CM11 & acDisplay / Dynamic Notifications Apps

Search This thread

i.Design

Aug 19, 2012
Hey everyone,

I unlocked my boot loader, rooted, and flashed CM11 on my Moto X a couple days ago. I am only missing the Active Display feature from stock and wanted to replace it with something from the play store. I am running into a problem with both acDisplay and Dynamic Notifications apps. They both work when I get notifications, however do not work at all when set to "active mode". They should be using proximity and motion sensors to imitate how the Moto X normally operates. Does anyone know a way to get them to work similar to how they are "advertised" to work?

D

Darth

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your issue..

But I wanted to say, any app that mimics Active Display will take a great toll on your battery life. Active display is designed to use an extremely small amount of battery on the Moto X.... Any other app will not be so battery friendly.

This is why the majority of users stick to stock, with Xposed and Gravity Box for customization.... Or use stock based roms, that have the unique moto features in them.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Hey everyone,

I unlocked my boot loader, rooted, and flashed CM11 on my Moto X a couple days ago. I am only missing the Active Display feature from stock and wanted to replace it with something from the play store. I am running into a problem with both acDisplay and Dynamic Notifications apps. They both work when I get notifications, however do not work at all when set to "active mode". They should be using proximity and motion sensors to imitate how the Moto X normally operates. Does anyone know a way to get them to work similar to how they are "advertised" to work?

In not seeing where either of those apps claim to use the sensors in a similar way as stock active display. Where do you see that they are advertised to do so?

Edit: scratch that. I do see that acdisplay claims to use the sensors.... Not sure why it isn't working for you.

@KJ is correct that they will use much more battery than stock AD, which takes advantage of the low voltage components of the X.

Last edited: