• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CM10.1][10.09.2013] CM10.1 for Huawei Mediapad 7" [S7-30Xx] [not for Lite or 10 HD]

Search This thread

mmth

Sep 30, 2013
I guess the point of a developers board, is just that.
OK Lets have a check list.

1. have made a titanium backup to SD, or whichever fav. backup tool.
2. have copied or moved no. 1 to the PC
3. have the Official rooted release dload on the PC which corresponds to the current version installed on the tab
4. have downloaded all zips on page one
5. Follow the instructions on page one AFTER reading this whole thread and any specific threads for your s7-303u
I presume this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1850367
and device searched for S7-303u , 8 pages.
Good luck

OK start with 1

How do I make a titanium backup to SD
a) what is a titanium backup

baby steps

hillbillie

Nov 13, 2012
Are you sure about this?

OK start with 1

How do I make a titanium backup to SD
a) what is a titanium backup

baby steps

Hmmm, I do not wish to exaggerate , but are you sure you are here, and have understood the basics.
Have you read the threads that pertain to your model S7-303u
I presume you know what an External SDcard is. So backup:

Google Play. Search for Titanium Backup, download, install, run
Change backup location, create folder on Ex Sdcard, name it myback whatever, make full backup sys apps, user apps and data.
Copy folder to PC

Notwithstanding TWRP always gives point 3 " recover to stock", is an obvious choice, if it is your version

Check your version, in settings , then about.

Re-read all threads searching XDA for S7-303u and your version like : S7-303uV100R002C201B035

Still in doubt, do not upgrade until you have sufficient confidence that you understand the process, have an original install dload for your model, such as S7-303uV100R002C201B035, have a backup up and are familiar with the restore process. - or do not mind rebuilding all data, contact info ,pics etc from scratch using a combination of restore and adb , fastboot.

If you already have a dload for your version , send me a link, I´ll unpack it and find out what emergency steps you need if all fail, see prev. posts

However , due to the previous questions you have, I doo believe you should be familiar with basic adb commands and have at least had a look at what they could do, including fastboot:

This Ozzy thread may make you feel comfortable if you decide to go ahead.
http://www.androidnz.net/2012/09/at-your-own-risk-how-to-install-jelly.html
All clear, full of screen prints including the hands on way!!

Make a full backup in TWRP to your external SD before installing

Enjoy,

the babysitter!!!!! I am sure others never asked!

hillbillie

mmth

Sep 30, 2013
Hmmm, I do not wish to exaggerate , but are you sure you are here, and have understood the basics.
Have you read the threads that pertain to your model S7-303u
I presume you know what an External SDcard is. So backup:

Google Play. Search for Titanium Backup, download, install, run
Change backup location, create folder on Ex Sdcard, name it myback whatever, make full backup sys apps, user apps and data.
Copy folder to PC

Notwithstanding TWRP always gives point 3 " recover to stock", is an obvious choice, if it is your version

Check your version, in settings , then about.

Re-read all threads searching XDA for S7-303u and your version like : S7-303uV100R002C201B035

Still in doubt, do not upgrade until you have sufficient confidence that you understand the process, have an original install dload for your model, such as S7-303uV100R002C201B035, have a backup up and are familiar with the restore process. - or do not mind rebuilding all data, contact info ,pics etc from scratch using a combination of restore and adb , fastboot.

If you already have a dload for your version , send me a link, I´ll unpack it and find out what emergency steps you need if all fail, see prev. posts

However , due to the previous questions you have, I doo believe you should be familiar with basic adb commands and have at least had a look at what they could do, including fastboot:

This Ozzy thread may make you feel comfortable if you decide to go ahead.
http://www.androidnz.net/2012/09/at-your-own-risk-how-to-install-jelly.html
All clear, full of screen prints including the hands on way!!

Make a full backup in TWRP to your external SD before installing

Enjoy,

the babysitter!!!!! I am sure others never asked!

hillbillie

You went way too far; beyond the titanium explanation I needed.

OK, I found the reference to titanium backup. It seems I have to load it first on the tablet; that makes the tablet not stock anymore.

Can I make a backup of stock (without loading any apk or other firmware) from software on an SD card? NOT loaded on the tablet?

I had a very easy time backing up nook HD+ before loading CM10.1 on that tablet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317500

I am looking for the Springboard equivalent of:

Back up stock ROM & Install CM 10.1

. Make sure Nook is powered off.

. Partially pull out rubber flap to uncover micro-SD slot at Nook's bottom edge. Insert card into slot until it clicks into place. Restore flap.

. Power up Nook. Nook should boot from card with 'Cyanoboot' logo on-screen. If it boots into stock ROM, power off Nook, remove and reinsert the card, and try again. Some Nooks are finicky and have trouble booting, so try several times. If it still fails, try with a different SD card.

. Once the CWM text menu appears, use volume buttons to move cursor bar, Nook 'n' button to select, and power button to go back.

. Back up the stock ROM: Select 'backup and restore' > 'backup'. CWM will back up the whole device onto the SD card. Once done, go back to main menu.

Just as far as "Back up the stock ROM" are the steps I would like, please.

hillbillie

Nov 13, 2012
You went way too far; beyond the titanium explanation I needed.

OK, I found the reference to titanium backup. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317500.

Can I make a backup of stock (without loading any apk or other firmware) from software on an SD card? NOT loaded on the tablet?

I had a very easy time backing up nook HD+ before loading CM10.1 on that tablet.

I am looking for the Springboard equivalent of:

Back up stock ROM & Install CM 10.1

. Make sure Nook is powered off.

. Partially pull out rubber flap to uncover micro-SD slot at Nook's bottom edge. Insert card into slot until it clicks into place. Restore flap.

. Power up Nook. Nook should boot from card with 'Cyanoboot' logo on-screen. If it boots into stock ROM, power off Nook, remove and reinsert the card, and try again. Some Nooks are finicky and have trouble booting, so try several times. If it still fails, try with a different SD card.

. Once the CWM text menu appears, use volume buttons to move cursor bar, Nook 'n' button to select, and power button to go back.

. Back up the stock ROM: Select 'backup and restore' > 'backup'. CWM will back up the whole device onto the SD card. Once done, go back to main menu.

Just as far as "Back up the stock ROM" are the steps I would like, please.
Backup,

I do not know why our cousins in New Zealand managed to open a thread , as previously posted, with full pictures, quite amazing how step by step instructions with full graphics can faze anyone, including your first TWRP boot screen. including Vol up vol down instructions too the letter.

So , when you finally get to the TWRP screen, and this nor any other tablet - phablet nor foonzie works the same as any other, but Huawei 30x, which is yours. Sooooooooo....

YOU MAY NOTICE THAT THE TWRP RECOVERY SCREEN HAS THE FOLLOWING TWO LINE SCREEN DISPLAYS ;

INSTALL BACKUP RESTORE WIPE
MOUNT SETTINGS ADVANCED REBOOT

You may notice on the Ozzy thread all the instructions, apart from the download links, are the same, but picture graphically explained.
A nook is yet another droid, follow the instructions in this thread its a TMO- Mediapad thread not Nooz, and I am sure after TWRP , you will do a BACKUP to your external SD, after a titanium backup which is just another apk , AND NOT an excuse for backing up anything personal "

This download will remove everything YOU HAVE NOT saved AT YOUR PERSONAL risk, so If you DO NOT follow the instructions, DO NOT KNOW how to make-restore-save any personal data , so be it.

On a small point did you manage to trail through all the messages and links include in this thread, most especially the Ozzy, thats New Zealand thread who provided - dont download from there download from page one -the simple, screen by screen. Method to achieve a clean install , as above hit BACKUP in TWRP recov. Problem hit RESTORE.

Make a coffee y voila,

I assume you moved from Nook threads to your TMO - Mediapad, read everything,

Like Nike , Just Do It

---------- Post added 6th January 2014 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 5th January 2014 at 11:39 PM ----------

Backup,

I do not know why our cousins in New Zealand managed to open a thread , as previously posted, with full pictures, quite amazing how step by step instructions with full graphics can faze anyone, including your first TWRP boot screen. including Vol up vol down instructions too the letter.

So , when you finally get to the TWRP screen, and this nor any other tablet - phablet nor foonzie works the same as any other, but Huawei 30x, which is yours. Sooooooooo....

YOU MAY NOTICE THAT THE TWRP RECOVERY SCREEN HAS THE FOLLOWING TWO LINE SCREEN DISPLAYS ;

INSTALL BACKUP RESTORE WIPE
MOUNT SETTINGS ADVANCED REBOOT

You may notice on the Ozzy thread all the instructions, apart from the download links, are the same, but picture graphically explained.
A nook is yet another droid, follow the instructions in this thread its a TMO- Mediapad thread not Nooz, and I am sure after TWRP , you will do a BACKUP to your external SD, after a titanium backup which is just another apk , AND NOT an excuse for backing up anything personal "

This download will remove everything YOU HAVE NOT saved AT YOUR PERSONAL risk, so If you DO NOT follow the instructions, DO NOT KNOW how to make-restore-save any personal data , so be it.

On a small point did you manage to trail through all the messages and links include in this thread, most especially the Ozzy, thats New Zealand thread who provided - dont download from there download from page one -the simple, screen by screen. Method to achieve a clean install , as above hit BACKUP in TWRP recov. Problem hit RESTORE.

Make a coffee y voila,

I assume you moved from Nook threads to your TMO - Mediapad, read everything,

Like Nike , Just Do It

For all of you whom the bell tolls

PAGE ONE

Instructions: !!!Be aware that im not responsible for any damage that can cause this rom!!!
1. Be sure that you have installed 4.0.3 stock official rom from huawei.
2. Now you need to install TWRP/CWM recovery.
To do it download zip with Automated installer of TWRP/CWM/STOCK Recoveries to PC, unpack it in the place you like on PC, run install_recovery.cmd and follow onscreen instructions.
2. Then download CyanogenMod 10 for Huawei Mediapad, Google apps and place them on your internal or external sd.
3. Boot in TWRP/CWM Recovery, then choose Backup and confirm operation (you will get full backup of stock rom).
4. If you want flash rom on top of previous cm10/pa rom - skip this part and go to 5.
Otherwise If you goes from stock or AOKP rom then Press back to go to main menu and choose Wipe there and choose Factory reset there and confirm operation .
5. Press back again and choose Install, then find downloaded zip rom, choose it and and confirm operation .
6. Press back again and choose Install, then find downloaded zip with Gapps, choose it and confirm operation .
7. Then reboot in system and enjoy CyanogenMod 10.1 rom on your Mediapad

Many thanks after a silience

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

IF YOU DID THIS:

Then all previous replies are easy

hillbillie

Nov 13, 2012
So reading in the past

When is this installed?
Kernel with OC for cm-10.1 (updated 10.09.2013)
I didn't see it in the instructions, just the download list.

Can the installation be done from the storage card? ie put all the installation files on an external card?
Will the external card boot and can I save the original firmware to external card?

This is where you started.

Frrrmmmm

As I said way later down in the thread, using TWRP, Install, Select OCzip after successfully booting and working with 10.1
RTFM

Oco

Oct 21, 2012
Hello, hoping there are still users of this version I recently back to it but as GAPPS links is dead I searched for a similar one in another thread now I got endless loop reboots as soon as android UI starts (sometimes sooner other later) so I guess problem is faulty GAPPS. Anyone had the same problem? anyone has the right GAPPS for this ROM? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Drdeca

Sep 17, 2014

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Problem with this tab even years ago was the ultra tiny system partition(around 350mbytes). If the free capacity is below 10mbytes,the device can brick at any time, in my case it usually got into a bootloop on planned reboots, but spontaneous ones did also happen. One particularly worried me at the times of the exploding Notes. After a reboot during charging in standby (during charge in off-state the screen with the battery indicator would stay lit and you had to perform a hard reset after charging) the whole tablet got too hot to touch, neverchad anything that serious, and i tossed it outside in the bin with the display still alight.
I tried to gain access to Google services without any GAPPS on system, but w/o luck. Today this is possible with a plugin for Magisk. If Magisk works with roms that old.

Top Liked Posts