickly to this CM 10.1 build here. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Regina Rainbow

meganukebmp

Feb 20, 2013
Sofia
Many thanks for your efforts meganukebmp! :good:

Well, I have done it :), latest CM 10.1 07/07 build really runs PERFECTLY with CWM v6.0.5.1 on my S6500! Many thanks again to bleached for this great work on CM10.1 and to simokb1996 for CWM v6.0.5.1.

It is as you said meganukebmp, great performance, stable, NFC enabled, 200% better then original stock 2.3.6 ROM! :D

My steps were:

0) Unlock the phone (yes not needed, but after CM install you cannot make this any longer)
1) flash CWM v6.0.3.3-b2 with ODIN
2) disable verification check in CWM v6.0.3.3-b2 and install (upgrade to) CWM v6.0.5.1
3) clear old stuff with "wipe data/factory reset"
4) Install latest CM 10.1 07/07 build and the corresponding GApps (like in my case this was from external micro SD card sdcard1)

The CWM install and update process is currently really "gorky" (suboptimal). Will post these informations at the other thread...

Only problem was that at first boot up, Google+ was crashing. So I make a reinstall of the GApps package in CWM and since then everything works fine.

Unfortunately my first CM11 M12 install attempt has ended shorty at the beginning of the installation. This resulted in a strange endless boot loop. :mad: Well, was able to enter CWM v6.0.5.1, wipe again everything out and then I changed quickly to this CM 10.1 build here. :)
Glad to hear that :)
As I said CM 10.1 is the only ROM that has good performance for this device, other than stock ROM modifications. But who wants to stay on 2.3.7 anyways? 4.2.2 is the best this device can handle before starting to struggle. About G+, honestly I always just remove it from /system/app and reboot. I never use that app anyways.
A few tips that have made my usage of the device more enjoyable:

1. Youtube videos run better through the browser. The app seems to cause framerate lag.
2. Very large html5 gif files don't load in browser.
3. While in call the person on the other side can't hear you if you are using a headset. Doesnt seem to find the mic.
4. Clear cache from storage>cached files>yes. Lots of cache builds in a week of heavy usage. Really depends on the user and his apps though.

Anyways, have fun testing mods around. Might want to check out Xposed.

khal_nayak

May 27, 2006
Sharjah
i would like to flash this but need some info, do i need to repartition if coming from the stock oem firmware, is battery life same or any better than the stock firmware coz i dont want it to go worse and lastly the phone not going in sleep when bluetooth on, is this fixable and does the stock rom also suffer this?

malimba1

Apr 18, 2015
Good job guys, everything works well :)

Updated: I've met the problem with battery. It's discharging 2 times faster than with other system (CM 10.1 based) so I think that there is some problem in this rom.

Last edited: