[CM11][4.4.2][i9300][ROM][KERNEL][FEB26] temasek's UNOFFICIAL Build - V50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Just thought I'd update all those who have been having bluetooth force close problems with their cars. As a little history, my temasek i9300 was working great in every way until about V38 or so, then bluetooth would force close every time it paired with my car. After finally getting up to V42 with no solution, I did a full wipe and installed V42 again. Same problem, bluetooth force closes upon pairing with my car. So instead I did a full wipe and then installed the unmodified CM11 with the CM phone and PC installer. No more bluetooth issues, so that seems to indicate the issue comes in sometime after the CM basecode is tweaked. Both are 4.4.2, but for some reason I get force close on temasek after a full wipe and I don't get one on CM11 after a full wipe. I know many people were saying the problem was in the original CM11 code, and at least in my test this doesn't seem to be the case. Just an FYI, your mileage may vary.

Full of crap

I don't import external Bluetooth stuffs, only cm.

fvultee

Jun 1, 2008
Full of crap

I don't import external Bluetooth stuffs, only cm.

I only posted that in case it somehow helps someone else who is having the same problem with no obvious solution. I full wipe, install V42 and it force closes. I full wipe again and install CM11 and it doesn't, you are the tech guy, not me, but I don't know how else to read that result.

shaarky

Dec 1, 2007
When i connect my S3 to the dock, the phone makes the sound but that's all. Also the options for Docking Audio is not available (it's greyed) even when the phone is connected to the dock...anyone else got this issue as well ?

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Build V43

hltexx - md5sum: ed6fc5b5cae2232fc82994940988f8e5
i9300 - md5sum: 082dc3a1787b431137a50efa3a4b8507

CHANGELOG SINCE V42

• Add "OmniROM Audio Theme"
    - Settings -> Sound -> Sound packs

Sound Packs xda thread- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2630011

Download sound packs from above link and place to your INTERNAL SDCARD under SoundPacks folder. If you don't have this folder, create one.
  • Add "Connection manager"
    - Settings -> Wireless & Network (More...) -> Connection Manager

Screen On Configuration
    1. LTE
    2. 2G on Wi-Fi

Screen Off Configuration
    1. 2G with screen off
    2. Time to switch to 2G
    3. 3G unlock
  • Add "Caption detection Toggle" - OmniROM
    - Settings -> Wireless & Network (More...) -> Captive portal detection
    - Settings -> Wireless & Network (More...) -> Server for captive portal detection
  • Add "Add Dialer suggestions and reverse lookup" - OmniROM
    - Dialer suggestions based on OSM
    - Options are turned off by default, can be enabled in Phone > Settings
    - Reverse lookup supported countries: US , CH, FR

• frameworks/base: Lockscreen Notifications: rewrite add notification logic
    - There were some problems with notifications getting replaced while the user was currently dragging them. This commit should fix that by always waiting until animations and user input are finished before replacing a notification view.
  • frameworks/base: Vpn: Setup routes
  • frameworks/base: Prevent MediaScanner infinite loop with invalid path
    - including double slash "/storage/sdcard0/xx//xxx/xxxx"
  • frameworks/base: Revert "Fix error checking in MemoryFile." …
    - Fix android.os.cts.MemoryFileTest#testLength
  • frameworks/base: ActivityManager: Fix monkey tests
  • frameworks/base: fix on tablets notification drawer height on custom image background
    - The measurment bases always on the height of the complete view. Due that we set an image as background (does not make a difference if we do it like now with an image view or set the background resource for the complete view) the image is calculated into the measured height as well which leads into the problem the the panel completly opens to the bottom.
    - To prevent that measure only the real content and decide based of this value how much the rubberbands should go into action. This will be only done on devices which set a minimum height for the drawer which indicates that we need to measure the content more exactly.
  • frameworks/base: restore navbar compatibility with several xposed modules
  • frameworks/base: frameworks: Remove KeyguardTestActivity (Hope systemui improved battery life …)
  • frameworks/base: Restore ProfileGroup notification override functionality
  • frameworks/base: storage: Don't list removed volumes in storage list …
    - Don't tell apps that USB storage or empty SD slots are available for use. This fixes errors about trying to create dirs in vold as well as the relevant CTS cases.
  • frameworks/base: AppOps: fix allow/reject counting …
    - Was missing from the original counters commit: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57352/
  • frameworks/base: Quick Record Tile Save Location …
    - Quick Record Tile now saves the file in Podcast folder inside your SDCard.
  • frameworks/base: Fix NPE causing a hot reboot when pressing power button
  • frameworks/base: SUPL early data connection fix …
    - if GPS started before data connection is alive, SUPL will be broken for entire power cycle.
  • frameworks/base: Increase overall scroll smoothness
  • frameworks/base: GlobalActions: Set the initial status of airplane mode toggle …
    Actually, the initial status of airplane mode toggle is set to false
    when the power menu dialog is initialized.
    - This causes an issue if you set airplane mode and then reboot. After the reboot, the dialog displays the wrong airplane mode status, eg. "Airplane mode is not active", and if you toggle that option, a wrong intent is sent again to put ON the airplane mode, instead of OFF, the toggle (that is in transition state) will be set disabled.
    - This commit fixes this issue.
  • frameworks/base: Add Fast Charge QS Tile …
    - This includes a file observer to watch the sysfs file change
  • frameworks/base: Speedup kill app timeout delay
    - from 2000ms to 1000ms
  • frameworks/base: Fix for the race in Wallpaperservice …
    - Wallpaperservice has a race among message handler of DO_DETACH and service's onDestroy. In certain cases, the engine kept track in mActiveEngines is removed by message handler of DO_DETACH and service's onDestroy
    doesn't get a entry in mActivieEngines and isn't able to invoke detach. This keeps the broadcast receiver, mReceiver active and is unregistered by the framework and a corresponding leak is reported.
    - Later, the message handler of DO_DETACH continues and invokes detach on mEngine, which attempts to unregister mReceiver and framework throws an exception "Receiver not registered: android.service.wallpaper.
    [email protected]" and causes the framework to reboot.
    - In case of system_server, WindownManagerPolicy and android.server.ServerThread contest for access of shared members, mActiveEngines and mEgine. Fix is to protect the critical section via synchronized block.

• Settings: Don't crash if we pause too quickly
    - Notifier is unregistered in every case in pause. However, if you close the Settings app too quick, the notifier might not be registered at all, causing an IllegalArgumentException during the unregistering.
  • Settings: Enable Back-key when go to Emergency call …
    - When go to "Emergency call" from lock screen, back key is disappeared. It is difficult for user to find the way to go back to previous screen. This might be bad user experience. So we are going to make it enable.
  • Settings: PrivacyGuard: confirm permissions reset …
    - The button to reset all application permissions to enabled looks suspiciously like a refresh button. Prompt the user with a confirmation dialog to make sure they know what they've pressed.

• Updated cm source

DOWNLOAD SITES

temasek.hopto.org - i9300 / tilapia / grouper / hltexx
Dev-Host i9300 / tilapia / grouper / hltexx
AndroidFileHost - i9300
MediaFire- i9300

Available for all my supported devices.

Enjoy :)

cba1986

Aug 8, 2010
Somewhere in Buenos Aires
Build V43

CHANGELOG SINCE V42

Sound Packs xda thread- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2630011

Download sound packs from above link and place to your INTERNAL SDCARD under SoundPacks folder. If you don't have this folder, create one.

Screen On Configuration
    1. LTE
    2. 2G on Wi-Fi

Screen Off Configuration
    1. 2G with screen off
    2. Time to switch to 2G
    3. 3G unlock
    - Settings -> Wireless & Network (More...) -> Server for captive portal detection

- There were some problems with notifications getting replaced while the user was currently dragging them. This commit should fix that by always waiting until animations and user input are finished before replacing a notification view.
  • frameworks/base: fix on tablets notification drawer height on custom image background
    - The measurment bases always on the height of the complete view. Due that we set an image as background (does not make a difference if we do it like now with an image view or set the background resource for the complete view) the image is calculated into the measured height as well which leads into the problem the the panel completly opens to the bottom.
    - To prevent that measure only the real content and decide based of this value how much the rubberbands should go into action. This will be only done on devices which set a minimum height for the drawer which indicates that we need to measure the content more exactly.
  • frameworks/base: frameworks: Remove KeyguardTestActivity (Hope systemui improved battery life …)
    - Don't tell apps that USB storage or empty SD slots are available for use. This fixes errors about trying to create dirs in vold as well as the relevant CTS cases.
    - Was missing from the original counters commit: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57352/
    - if GPS started before data connection is alive, SUPL will be broken for entire power cycle.
  • frameworks/base: GlobalActions: Set the initial status of airplane mode toggle …
    - This causes an issue if you set airplane mode and then reboot. After the reboot, the dialog displays the wrong airplane mode status, eg. "Airplane mode is not active", and if you toggle that option, a wrong intent is sent again to put ON the airplane mode, instead of OFF, the toggle (that is in transition state) will be set disabled.
    - from 2000ms to 1000ms
    - Wallpaperservice has a race among message handler of DO_DETACH and service's onDestroy. In certain cases, the engine kept track in mActiveEngines is removed by message handler of DO_DETACH and service's onDestroy
    doesn't get a entry in mActivieEngines and isn't able to invoke detach. This keeps the broadcast receiver, mReceiver active and is unregistered by the framework and a corresponding leak is reported.
    - Later, the message handler of DO_DETACH continues and invokes detach on mEngine, which attempts to unregister mReceiver and framework throws an exception "Receiver not registered: android.service.wallpaper.
    - In case of system_server, WindownManagerPolicy and android.server.ServerThread contest for access of shared members, mActiveEngines and mEgine. Fix is to protect the critical section via synchronized block.

- Notifier is unregistered in every case in pause. However, if you close the Settings app too quick, the notifier might not be registered at all, causing an IllegalArgumentException during the unregistering.
    - When go to "Emergency call" from lock screen, back key is disappeared. It is difficult for user to find the way to go back to previous screen. This might be bad user experience. So we are going to make it enable.
    - The button to reset all application permissions to enabled looks suspiciously like a refresh button. Prompt the user with a confirmation dialog to make sure they know what they've pressed.

• Updated cm source

DOWNLOAD SITES

AndroidFileHost - i9300
MediaFire- i9300

Can't find it in any of the downloads sites. And Hopto is down.

EDIT: just saw it in filehost. i guess it was still uploading

Last edited:

freeac

Jan 11, 2012
Awesome

Build V43

CHANGELOG SINCE V42

Screen On Configuration
    1. LTE
    2. 2G on Wi-Fi

Screen Off Configuration
    1. 2G with screen off
    2. Time to switch to 2G
    3. 3G unlock

- from 2000ms to 1000ms

• Updated cm source

DOWNLOAD SITES

AndroidFileHost - i9300
MediaFire- i9300

Downloading from Mediafire... pretty decent speeds... :good:

2rgman

Apr 15, 2012
@temasek by any chance, do you plan implementing the missing file for games like Tapped out to work? Some people had that problem.

Thank you very much for V43, I love the new network settings.

Please read here, here and here for a possible fix.

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Anyone have issues with Gps on v42..?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

I think it will be good idea to try v43 first, you can also see a gps related fix in v43 changelog

2rgman

Apr 15, 2012
Downloaded v43..i must be blind.. Where's the Gps fix in the changelog? :(

Ctrl+F can be usefull :)

frameworks/base: SUPL early data connection fix …

Anybody?

Should i add that when a call is in progress the red eye monster appears....

AFAIK the red eye monster is on when the proximity sensor is on. as for the problem, going to check now...

Reactions: cba1986

NocNoc9595

Jun 20, 2012
I still don't see any links for Gps fix? Just some explanation? Hmm.. Is Gps working for anyone else without fix on v 43?

2rgman

Apr 15, 2012
I still don't see any links for Gps fix? Just some explanation? Hmm.. Is Gps working for anyone else without fix on v 43?

It's not "GPS fix", it's a commit already included in v43 that fix something related to gps.

GPS working fine here on v43

paour

It's not "GPS fix", it's a commit already included in v43 that fix something related to gps.

GPS working fine here on v43

Specifically AGPS: SUPL refers to the server from which the phone downloads the ephemerides (fresh information concerning the location of the satellites) that make it possible to get a GPS fix in seconds rather than minutes.

scoobyjenkins

• Jul 8, 2012
    Leeds
    @temasek by any chance, do you plan implementing the missing file for games like Tapped out to work? Some people had that problem.

Thank you very much for V43, I love the new network settings.

The fix mentioned earlier regarding swapping the libc.so file is no longer necessary as the latest update to Tapped Out fixed the issue and it should work with the latest version of this rom now. Tested and working for me on v42.1

Tapatalked that shiznit.

Reactions: 2rgman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone