[CM11.0][UNOFFICIAL][BUMPED][D855] CyanogenMod 11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

1BIA4l3.jpg
eXckaIg.png

IMPORTANT!

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

Bug Reports

* REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
* DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
* ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM11. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
* IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

DOWNLOAD

ROM

GAPPS

HOW TO INSTALL

1- Install TWRP
2- Copy Rom and Gapps to internal memory
3- reboot in recovery and wipe data / factory reset
4- flash the rom and the gapps

WORKING:

Ril, camera, wifi, sound, let me know...

NOT WORKING:

let me know....

SOURCE CODE FOR KERNEL AND ROM ARE ON MY GITHUB

CREDITS:

I only compiled this ROM, all credits go to @invisiblek ( a very nice guy) and all the other guy that worked on the device tree.

Last edited:

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
These steps are not more needed...

How to setup fastboot:

IMPORTANT: This will wipe the laf partition so you can't use LG Flash tool until you restore it.

Code:
adb shell                                                                                                                               

su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf of=/storage/external_SD/stock-laf.img
[I]( this made a backup copy of your laf image - save it on your PC)[/I]
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

Then, to restart in fastboot, you have to turn off your phone, press the VOL + button and insert the USB cable.

To restore laf:

Code:
dd  if=/storage/external_SD/stock-laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

You can also start the LG Flashtool download mode with

Code:
fastboot boot stock-laf.img

Last edited:

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 */

1BIA4l3.jpg
eXckaIg.png

IMPORTANT!

Bug Reports

* ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM11. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
* IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

DOWNLOAD

ROM

GAPPS

KERNEL

HOW TO INSTALL

1- Setup Fastboot ( see in 2nd post )
2- Install TWRP
3- Copy Rom and Gapps to internal memory
4- Wipe data / Factory reset
5- reboot in recovery and flash the ROM
6- reboot in download mode and then...

Code:
fastboot boot boot.img

WORKING:

NOT WORKING:

let me know....

CREDITS:

I only compiled this ROM, all credits go to @invisiblek ( a very nice guy) and all the other guy that worked on the device tree.

I see you started building, good job

Reactions: Serch1 and Skin1980

Khoalition

Sep 24, 2014
Hey I have a problem :/
when i reboot into fastboot and run the comand "fastboot boot boot.img" nothing happends and the cmd window just says waiting for device...
What can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     */

1BIA4l3.jpg
    eXckaIg.png

IMPORTANT!

Bug Reports

DOWNLOAD

ROM

GAPPS

HOW TO INSTALL

1- Install TWRP
    2- Copy Rom and Gapps to internal memory
    3- reboot in recovery and wipe data / factory reset
    4- flash the rom and the gapps

WORKING:

NOT WORKING:

let me know....

SOURCE CODE FOR KERNEL AND ROM ARE ON MY GITHUB

CREDITS:

These steps are not more needed...

How to setup fastboot:

IMPORTANT: This will wipe the laf partition so you can't use LG Flash tool until you restore it.

Code:
    adb shell                                                                                                                               

su
    dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf of=/storage/external_SD/stock-laf.img
    [I]( this made a backup copy of your laf image - save it on your PC)[/I]
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

Then, to restart in fastboot, you have to turn off your phone, press the VOL + button and insert the USB cable.

To restore laf:

Code:
    dd  if=/storage/external_SD/stock-laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

You can also start the LG Flashtool download mode with

Code:
    Another issue here.

Do you KNOW what zero'ing out your laf partition does?

It essentially kills your ability to use LG tools to flash a stock ROM back to this device.

There is so much wrong with this method of ROM'ing, I don't even know where to begin.

Save yourself the headache, wait until its ready.
    Do you know how to get your normal download mode back ? so i can restore to stock

I sure do.

Here's the problem with XDA these days:
    "Hey guise, someone said to do this. I have no idea what it does, but you should all do it too."
    I know my friend... but you can still boot into LG Download mode with:

Code:

Sure, but where's the big red disclaimer that your phone isn't going to boot once you reboot it unless you fastboot boot again?

It's not immediately apparent to a user that they need to boot it tethered EVERY SINGLE TIME or their phone isn't going to boot.

What if they're not near a computer? Steps to fix their device when they reboot and don't have a computer in front of them? Huge red disclaimer that without a backup or a flashable stock rom zip, they're going to be stuck with having to try and restore/boot that laf partition (which you gave no instructions on how to get it off the device) and then use LG tools or something to restore a tot/kdz (not linked).

There is so much wrong with this method of rom'ing. I personally don't even like seeing the CyanogenMod name on the this post. There's just too much room for error here.
    "Yea I flashed CyanogenMod once, and my phone wouldn't boot anymore so I had to restore and lost all my data"

Meh, clearly you don't care all that much, I'll not clog up the thread with my useless disclaimers.

PS:
    This should be removed from your OP. You ARE responsible for what people do to their phones by using this method. Its unsafe and there is lack of what to do when things inevitably go wrong.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     */

EDIT: Also - where's your kernel source?