CM 10.1 Improved 07/07 build

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
Good job guys, everything works well :)

Updated: I've met the problem with battery. It's discharging 2 times faster than with other system (CM 10.1 based) so I think that there is some problem in this rom.
Hi malimba1,

Well, you have to disable Bluetooth / NFC and the phone will run longer then with stock ROM. I only enable these features when I really need them. And for me that's not really often. ;)

fra47

Feb 2, 2016
Hi guys, I'm new in Xda forum. I have a question. Is this the last STABLE Cyanogenmod available? (I know that there is the 11 but it still has too many bugs). Do you suggest me this mod for daily use?
Thank You so much

midzan21

Aug 4, 2011
Zagreb
idzan.eu
Hi guys, I'm new in Xda forum. I have a question. Is this the last STABLE Cyanogenmod available? (I know that there is the 11 but it still has too many bugs). Do you suggest me this mod for daily use?
Thank You so much
This is most stable custom ROM based on Android 4.x versions of OS... If you really want to be on fully stable OS, stay on stock ROM (I know it is based on 2.3 Gingerbread, but it still works with web based apps for Facebook and Gmail)

Reactions: fra47

Barojax

Jan 1, 2016
Madrid
daily use

Thank You so much
I have tested some many roms and I think the best for daily use (in my opinion) is Void Rom based on cyanogen 7.2, roms based on 10 usually goes too slow cause device hardware.

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
I agree, - bleached's CM 10.1 Improved 07/07 build is at the moment the best CyanogenMod version for the Galaxy Mini II phone. :good:

However, - regarding CM11, it seems that there is arising finally a stable & quite fast version developed by simokb1996. Ok, this is true only for S6500 (with NFC) Galaxy Mini II users.

One bad thing is currently the weak web browsing performance., - this issue affects also all other CM11 build's. However, that problem is caused by Google's switch in KitKat 4.4 to the Chromium based WebView rendering engine. On low performance devices, like the Galaxy Mini II, that more recent rendering engine seems to be too "heavy". As a consequence of this, the developer simokb1996 has announced that he will try to make a CM11 build which contains former WebKit based WebView rendering engine. That one is far less resource hungry and should run the same or equal like WebView in bleached's CM 10.1 build.

Will test simokb1996's CM11 build the next weeks... ;)

qubit

Oct 14, 2008
Almost everything went well with the installation, battery life is very g00d for me (nfc version) But I did read the bold and coloured on page1, did a reboot after first setup!
The 'only' problem I have is with the sd card. When transferring files from pc/phone to sd card, it takes to long, and then files appear not only on sd card but also i see them in the recycle bin of pc?
I get around it when torrenting to download to the phone's memory instead of sd card, but i would like to fix this.

I did make the mistake by installing CWM 6.0.5.1 instead of flashing it,
And i did not format the sd card before installing, dont know if any got to do with the problem.

meganukebmp

Feb 20, 2013
Sofia
Almost everything went well with the installation, battery life is very g00d for me (nfc version) But I did read the bold and coloured on page1, did a reboot after first setup!
The 'only' problem I have is with the sd card. When transferring files from pc/phone to sd card, it takes to long, and then files appear not only on sd card but also i see them in the recycle bin of pc?
I get around it when torrenting to download to the phone's memory instead of sd card, but i would like to fix this.

I did make the mistake by installing CWM 6.0.5.1 instead of flashing it,
And i did not format the sd card before installing, dont know if any got to do with the problem.
When transfering via USB don't use MTP. The standard mass storage protocol works best.

qubit

Oct 14, 2008
kud0s, that fixed the problem.. Thanks alot, didn't know about that option.
Though i wondered why the pop-up screen didn't show up when connecting to the pc..

For anyone doubting to install this build, don't doubt it, it's really a good ROM..

Big and many thanks to all involveD

Regina Rainbow

Nov 1, 2015
Many thanks for your efforts meganukebmp! :good:
[...]
My steps were:
0) Unlock the phone (yes not needed, but after CM install you cannot make this any longer)
1) flash CWM v6.0.3.3-b2 with ODIN
2) disable verification check in CWM v6.0.3.3-b2 and install (upgrade to) CWM v6.0.5.1
3) clear old stuff with "wipe data/factory reset"
4) Install latest CM 10.1 07/07 build and the corresponding GApps (like in my case this was from external micro SD card sdcard1)
[...]
Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for all your very useful posts concerning the adventures of flashing the Galaxy Mini 2. Seems like we started to tinker with our Devices around the same time, having about the same problems (especially but not only fighting with cwm and odin). Documenting your experiences in this and some of the other xda threads was extremely helpful for me.

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for all your very useful posts concerning the adventures of flashing the Galaxy Mini 2. .. .
Hi there Regina Rainbow. :)
Great that these steps described here has helped you. Yes, it seems that we started to customize our Galaxy Mini 2 around the same time. ;)

Thanks to simokb1996 installing CM10.1 or CM11 is now even easier!! It is now possible to flash newest CWM 6.0.5.1 directly with Odin. So only three needed steps remain.

0) Unlock the phone (not really needed, but after CM install you cannot make this any longer)
1) flash CWM-6.0.5.1-vX-jena directly with ODIN
2) clear old stuff with "wipe data/factory reset"
3) install latest CM10.1 or CM11 build and the corresponding GApps (from external micro SD card sdcard1)

fra47

Feb 2, 2016
Anyone know a tweak to calibrate the touchscreen of the samsung galaxy mini?
I have replaced the touchscreen of the phone but now it's not accurate

chorknabe1

Nov 28, 2012
I had to replace broken touchscreen or better display glas (digitizer) of my S2mini twice. And needed no calibration. Maybe it's new but broken? You could ask the vendor for sending a new one. [emoji56]

Last edited:

thesepix

Apr 7, 2016
thanks for creating this rom! i`ve used it before but reflashed my device yesterday because i wanted to get rid of gapps again.
now i`m encountering a weird bug where the cLock widget doesn`t recognize my location. neither automatically nor manually.
the error in the system settings /clock widget when i try to enter my location manually is "can`t retrieve location".
it`s not a big hassle though i`m wondering if anyone else stumbled across this and maybe found a solution?
as said i`ve used this rom before and never encountered this problem.
thx!

Reactions: whiperhack

meganukebmp

Feb 20, 2013
Sofia
Whenever I watch pictures in the gallery or in the file browser, phone does a soft reboot. :( This can be fixed??
This is not a problem with the ROM. This problem is directly related to your pictures and/or SDCard. Had this happen on a few devices. Basically the SDCard is slowly breaking and corrupting data.

Reactions: NovaBear