CM 10.1 Improved 07/07 build

galaxyuser23

Jul 27, 2016
I flashed my Samsung GT-S6500 with this rom and it works good but my battery going down faster then in stock rom and only stay for one day. Whats the problem?

Last edited:

S3rgi0

Sep 20, 2015
I have problems with whatsapp thumbnails images, it doesnt show good in his gallery, however the CM gallery it show all pictures (incluided whatapp's images) well.
anyone has the same issue?

wpee

Jan 4, 2017
Battery load percentage

Hi,
This is a great version for my phone. Battery life is fine.
One question, while charging the phone I can only see a green battery, is there a way to view the load with a percentage on the screen?

Gr wim

xEmre66

Apr 23, 2016
Vienna
Hi,
This is a great version for my phone. Battery life is fine.
One question, while charging the phone I can only see a green battery, is there a way to view the load with a percentage on the screen?

Gr wim
Go ahead to the Settings and press System in the UI Interface menu (under WLAN, Bluetooth, Mobile Data etc.). There you need to press Status bar and then you'll see battery percentage. Press it and select "next to icon".
Hooe it helped you.!

wpee

Jan 4, 2017
Go ahead to the Settings and press System in the UI Interface menu (under WLAN, Bluetooth, Mobile Data etc.). There you need to press Status bar and then you'll see battery percentage. Press it and select "next to icon".
Hooe it helped you.!
Hi,
I have following choices (translated from dutch): pictogram, percentage, circel, circel with percentage,hidden.
I have set it to percentage, and I see the battery icon with percentage in it, that's oke.
When I
I power off the phone completely and plug in the charger I see only a large battery icon, is there a setting to have there percentage also on this charge screen?

Greetings Wim

akatarmo

Aug 20, 2009
Auto Start when charger is plugged in

Hi, friends. I need my S6500 to boot when the charger is plugged in. In this cm-10.1-20130707-UNOFFICIAL-jena version made by TheWhisp (It's a bit old, it did not work tethering and in later versions the playlpm file disappears) I could modify this playlpm file that is in /system/bin, this way:

#!/system/bin/sh
/system/bin/reboot

And then, when the charger was plugged in, the phone power on itself. In this version cm-10.1-20150902-UNOFFICIAL-jena.zip (by bleached), the playlpm file exists. I made the same modification in this file but, however, the phone does not turn on. Could someone tell me how to get it ?.

Thanks, greetings to all... and sorry for my bad english, isn't my native language.

P.S. I have unpacked the boot.img, I have made some changes in several .rc files and I have flashed again, but without luck. The phone does not start when I plug the charger.

Last edited:

stefan_city

Apr 4, 2011
I want to use the device only for GPS.
I saw at first post that GPS working, but i want it super stable. Anyone use it to inform me?

Also, Jena is for S6500 and Jenad for S6500D?

Thanks.

sent from nexus 6

xEmre66

Apr 23, 2016
Vienna
No, you can't get it if the phone is powered off. @wpee

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

I saw at first post that GPS working, but i want it super stable. Anyone use it to inform me?

Also, Jena is for S6500 and Jenad for S6500D?

Thanks.

sent from nexus 6
GPS is working but it will not be fully stable.
Because of....
1. low amount of RAM,
2. Single core 800Mhz Processor (I know it's overclockable but it'll not help.)
3. The device has a small screen (some things will not fit in).

And also, S6500 is jena. S6500D (non-NFC) is jenad.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Auto Start when charger is plugged in

Hi, friends. I need my S6500 to boot when the charger is plugged in. In this cm-10.1-20130707-UNOFFICIAL-jena version made by TheWhisp (It's a bit old, it did not work tethering and in later versions the playlpm file disappears) I could modify this playlpm file that is in /system/bin, this way:

#!/system/bin/sh
/system/bin/reboot

And then, when the charger was plugged in, the phone power on itself. In this version cm-10.1-20150902-UNOFFICIAL-jena.zip (by bleached), the playlpm file exists. I made the same modification in this file but, however, the phone does not turn on. Could someone tell me how to get it ?.

Thanks, greetings to all... and sorry for my bad english, isn't my native language.

P.S. I have unpacked the boot.img, I have made some changes in several .rc files and I have flashed again, but without luck. The phone does not start when I plug the charger.
This mod will not work anymore as offline charging is fixed on this build by @bleached

akatarmo

Aug 20, 2009
I am just using this old model as an anti-theft system. The phone is hidden and equipped with a cheap SIM. Every x time, it transmits (using Tasker) the car's GPS position to a .gpx file on a server in the cloud. With the Google Maps API. I can see exactly where my car is and also I can do a route tracking.

The S6500D does the job perfectly. Yes, the position of the GPS is very accurate and the system, in general, works fluidly for the purpose I have explained before. But, as it says @xEmre66, maybe it is not very powerful to use with GPS navigation software.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

This mod will not work anymore as offline charging is fixed on this build by @bleached
Thanks for your reply, @xEmre66

Okay, but when the phone is powered off and I plug in the charger, then I can see a battery animation. This animation was before the /system/bin/playlpm file. So... where is that file now and what is it called?

Reactions: stefan_city

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
I am just using this old model as an anti-theft system. The phone is hidden and equipped with a cheap SIM. Every x time, it transmits (using Tasker) the car's GPS position to a .gpx file on a server in the cloud. With the Google Maps API. I can see exactly where my car is and also I can do a route tracking.

The S6500D does the job perfectly. Yes, the position of the GPS is very accurate and the system, in general, works fluidly for the purpose I have explained before. But, as it says @xEmre66, maybe it is not very powerful to use with GPS navigation software.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Thanks for your reply, @xEmre66

Okay, but when the phone is powered off and I plug in the charger, then I can see a battery animation. This animation was before the /system/bin/playlpm file. So... where is that file now and what is it called?
the file name is lpm.rc and i think it is in kernel not on system

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone