CM11/OmniROM/AOKP kitkat + CWM-6.0.4.5 without internal sdcard mount.

Search This thread

CliveEP

Jul 14, 2007
Everything seems to be working well (camera excepted) on latest build - thanks for bringing this to more GM2 users

Sent from my GT-S6500D using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

manudroid19

Feb 23, 2013
Awesome! This was really needed. Next step is to make cm11 compatible with both external and internal storage. Me and the majority of people have a sdcard but some people don't.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Wolf.eagle1957

bleached

Feb 9, 2013
TheWhisp uploaded a new amazing cm-11.0 build :) So as promised in the first post, I will upload new "no_internal" and "swapped_storages" builds soon, for those of you who might want to test it but cannot. Will post when uploaded :)

bleached

Feb 9, 2013
New builds uploaded.
I have disabled lpa.decode by default as this fixes mp3 playback, according to theWhisp.

Edit:
Builds are now uploaded in "Downloads" Section.

Last edited:

bleached

Feb 9, 2013
As erikcas made his final builds, I will update this post with Omni/Cm/AOKP with swapped_storages and no_internal builds soon, for those of you who want to enjoy his great work but also have the internal mount problem :)

bleached

Feb 9, 2013
@bleached hey man . im stil waiting for your cm11 with 2.XX kernel ...
please tell me you are working on it

Sorry I thinks I posted somewhere about it. I'm currenctly not working on anything as I do not have time, but even if I had, I wouldn't make CM11 with 2.x kernel. And that is because it demands lots of knowledge (that I probably don't have but that is minor as I'm willing to go through hard times to learn things:p) and lots, LOTS LOTS!! of work to make it, and probably without reason. I mean, only thing will change is probably the whitescreen and that's it. No LPA, no ION, no better GPU libraries... It just don't worth it. Sorry :/

Reactions: dlb4all

dlb4all

• May 12, 2013
    Sorry I thinks I posted somewhere about it. I'm currenctly not working on anything as I do not have time, but even if I had, I wouldn't make CM11 with 2.x kernel. And that is because it demands lots of knowledge (that I probably don't have but that is minor as I'm willing to go through hard times to learn things:p) and lots, LOTS LOTS!! of work to make it, and probably without reason. I mean, only thing will change is probably the whitescreen and that's it. No LPA, no ION, no better GPU libraries... It just don't worth it. Sorry :/

ahhhh ... i totally get that . the reason i want this is for some weird problem i have . my jena doesnt boot any rom with a 3.x kernel ... :|
    it used to work perfectly with any rom , but now i only can use roms with 2.x kernels and therefore ive been using your cm10.1 for sometime now
    and i love it .
    anyway thanks for your efforts.

Antox97

Aug 9, 2013
    Bari
    Hello, I'm reading this thread for the first time, but I can't understand something..
    If you can, answer my questions:
    1)So, now can we download a build with internal sdcard as sdcard0?
    2) Camera? It works?
    3) I don't understand the "framework-res" question.. it's very important to our Mini2? (I have a NFC Model) It it is, tell me what can I do to slove this problem (and fix the links!)

bleached

Feb 9, 2013
    Hello, I'm reading this thread for the first time, but I can't understand something..
    If you can, answer my questions:
    1)So, now can we download a build with internal sdcard as sdcard0?
    2) Camera? It works?
    3) I don't understand the "framework-res" question.. it's very important to our Mini2? (I have a NFC Model) It it is, tell me what can I do to slove this problem (and fix the links!)

1) This builds are the modified builds that DO NOT mount internal sdcard. Not at all. This means that external sdcard will be mounted at sdcard0 and there will be no sdcard1. You will not see your internal sdcard.
    2) Whatever works in the original build, works here too. These are just modified builds to remove internal sdcard support. So if camera works in the original OmniRom build, it will work here too. Same goes for AOKP and CM. So look at the original threads of each rom to see what works and what not.
    3) You don't have to worry about framework-res. It was a problem in the earliest build. Now you can just download the build and flash it like you would with any other ROM.

Antox97

Aug 9, 2013
    Bari
    I have test the swapped storaged build: I can took photo but I can't took videos! Which build can takes me photos and videos?
    Edit: I have installed the Gapps zip reccomened by TheWhisp, I can't find Play Store!! Now I'm testing latest AOKP and after, OmniROM
    EDIT 1: I was testing AOKP, I can't install it 'cause CWM abort the installation
    EDIT 2: I was testing OmniRom, but device stops at bootanimation..

Last edited:

bleached

Feb 9, 2013
    @bleached,Excuse me but where are all JenaNFC builds? There are onli Jenad builds!

I'm a little busy.. There are no NFC builds. These builds are mande by erikcas and theWhisp and are provided as is. I mean, they didn't make an NFC build, so there are no NFC builds here.
    Also, I read about your bootloop. ATM I cannot test, so if anyone else could confirm I would fix that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I have jena (NFC) model and as many other people I had mount problems with CM11 and CWM6.0.4.5. Specifically, internal sdcard could not be mounted.
      So I decided to do the following:
      I modified theWhisp's CM11 and CWM 6.0.4.5 builds and also Erikcas's OmniRom and AOKP builds and made them so internal storage is not mounted at all (as it could not be mounted either way) and external storage is mounted in sdcard0.
      Of course I take no credits. All credits go to theWhisp and Erikcas for their hard work.

How to flash:
      taken from theWhisp's thread:
      How to install:

1) ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.5 is required to install this ROM!
      2) Download ROM .zip
      3) Download Google apps (optional)
      4) Put both .zip files on your device (either internal or external storage)
      5) Boot your device into recovery mode
      6) Make nandroid backup (if needed)
      7) Wipe data/factory reset (not needed if installing above previous cm11 build)
      8) Format /system (only if the previous ROM is not the same CM version)
      9) Install the ROM .zip file
      10) Mount /system, install Google apps
      11) Done.

I will keep modifying and uploading latest CM11 build until a fix for internal is found.

So, enjoy CM11 (and have a great new year :p)

DOWNLOADS

Downloads:
      The link below has two builds. One without internal storage and one with swapped storages.
      See "Downloads" Section

Gapps
      http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 (mini modular)

XDA:DevDB Information
      CM11/OmniROM/AOKP kitkat + CWM-6.0.4.5 without internal sdcard mount., ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Mini

Contributors
      bleached
      ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: CWM 6.0.4.5+
      Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
      Current Beta Version: Beta 2
      Beta Release Date: 2014-03-07

Created 2014-07-23
      Last Updated 2014-09-18
      You had too...?
      I had with some experiments on Omni with latest build... Have to check out better (now I'm with exams)
      Also, I wrote a workaround for internal sd if you're interested. ;)

Inviato dal mio GT-S6500 con Tapatalk 2
      Memory swap now works, but I'm unable to use external sd... Coming back to 1st release :/

The build I uploaded was only intented for rhisendark, as he needed swapped storages. It won't fix mounting of internal.
      Those who have problems with internal can either use first release, or wait as I intent to upload theWhisp's 03/01/2014 cm11 build modified to use only external storage.
      It's been a while since last build from theWhisp, and it is ok, as he might not have time, or the changes were only minor. Anyway, I decided today to build CM-11 from source (using the sources found at theWhisp's github). That means that later today I might upload a new build, that will not have framework-res.zip, as it will not be necessary. It will have latest CM11 changes (that means that problem with call-ui being slow will probably be fixed) and any other changes (if any) theWhisp has pushed to github.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone