CM10.1 Nightlies Discussion

Search This thread

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
Just continuing the old Nitro tradition of having a discussion thread for each new set of Cyanogenmod Nightlies that come out.

A request, please post your screen on time when bragging/complaining about battery life :p
WIPE EVERYTHING ONLY IF COMING FROM AN UNOFFICIAL BUILD OF CM10.1 (which I don't think there are any of...yet.)
Download!
GAPPS
^Note: Download the 121212 gapps package, it's more updated than the 113012 ones.
Changelogs:
http://10.1.cmxlog.com/?device=p930 http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#p930/cm10/1360323818
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_p930

Last edited:

ShadowOf

Aug 29, 2012
:good:
That's completely unnecessary. My Nitro hasn't been wiped since CM9, and generally CM does NOT need wipes when upgrading itself. If you're coming from other software or third-party ("UNOFFICIAL") builds of CM, do wipe.

What's your recommended way to update GApps?

I originally updated through CMUpdater, then flashed GApps (perceived I had some issues, but not sure now). So I reverted to backup and flashed the CM10.1 Zip and GApps Zip in CWM Recovery at the same time.

iarejohnsmith

Mar 10, 2012
Just checking in on this new thread. Installed the first CM10.1 nightly the other day, and it was flawless. No reboots or anything yet. Everything is smooth as can be, even on conservative governor. Somehow significantly better than CM10 stable :D. Also, the 4G toggle sticks now. Have updated to the latest nightly, and it's just as good.
Only complaint I have is of the new homescreen widget format. They now leave a lot of blank space, making the widgets themselves smaller while taking more space. I'm not sure why they did that.

Edit: Never mind the 4G toggle still malfunctions randomly. But I have finally found a workaround! Just turn off mobile data, change it to LTE/GSM/WCDMA, and then turn data back on. The thing is smooth as anything though.

Last edited:

just1nsama

Jan 7, 2013
Quebec
Just checking in on this new thread. Installed the first CM10.1 nightly the other day, and it was flawless. No reboots or anything yet. Everything is smooth as can be, even on conservative governor. Somehow significantly better than CM10 stable :D. Also, the 4G toggle sticks now. Have updated to the latest nightly, and it's just as good.
Only complaint I have is of the new homescreen widget format. They now leave a lot of blank space, making the widgets themselves smaller while taking more space. I'm not sure why they did that.

To fix the space issue: go to setting, launcher, homescreen and check stretch screens.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

X0dus

Apr 17, 2011
Cornvoy
So what's the idea on battery life? I know it's relative to each individual's use, but CM10 w/ light to moderate use had a 7-8% drain/hr and when using the phone you could watch the battery life just drop.. Is it still the same w/ 4.2.1 (CM10.1)? TIA

kleenpwr

Dec 16, 2012
Has anyone had a problem syncing their exchange calendar using the 02-10 build (perhaps others too) after a fresh wipe? My Google calendar syncs properly, but no work events.

Also, I noticed if I use more than 5 rows of home screen icons, that I lose the text/titles below them.

Any tips appreciated!

kleenpwr

Dec 16, 2012
In case anyone runs into the same issue: I found a solution: if you turn on automatic syncing in email for the account, the calendar app will update itself. Seems to be working fine now.

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
So what's the idea on battery life? I know it's relative to each individual's use, but CM10 w/ light to moderate use had a 7-8% drain/hr and when using the phone you could watch the battery life just drop.. Is it still the same w/ 4.2.1 (CM10.1)? TIA
Battery life is pretty damn good, and this is coming from a Galaxy S3 user :D

kenship

Battery life is pretty damn good, and this is coming from a Galaxy S3 user :D

Not so for me, see battery dropping 1-2% per minute even only being used moderately, it seems that Quattrimus with Wind kernel gives EXCELLENT battery life but it's LTE doesn't work for Canada and GPS doesn't work. Now I'm suspecting LTE might be an issue for battery problem in Canada, even when I'm connecting only at 2G and 3G, need to do more test.

alexw88

Jul 23, 2012
Installed on a P936, but cannot connect to LTE network. Only HSPA is connected. Returned to CM10 and LTE is ok.

Anyone having the same issue?

Edits: just found out I forgot to set APN. Now it is ok.

Last edited:

mpsantiago

Noticed steady battery drain even when idle... BetteryBatteryStats showed "AudioOut_2" causing partial wakelock. I disabled every app that I thought could be causing it and it was still there. Finally I unchecked 'Settings > Sounds > Touch Sounds' and the pw disappeared. So far so good- battery drain seems to have slowed. I'll continue to test.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did some investigation into bluetooth issues today. I found a bunch of interesting stuff and bounced it off rmcc since I'm really busy. His response: "that's almost surely bad power management. The hostwake stuff is broken and it's killing the stack when entering early suspend. Common problem with 4.2, I'll take a look at it tonight/tomorrow."
    Bluetooth Issue

Hey guys,

I reported our Bluetooth issue here, https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-518.

If you are having this issue please click vote on the issue page.

Later,
    FYI cm is freezing to cut the final 10.1 in preparation for the next version which is likely to be 10.2. I'm going to try to get the fix for mpdecision failure to start in there.
    If anyone knows how to get the Volume Rocker buttons to wake the phone up again, I'd be ecstatic.

I've submitted a patch on gerrit to enable this again: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/45348/
    It was enabled for all devices by default in CM10, but changed in 10.1 and hasn't been enabled in the overlay

If it gets merged, it'll show up in nightlies :)

Edit: has been merged, and also included in the 10.1.1 stable release
    EDIT: This didn't seem to help a whole lot, any gains were minimal. You can try it if you want.

Ok, here's another tweak I'm trying out... again, discovered while attempting to stretch battery life while on wifi (since I'm on wifi most of the time). I haven't tested it long enough for hard data as to whether it significantly helps, but it seems like it will.

The research:
    I noticed that in BBS I was getting wlan_rx_wake and wlan_wake wakelocks. The length and % usage of them wasn't bad, but the counts were off the charts, climbing rapidly. My N7 also had these, but they didn't climb as quickly. I installed Shark to sniff my wifi data and saw a ton of empty packets so I started looking for a tweak to fix it.

The... Fix?
    I ended up plugging in this wpa_supplicant file which I extracted from the zip file in this thread. The wakelocks went away completely.

To use it,
    1) get Root Browser or Root Explorer (not ES Explorer, it tends to muck up permissions) and go /system/app and make a copy of the existing wpa_supplicant file and save it somewhere safe on your sdcard or just rename it so you have a backup.

2) copy the new wpa_supplicant into place where the old one was (/system/bin)

3) set the permissions of the file to rwx-rw-rw.

4) reboot.

I'll let you know how the battery life goes, but I'm cautiously optimistic :)

EDIT: This didn't seem to help a whole lot, any gains were minimal. You can try it if you want.