CM Rom for S III mini Value Edition GT-I8200

Search This thread

Naiem09

Dec 28, 2014
Please fix it :)

So when will it be fixed? I really want a CM rom on my S3 Mini VE GT-I8200N!! Please fix it:) You don't know how happy I would be it wouldn't be explainable! IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED IF YOU FIX IT!!:)

Reactions: xda tuerkrom

agameraaron

Nov 16, 2016
It... doesn't work? I can't install cm 10.1 or 11 because when loading it loops by restarting? So I should not follow the original posts instructions & I should avoid installing either OS? I just got this phone to replace my main one, it would be great if I could use it as such because it's packed with bloat.

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Dumping ROM to start porting
using 4.2.2 from SM-T210R just for testing proposes if it work (even with bugs) I'll try to port 4.4.2 then CM 11 (or 12)

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

@SolarPlexus, can u try to port (or even FORK) SM-T210R ( lt02wifi ) kernel [ https://www.androiddevice.info/submissions/988 ]
3.4.5-blackhawk+, 3.4.5-2364900 ( or http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...kernel-werewolf-kernel-v001-sm-t210r-t2820573 ) to i8200 ?

@adryyy, just ported our rom to T110 http://forum.xda-developers.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=3139478
maybe we can give his help

(sorry for my english, I'm not fluent yet)

The link to @adryyy thread goes nowhere for me. Was going to test on my t110. Thank you anyways. Hopefully we will get a working build for our tablet.

KAGE-008

Oct 14, 2014
CR Central Valley
It... doesn't work? I can't install cm 10.1 or 11 because when loading it loops by restarting? So I should not follow the original posts instructions & I should avoid installing either OS? I just got this phone to replace my main one, it would be great if I could use it as such because it's packed with bloat.

You should've researched more. Can't you just sell it and get something else with a Snapdragon SoC? Had to sell my I8200L due to no development.

Last edited:

xEmre66

Apr 23, 2016
Vienna
When the ROM isn't flashing, most likely the problem is in the kernel (initrd/fstab.pxa988) and the updater-script. Rename the set_perm lines to set_metadata and then try to flash it. But as I said, you guys need an kernel specially for this phone and not a ported kernel. Can somebody provide me some device tree ,kernel and vendor trees? I could start building CM11 from pure source, but I don't think everything will work as expected.

PS: I don't have the phone so anyone must test it.

Regards,
xEmre66

adremides

Oct 21, 2015
Can somebody provide me some device tree ,kernel and vendor trees? I could start building CM11 from pure source, but I don't think everything will work as expected.
What is "device, kernel, vendor tree"? Can it be obtained from the phone itself? I think I downloaded the source for this phone once... can it be obtained from there? I can search for it.
PS: I don't have the phone so anyone must test it.
I have i8200l, think I can test on it.

kihope12

Sep 2, 2015
České Budějovice
When i read it i dont know what i shoud mind :D, i just want flash customn rom to one of old phones, but this thread...

- You cant use kernel what is for stock rom, stock rom is 4.2.2 and cm11 is 4.4.4, So you should trry port cm10 first. beacuse you can propably use this kernel
- And about your porting method, it will works only if you will port it from device what have same CPU.

Good luck to your new projects :)

xEmre66

Apr 23, 2016
Vienna
When i read it i dont know what i shoud mind :D, i just want flash customn rom to one of old phones, but this thread...

- You cant use kernel what is for stock rom, stock rom is 4.2.2 and cm11 is 4.4.4, So you should trry port cm10 first. beacuse you can propably use this kernel
- And about your porting method, it will works only if you will port it from device what have same CPU.

Good luck to your new projects :)

Thanks for your efforts bro. Yeah you're actually right. But I don't wanna port ROMs.. I want build them from source but I have to get a working device tree for this. And I will port the kernel for sure. Take my thanks!

cloudmann

Apr 10, 2012
Add CyanogenMod for S3 mini VE GT-i8200N, i've been looking for a nougat or oreo rom to install on this device, please make a nougat or oreo rom, thanks! If you have any nougat or oreo roms for GT-i8200N, please DM me on twitter @J4ProGamer
Unfortunately, there are no custom ROMs for this device beyond modified stock ROMs. That being said, some of these modified ROMs are pretty nice. The i8200 isn't my daily driver anymore, but I'm still poking around with it. One particular ROM called Custom Nougat was developed somewhere in the Spanish speaking world and is a really, really convincing Nougat modification. Battery life is impeoved noticably and the phone just seems snappier. I've put it together in a single zip file, but I'm pretty new here on the XDA forums, so I need to make eight more posts before I can insert external links into my thread posts. When I've done that, I'll post it here.

cloudmann

Apr 10, 2012
Alright... I've got my first ten posts in, so I should be able to post an external link, now...

So, I put together a complete ZIP file with a modified stock ROM. I included everything you need to install it.

Disclaimers: this is your phone and I'm not responsible for what you do with it. I've done this process multiple times with tons of different ROMs, and if you follow the instructions from the included text file I authored, it should work perfectly. I'm not responsible for bricked phones, though I did include files to restore from a soft brick.

Also, I did not author this ROM image... it is a modified stock image (like everything else for the i8200) and is not REALLY Nougat or Lineage OS... it's just heavily skinned to look and act like it. That being said, battery life is noticably improved, speed is increased just a bit, and the ROM is stable.

After downloading, extract all files to a directory and then read my instructions... multiple times... make sure you have your mind wrapped around the process before you commit.

Anyway, the file is HUGE (1.25 GB) and the hosting is absolutely free and absolutely middling in download speeds, so give it some time to download... patience and virtues and whatnot. If this file goes without downloads for thirty days, it will self delete from the hosting server, so if you stumble across this thread at some point in the future and the link is dead, message me. I will EVENTUALLY get the PM and I'll update this thread with a new link once I get a chance to upload the file again.

I included the Custom Nougat ROM image, TWRP 2.7.2.0 for the i8200, a SuperSU ZIP file, Odin 3.07 (which I used), a newer Odin for those who prefer it, the needed Samsung driver install file, and a copy of Philz if you prefer that particular recovery. I also included a stock recovery image in case you have a soft brick occur. Also my detailed, step by step instructions in a text file.

Anyhow, here's the link:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/746451/S3-i8200 Custom ROM.zip

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts