[CM11][4.4.2][i9300][ROM][KERNEL][FEB26] temasek's UNOFFICIAL Build - V50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kadopt

Feb 26, 2011
Lisboa
kado.ddns.net
@temasek if its possible and not too much time consuming for you.....then ...can you implement fast charge feature in your kernel? i really like your kernel but S3 charges very slow.

thanks for your awesome ROM

for other users...ya i know i can use other kernel (like boeffla, yank, googy max, etc ) for that. but i am asking temasek if he will take my request in consideration or has his own plans to do it in future. and i searched on google and xda a lot. thought maybe if it was possible to edit some file and enable fast charge feature but i was not able to find anything that i can do. it all depends on kernel and i am not a developer.
i am not demanding him to do it just making a request as i am sure many users use it. just waiting for his answer on this.

Temasek custom kernels support variable voltage and current setups via stweaks.
89bcrm.png

If still does not work maybe it's related to your charger or USB cable. Stock Samsung USB cable is rubbish and will not charge at full 1A rating of the charger. I use a Motorola cable and works great up to 1.2A with stock samsung charger.

[edit] link for Temasek custom kernel with boeffla audio interface and no abb.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d...mni44-i9300-BOEFFLA-temasek-update-binary.zip[/edit]

Sent from my SGS3 with Temasek 's CM11 & Tapatalk Pro!

Last edited:
Reactions: __Michael__

XDAMaxe

Oct 15, 2012
So you are mad because I didn't say what are the goodies? Ok here is a small list for you:

1. Custom ProgressBar , where from the name you can customize the progress bars in the rom, to make them look really cool.
2. Gesture Anywhere
3. Notification drawer you can have the Quick access ribbon linked, so that is shows a line of QS on top of the notification drawer.

I hope my post is now sensefull for you ;)

PS: Btw you make no sense at all, if you were atleast more informative to what pac rom is doing wrong that would be great.

Thanks a lot - really -, that is interesting and if you said that before we don't have to discuss - so that's probably cool to think about - thanks again and don't be angry, so please accept my apologies :)

Pacman's fault is that they refused to join generic conventions to make things easier for kernel developers (i.e. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal.../kernel-03-01-2014-agni-purecm-v2-5e-t2231393 or boeffla or temasek) - every well-known kernel dev agreed to use unified naming conventions to make development easier and therefore asked most rom devs to agree as well - as far as I know only pacman refused for no given reason - so that's a reason for me not to have an eye on their rom anymore... and because of Tema's skills pacman became less and less important for me.

But maybe Tema can use some of your points - as said before I agree with you that it's worth to evaluate.

shaarky

Dec 1, 2007
So regarding problem with freezing the phone and self-rebooting while/after starting Youtube or any other extensive resources/media application (Autoguard), finally after several launches while connected on PC and after several hours to have any data from logcat, phone finally crashed. :D:fingers-crossed:

Here is the logcat : View attachment 2609462

Any help appreciated, just wondering it's CM11, @temasek mods (I don't think so) or my phone issue and arriving SDS ? .... as nobody else is here reporting exactly the same issue, maybe it's even configuration problem ? On the other side it was happening with different Kernels (Boeffla and even Devil3)...happened with and also without Xposed, etc. etc. It looks like I don't have this problem on 4.3 stock.

Sorry for reposting, just I don't want to get this information lost...

subbyhasan

Feb 6, 2012
UK
Hey, was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between the 4 kernels that temasek has uploaded? Looking for the one with best battery life, don't need anything special on top.

Also, if I flash this ROM, would it be possible for me to move back down to JB 4.3 or would that be a problem?

Thanks a lot in advance

ayoubij

Jan 28, 2013
Tripoli
Thanks a lot - really -, that is interesting and if you said that before we don't have to discuss - so that's probably cool to think about - thanks again and don't be angry, so please accept my apologies :)

Pacman's fault is that they refused to join generic conventions to make things easier for kernel developers (i.e. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal.../kernel-03-01-2014-agni-purecm-v2-5e-t2231393 or boeffla or temasek) - every well-known kernel dev agreed to use unified naming conventions to make development easier and therefore asked most rom devs to agree as well - as far as I know only pacman refused for no given reason - so that's a reason for me not to have an eye on their rom anymore... and because of Tema's skills pacman became less and less important for me.

But maybe Tema can use some of your points - as said before I agree with you that it's worth to evaluate.

That's weird for them to do that. That's why I tried flashing boeffla kernel OMNI and CM but both didn't work. Thanks for the clearer explanation. Just so you would know, I am a temasek fan and I will always be. If I post anything here, it was meant for temasek to have a look at it if he likes the additional features, that's what I meant with my post, but you are right I should have elaborated more directly.
Btw, the thing I liked in PAC rom is the settings is so organized that you can find any settings you want in seconds, and trust me there are TONS of settings and options. I really wish temasek would take some time to organize the settings.
Also about the Progress bar, I think its really cool feature, I don't know from where PAC got it from, but if temasek can look into their sources and port it that would be awesome!

TBH with you, my third point, about the Quick tiles in the notification drawer, that's the only thing I really miss in temasek. Even if I try 3rd party apps, its not the same. Really wish temasek would give this some thought, as the cm tiles have grown to be customizable.

Reactions: XDAMaxe

XDAMaxe

Oct 15, 2012
Hey, was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between the 4 kernels that temasek has uploaded? Looking for the one with best battery life, don't need anything special on top.

Also, if I flash this ROM, would it be possible for me to move back down to JB 4.3 or would that be a problem?

Thanks a lot in advance

remember that the last Temasek-kernels are not working, use these modifies ones.

if you don't know what abb is, then use boeffla or wolfson without abb (only difference is the sound/audio front-end) - for boeffla you can use boeffla audio app or stweaks from the store to configure audio settings (like volume and microphone sensitivity and so on)

subbyhasan

Feb 6, 2012
UK
remember that the last Temasek-kernels are not working, use these modifies ones.

if you don't know what abb is, then use boeffla or wolfson without abb (only difference is the sound/audio front-end) - for boeffla you can use boeffla audio app or stweaks from the store to configure audio settings (like volume and microphone sensitivity and so on)

Had no idea they weren't working, thanks a lot, that's massively appreciated :)

Mostafa Wael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 11, 2013
Gotham
Can i update the ROM using Cyandelta?
Other than that, best ROM everrrr :good: :D
Keep it up man!

Sent from galaxy s3
ROM: temasek v50
Kernel: latest Devil2 kernel
Recovery: latest Devil touch
Filesystem: f2fs
Best phone ever!!!!!!
Teasers: 23k antutu and 8.9k quadrant. Phone is 2x smoother and faster :)

Nov 30, 2013
Is it possible to disable the custom lcd density? Some of my apps are not affected by changing this value which means big text etc . However when I in earlier version could change in my build.prop, these apps were also affected...

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk

XDAMaxe

Oct 15, 2012
Had no idea they weren't working, thanks a lot, that's massively appreciated :)

yep,unfortunately the update-binary files in the kernel.zips are outdated - therefore most recoveries ended with error 7 - but it was easy to 'repair' the kernels with latest update-binary. Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Are these just modified to work with Philz Recovery? I'm using the latest unmodified Temasek kernel and have TWRP recovery, all seems to be ok...
If the genuine kernel.zips work: perfect - but in case of error 7 (as far as I know and experienced with PhilZ) use my modified zips

Reactions: scoobyjenkins

XDAMaxe

Oct 15, 2012
Deleted-Sorry

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Ah, good to know, thanks! Will grab those just in case then!

Tapatalked that shiznit.

You're welcome ! And btw: tema's kernels are superfast (stweaks recommended) and batt-friendly

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
Deleted-Sorry

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

You're welcome ! And btw: tema's kernels are superfast (stweaks recommended) and batt-friendly

Yup, I haven't tried many but no other seems to get the screen colours/ sharpness right or at least I can't configure them to!

Tapatalked that shiznit.

ayoubij

Jan 28, 2013
Tripoli
just some cool features that I hope temasek has the time to port if he wants :)

1. custom progress bar

2. weather

3. quick access ribbons on notification drawer

I found these in PAC rom. Hope you accept. Your rom is the best no matter what. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-38-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-38-13.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 722
  • Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-38-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-38-24.png
    89 KB · Views: 707
  • Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-40-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-40-10.png
    122 KB · Views: 701
  • Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-40-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-40-38.png
    71 KB · Views: 697
  • Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-40-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-03-23-40-46.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 667

f0xy

Aug 23, 2010
Manchester
pezuza8u.jpg
negujymu.jpg

Version 50 default kernel

Just showing good results don't normally let it run lower than 40%

A few calls and texts quite a bit of snapchat and Facebook and some Twitter

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

2rgman

Apr 15, 2012
just some cool features that I hope temasek has the time to port if he wants :)

1. custom progress bar

2. weather

3. quick access ribbons on notification drawer

I found these in PAC rom. Hope you accept. Your rom is the best no matter what. Thank you.

As for 3, temasek answered it several times:
I'm using slimrom QS so unless slimrom added a QS ribbons if not its tough.
Power Toggles in Play Store perhaps the closest to QS RIBBONS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone