[CM11][4.4.2][i9300][ROM][KERNEL][FEB26] temasek's UNOFFICIAL Build - V50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Redscorpian

Nov 2, 2011
Nottingham UK
Samsung Galaxy S10+
so do you have internet access with any other ROM than CM ? have you tried going back to v22 and see if it works ? sound simple /stupid but gotto make sure its not your phone itself.

Yes, 'Archidroid' allows me mobile internet access but this and one other CM11 ROM doesn't. I prefer this ROM as no other gives me the facilities I want/need. I don't have v22 but will look for it tho I will add that the problem occurred after upgrading this ROM from an update of this ROM. Please, of anyone else can think of anything - chip it in!

Racinghart91

Mar 18, 2013
i like this rom !
but i cant find out what the difference is between Temasek's version and the official nightlies ?

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

i like this rom !
but i cant find out what the difference is between Temasek's version and the official nightlies ?

voorhees13

Sep 14, 2013
i like this rom !

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

i like this rom !

Temasek is based on cm,but with tema you get goodies and extra's ;)

Reactions: 8afri

k.d.s

Nov 22, 2011
mumbai
Hey guys is the camera fixed and stable in v30 or not yet? :silly:

All is Good camera still not totally. fixed but you can fix it by flashing camera fix
link below :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2505973

:good:

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

i like this rom !

Temasek is based on cm,but with tema you get goodies and extra's ;)

Yes true. Nightlies are pure Cm based and tema's rom and more of Custimized and optional . :D

2rgman

Apr 15, 2012
Hi Tema,
regarding all those complaints about broken camera focus!
I thought it´s not a bad idea, to just disable all broken stuff, to prevent answering the same bug reports all the time.
I doubt cm-team will fix that soon, they are waiting for Google to push a fix, as this is probably a major lib issue!

In case you agree, I made 2 new commits in my repo.

1.) Disable broken features, till Google fixes it.(Touch to focus / several focus modes / focus timer)
2.) Make camera settings transparent

In 1.) is included: Take Picture with Volume Up + Down!

Attached a compiled Camera2.apk to test.

@temasek about the manual focus problem, Maybe it can be these commit? (added in V27):

smdk4412-common: camera: Fix loss of focus mode between shots

For me the problem started on V27, Then I tried V26 again and it's was OK there.

What do you think?

mtxx1

Aug 4, 2012
I'm pretty bad at camera stuffs. If u ask me, I don't know.

Anyone can comment?

temasek, the camera fix in app section work wonders.
no fc, no cant connect to camera, and no focus issue.

the solution is already out there, why not just included in the rom, and get rid of all these complains about camera once and for all.
i've been using the camera fix since v23, 0% occurance of cant connect to camera, and no focus issues.

k.d.s

Nov 22, 2011
mumbai

Anyone can comment?

the solution is already out there, why not just included in the rom, and get rid of all these complains about camera once and for all.
i've been using the camera fix since v23, 0% occurance of cant connect to camera, and no focus issues.

Yes @tema Lets Do it For once and for all. Once camera will be fixed By Your end all will be fine Solution is Already available.

Even wanna know if we can Add AOSP camera to STOCK Rom's and Stock Camera to Aosp Roms then why we cant Add Stock camera to This Rom :

Just Thinking If any one can Reply. please

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore

I'm not a rom cooker. I don't add apk's

I messes with sources. I build from sources. I like headaches because of that. So no, I won't add.

User can DIY via /system/addon.d by adding a script so it will survive a flash of a new rom.

If that script is tough for a normal user, ask around for assistance. I'm sure some will be able to do it.

2rgman

Apr 15, 2012

The camera fix is very old, If you want to use it I think it's better to replace the files in the camera fix zip with the files from V26. but maybe there is another bugs that the camera fix dosen't have, I don't know...

SteelScyther

Mar 13, 2012
Yes @tema Lets Do it For once and for all. Once camera will be fixed By Your end all will be fine Solution is Already available.

Even wanna know if we can Add AOSP camera to STOCK Rom's and Stock Camera to Aosp Roms then why we cant Add Stock camera to This Rom :

Just Thinking If any one can Reply. please

If it's there and it works, just install it separately. You have to flash multiple things when installing a ROM anyway (GApps, superSU, kernel) so what difference does it make installing one more thing? It'll certainly be easier than temasek having to do another build entirely just to fit the stuff in. Compiling this stuff takes a fair amount of time.

Also, I'm not entirely sure the developer of that camera fix will be 100% happy about people kanging it. He might not be bothered by it, but still if it's easy enough to install standalone then why bother trying to implement it? Not to mention how there's going to be someone out there who, for some obscure reason, has their phone broken in some strange way by this fix. If it were implemented into the next build it'd be a headache for that person and for temasek, who'll just have to take it out/give guidance on how to take it out for the next build.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Yes, 'Archidroid' allows me mobile internet access but this and one other CM11 ROM doesn't. I prefer this ROM as no other gives me the facilities I want/need. I don't have v22 but will look for it tho I will add that the problem occurred after upgrading this ROM from an update of this ROM. Please, of anyone else can think of anything - chip it in!

Is Archidroid a 4.4 ROM as well? I know when I went to 4.4 for the first time I had this problem too (no connecting to any mobile network at all), and it was something to do with my efs partition. I think I had to go back to an older ROM (you could try stock perhaps?) and backup my efs partition.

If you can connect to the normal mobile network though, that might not be a problem. Also, don't do that from just my advice, I'd hate to have you go through all that just to end up with it still not working :p

Just see if anyone else thinks this could be a problem too first

2rgman

Apr 15, 2012
If it's there and it works, just install it separately. You have to flash multiple things when installing a ROM anyway (GApps, superSU, kernel) so what difference does it make installing one more thing? It'll certainly be easier than temasek having to do another build entirely just to fit the stuff in. Compiling this stuff takes a fair amount of time.
+1

RohanAJoshi

Mar 17, 2011
Pune
OnePlus 8 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
@temasek about the manual focus problem, Maybe it can be these commit? (added in V27):

smdk4412-common: camera: Fix loss of focus mode between shots

For me the problem started on V27, Then I tried V26 again and it's was OK there.

What do you think?

Anyone can comment?

can you tell me all camera bugs ?
and what is that manual focus problem ? I did not get it all, will you tell me how to replicate issue ?
currently I am using my latest private test lib mod and all working fine.

k.d.s

Nov 22, 2011
mumbai
OTA

Hey @tema is there any Possibility To add OTA Option To your rom's For update of your Rom's :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

and what is that manual focus problem ? I did not get it all, will you tell me how to replicate issue ?

YES after using Your Camera Fix all work fine. :good:

lkirra

Jan 10, 2013
Hi guys anyone here who uses UC Webrowser?
I am having trouble making it work with cm11.
Every time i browse it only displays background not showing the web page at all.
Please lend me a fix on this.

Ferdimage

Jan 1, 2009
Sydney
Anyone using the stock kernel that comes with the rom?
It seems to have a better battery drain compared to customs ones like Yank and Boeffla etc

2rgman

Apr 15, 2012

I don't know if it's exist on your test libs, I only know it's exist on V27 original camera and libs. (my I9300 is with my brother so I can't update to V30)

You can replicate the issue by trying to capture a picture of text with touch to focus, when you touch the camera focus well but when you take the picture the camera loose focus for some reason (I think it only work happen with automatic or continious focus mode).

mtxx1

Aug 4, 2012
The camera fix is very old, If you want to use it I think it's better to replace the files in the camera fix zip with the files from V26. but maybe there is another bugs that the camera fix dosen't have, I don't know...

the fix is what? OLD?

who cares if the fix is old, what we care is that the fix WORKS.

would you choose a working medicine over a newer unproven medicine?

with the camera fix, 0 cant connect to camera error,
no focus problem, image quality good as ever.
what more do you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts