• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CM 13 for LEX720 is here!

Search This thread

unif3d3

Sep 19, 2010
Pove del Grappa
YES! It's finally happening :victory:

The first build has been published on the renowned chinese forum and (as far as google translate says) it seems to be quite usable! The only problems I could understand it has are: unstable LTE, IR blaster not working and CDLA headphones not working.

More details here: http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-715697-1-1.html

Last edited:

Joms_US

Mar 25, 2016

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161127-071154.jpg
    Screenshot_20161127-071154.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,656
Reactions: Gynlemon

Gynlemon

Jul 31, 2008
"I am the master of the sofa decisively support the landlord!"
=D

Hello and thanks for Cyanogean 13 of Le Pro 3, I installed the Gapps, HERE , everything runs smoothly and correctly, there are some Chinese applications .. you can create your own thread for OP to have a reference? Thank you.. :good::good:

Last edited:

GerWonder

Jul 17, 2008
Works realy great for me. Best day for all pro 3 users, now we have cm guys. Yeah!!

I removed all chinese apps with titanium, no problems...

DrTorretz1

Nov 27, 2016
Hello!

Works realy great for me. Best day for all pro 3 users, now we have cm guys. Yeah!!

I removed all chinese apps with titanium, no problems...

hello guys. ive been stalking these forums for days now as my chinese leeco pro 3 x720 is well on its way to my home! i realy realy hope that everything in cm works, ive had problems with wifi and lte on some roms but thats for a whole other phone, i love cm and when i heard the news this soon i thought you all was trolling me! annyone tryed it on the 6gb ram/64gb version of the le pro 3? allso please post some screens! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YES! It's finally happening :victory:

The first build has been published on the renowned chinese forum and (as far as google translate says) it seems to be quite usable! The only problems I could understand it has are: unstable LTE, IR blaster not working and CDLA headphones not working.

More details here: http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-715697-1-1.html
    Is this really the case? I thought that it was determined that the baseband was the same for CN and US? I do believe that the version number is the same. We don't have b12 here so I can't test.

Cheers...

It's true. I was using the stick Chinese Rom at work and was getting only band 4. @dr4stic had given me a modem img effected from the US ota update. After I flashed that modem I got band 12 as well. I don't know all the contents of a baseband, but I do know from experience the modem img made the difference.
    I keep a copy of that modem on hand to keep me out of trouble when I flash various Roms. I also have a full Rom of CN to US that I keep on hand to fully recover from big ooopses.

I'm going to put together a set of instructions & links for this phone (with proper credits of course) so everybody can enjoy experimenting and getting back to stock if need be.
    Any way to get the IR blaster working? One of the few things stopping me from giving this a go.

Hi! I'm not running CM yet, but I've done lots of debugging of the IR blaster. Maybe this can get the IR blaster working also on CM:

First some preconditions:
    • Check if the running kernel provides the serial device file: /dev/ttyHSL1 (just check as root if this file exists)
    • Check if the kernel includes the ir_maxq616.c driver by checking if the following sysfile exists: /sys/remote/enable
    If these preconditions are not met then I cannot do anything, the ROM creator would need to include this features in the kernel.

But if they are met you could try to install the system app "UEI Android Services SDK(LeTV)" from an EUI stock ROM (to be found in /system/app/UEIQuicksetSDKLeTV/UEIQuicksetSDKLeTV.apk). It has to be installed as system app (not as normal user app). I also cannot guarantee that it will work on CM (and I am not running CM so I cannot test it).

And after that, finally, install my Xposed module "LeEco Infrared Fix" and test if Infrared is working then with 3rd party Infrared apps like RCoid.

I attached the UEIQuicksetSDKLeTV.apk from my phone running 018S to this posting.

[edit1]
    P.S.: If this works then the more beautiful solution would be to include my Xposed hacks directly into the ConsumerIR source code of CM. Then my Xposed module would not be needed. But we still would need the (closed-source 3rd-party) app "UEI Android Services SDK(LeTV)" as it provides the API to communicate with the IR blaster chip.
    [/edit1]
    The thing about free ram is that it's not necessarily good on Android per se. It intentionally keeps apps open until it gets to full so that they can be relaunched instantly or very quickly. That's why there's lots of sites that recommend AGAINST ram cleaners. I suppose it all depends what you want out of it though. If you keep many apps open and are getting redraws then you probably do want more free ram. I use my Amazon driver app (very hungry app too), google maps (doing turn by turn in background), Voxer to talk to co-workers, netflix and maybe my messaging app or FB via browser open and it all still stays open and butter smooth. So it can for sure do all of that at least! :D

Sent from my LEX720 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Hi Banjmiester,

Being an Android developer, I agree with you and advice against usage of ram cleaners as well. However, we cannot justify system using 2gb of ram when no app is open and only OS is running.

Ideally when you boot up the phone, it should have only a few hundred up to a GB of ram taken up by OS and some startup apps. We should be able to see 3gb or so free ram on a fresh boot up, which is not the case.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk