CM 7/9/10 Dev discussion

Search This thread

theschneidi

Jun 26, 2012
I have it... He had sent it to me also. I'll test it out.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 using xda premium .

CM10.1 by meswar:

+ looks nice with the Trebuchet 1.0 launcher
+ camcorder records videos (but no playback :( )
+ Nice Camera/Camcoder app
+ Bluetooth works, but with errors

- bluetooth reboots the phone, when switching on->off
- no videos can be played (Error message)

not tested: WiFi, GPS

Reactions: taimur272

Darkorn

Sep 22, 2012
CM10.1 by meswar:

+ looks nice with the Trebuchet 1.0 launcher
+ camcorder records videos (but no playback :( )
+ Nice Camera/Camcoder app
+ Bluetooth works, but with errors

- bluetooth reboots the phone, when switching on->off
- no videos can be played (Error message)

not tested: WiFi, GPS

Does GApps works?

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
Anything new? And do we need a Linux 3.0.x kernel? I am doing some stuff for that.... If anyone has made any new builds post them here.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 using xda premium .

theschneidi

Jun 26, 2012
Nothing new in development. But I am interested in Kernel 3.x development. Maybe some useful things from Wildfire S could help to build our own kernel.

But I think that the first goal should be that nearly all things need to work on 2.6.x kernel.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using xda app-developers app

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
But instead of spending time on 10.2 I think we can work on 10.1 and then later when android kitkat is released we can do for that. Personally I don't find any sense in developing 10.2 and stabilizing it because in no time it will become obsolete.
In the meantime let us do FireFox OS. It looks promising to me.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

theschneidi

Jun 26, 2012
But instead of spending time on 10.2 I think we can work on 10.1 and then later when android kitkat is released we can do for that. Personally I don't find any sense in developing 10.2 and stabilizing it because in no time it will become obsolete.
In the meantime let us do FireFox OS. It looks promising to me.

Firefox OS works on a device which has nearly same specs ( CPU 1GHz, RAM 512MB, Data 160MB ) like Salsa.

Ok I will set up a new build environment for 10.1 on my other PC.

Reactions: vigoos

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
Firefox OS works on a device which has nearly same specs ( CPU 1GHz, RAM 512MB, Data 160MB ) like Salsa.

Ok I will set up a new build environment for 10.1 on my other PC.

FireFox worked on HTC Explorer. So I see no way it won't work on salsa.
My CM10.1 git is going to be repaired in some time. I forgot to remove some files from it. My git has got experimental front camera support. So it might just luckily work for us.

Reactions: theschneidi

crest_delta

Feb 18, 2007
Mumbai
Firefox OS seems a good idea . Frankly I am not too keen on the Android KitKat .I feel we have more issues to address like the Camera GPS and Battery issues , not working on older ROMs ( JB ) as i feel its half-baked.I remember using windows phone updated to WM 6.1 on my older O2 device and it was perfect

I totally agree that only demanding things wont work anymore given the limited ppl developing and working on this device and hence I urge everyone using the Salsa should volunter in what ever ways they can .I am not a engineer , but i can always help to test newly developed ROMS

Cheers to all !!

Reactions: vigoos

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
Firefox OS seems a good idea . Frankly I am not too keen on the Android KitKat .I feel we have more issues to address like the Camera GPS and Battery issues , not working on older ROMs ( JB ) as i feel its half-baked.I remember using windows phone updated to WM 6.1 on my older O2 device and it was perfect

I totally agree that only demanding things wont work anymore given the limited ppl developing and working on this device and hence I urge everyone using the Salsa should volunter in what ever ways they can .I am not a engineer , but i can always help to test newly developed ROMS

Cheers to all !!

I agree we need to stabilize jellybean ROM. And you have a valid point, we need to get features working. The problem is with not exactly half baked but with the fact that over experimenting with a build can lead to a mess. Come on, no one can fix front camera, WiFi tether and all other dysfunctional features in one go.
People only coming up with demands is totally unfair on their side because we have our own priorities and we are voluntarily developing here.
It does not need one to be an engineer to compile cm from source. With the resources we have like top class guides even a first grade kid can build cm, I'm not kidding, if you got let's say 2 hours a day and a good 2mbps unlimited internet and a PC with decent or good specs you can easily compile. I got problems with my ISP and I'm upgrading soon to simply go ahead and transform this device. After which I will bid it a well deserved bye bye. Don't worry I'll still develop after that, I'll need testers and that's it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 2: You won't get a stable build from here, just treat this as a massive development thread now. Feel free to continue your great work.

Update: I have successfully built CyanogenMod 10 for you guys. I don't know if it'll boot or not, so please provide the logcat (adb logcat) and dmesg (adb shell dmesg)

You can download UNTESTED, EXPERIMENTAL builds here:

goo.im/devs/benjamingwynn/icong/CyanogenMod10

Original post: Feel free to discuss your thoughts on developing this for this device here, I don't have this device but I did say to BigBearEvo that I'll help him if I can. I will compile this ROM from source code.

I need help with this as I don't own the device (as I just said) but will make at least one build for it. I can't even promise this'll boot.

IF YOU WANT TO HELP MORE THEN PLEASE GATHER INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DEVICE - TOUCHSCREEN TYPE, ETC IS HELPFUL. TELLING ME ITS A CERTAIN COLOUR ISNT!​

Hope I'll get you folks a booting port soon.
    - Benjamin
    I'll do some more work on it tomorrow or saturday.
    OK nps will have a look. I know its probably me but what kernel is this cm10 loaded with?

BigBearEvo is using Xparent tapatalk 2 ICS on CM7

HUGE IMPROVEMENT GUYS, I went from white screen to black screen lol. I switched boot.img with the one of htchacha, using Zimage of the schneidi rom of course.

edit: I DON'T BELIEVE IN MY EYES IT'S WORKING.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33680627/boot.img
    FLASH WITH THIS

edit2: it's slow, probably 3D driver don't works. But's it's a huge step forward.

edit3: logcat from boot to dashboard.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33680627/latest kernel/logcat.log

I/Adreno ( 91): ioctl code 0x40140931 (IOCTL_KGSL_TIMESTAMP_EVENT) failed: errno 22 Invalid argument
    E/libgenlock( 245): genlock_wait: GENLOCK_IOC_WAIT failed (err=Connection timed out)
    E/Adreno200-EGLSUB( 245): GetBackBuffer() genlock_wait failed
    E/Adreno200-ES20( 245): <gl2_surface_swap:41>: GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY
    E/Adreno200-EGL( 245): <qeglDrvAPI_eglSwapBuffers:3345>: EGL_BAD_ALLOC
    E/Adreno200-ES11( 245): <qglDrvAPI_glTexImage2D:1913>: GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY
    W/WVMExtractor( 94): Failed to open libwvm.so
    E/HAL ( 94): Cannot load library: link_image[1916]: 94 could not load needed library 'libcamera.so' for 'camera.msm7x27.so' (reloc_library[1331]: 94 cannot locate '_debug_pthread_create'...
    Adreno has some problems and libwvm.so is missing.
    edit4: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24202792
    checkout this thread.
    edit5: theschneidi, bigbearevo any idea?
    Benjamin how do you solved in your rom?
    Anything we get is based on a port really, Ben has managed to get this lot running, mainly due to his other cm10 rom on his wildfire s, in theory what works for our sister phone will work for us. But we are attacking this rom set from all angles lol and will continue to till we suceed! :D

BigBear is using Xparent Tapatalk Purple
    Marvel repo is fixed. I'll start working on recreating the icong repos soon :)

Sent from my Wildfire S using xda app-developers app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone