CM11/OmniROM/AOKP kitkat + CWM-6.0.4.5 without internal sdcard mount.

Search This thread

midzan21

Guys, I was having an idea about fixing videocamera in CM11.
For CM10.1 @bleached replaces the camera's apk with another once and after, Camera can took photos and videos. Can we do the same on CM11?

Unfortientaly this is not possible because of kernel stuff in CM11 and Omni. It should be nice if just replaced apk work. On CM10.1 by bleached it was possible (older kernel where camcorder works)

coolkillermax

Nov 12, 2012
Malaysia
I have jena (NFC) model and as many other people I had mount problems with CM11 and CWM6.0.4.5. Specifically, internal sdcard could not be mounted.
So I decided to do the following:
I modified theWhisp's CM11 and CWM 6.0.4.5 builds and also Erikcas's OmniRom and AOKP builds and made them so internal storage is not mounted at all (as it could not be mounted either way) and external storage is mounted in sdcard0.
Of course I take no credits. All credits go to theWhisp and Erikcas for their hard work.

How to flash:
taken from theWhisp's thread:

I will keep modifying and uploading latest CM11 build until a fix for internal is found.

So, enjoy CM11 (and have a great new year :p)

DOWNLOADS

Downloads:
The link below has two builds. One without internal storage and one with swapped storages.
See "Downloads" Section

Gapps
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 (mini modular)

XDA:DevDB Information
CM11/OmniROM/AOKP kitkat + CWM-6.0.4.5 without internal sdcard mount., ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Mini

Contributors
bleached
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CWM 6.0.4.5+
Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Beta 2
Beta Release Date: 2014-03-07

Created 2014-07-23
Last Updated 2014-09-18

Hello OP & All,

i flash "cm-11-20140803-swapped_storages-UNOFFICIAL-jenad" from stock rooted rom 2.3.6 get Bootloop :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i using latest CWM 6.0.5.1 stable.... Any idea why cause bootloop & how to fix ?:confused:

chorknabe1

Nov 28, 2012
Hello OP & All,

i flash "cm-11-20140803-swapped_storages-UNOFFICIAL-jenad" from stock rooted rom 2.3.6 get Bootloop :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i using latest CWM 6.0.5.1 stable.... Any idea why cause bootloop & how to fix ?:confused:
hey cooolkillermax,
havent tested the CM11, because I think its too "new", to complex for our "old" mini2.
But My S6500 runs with the 10.1-20140916-UNOFFICIAL-jena, the improved version (by bleached - thanx a lot again ) which works like a charm !
Everythings working, everything fine, as far as I know there are more people happy with this.
Try !
. . . and a happy New Year !

coolkillermax

Nov 12, 2012
Malaysia
hey cooolkillermax,
havent tested the CM11, because I think its too "new", to complex for our "old" mini2.
But My S6500 runs with the 10.1-20140916-UNOFFICIAL-jena, the improved version (by bleached - thanx a lot again ) which works like a charm !
Everythings working, everything fine, as far as I know there are more people happy with this.
Try !
. . . and a happy New Year !

Happy New year to you too & Give me forum thread or download link :) pls...

Last edited:

chorknabe1

Nov 28, 2012
Wer sucht der findet.
OK:
There is an updated version of Sept.2015 which I'll install instantly, although it is almost the same. Some bugs are fixed.
You have to look for
>xda-dev
>samsung galaxy mini
>cm 10.1 improved 07/07 build
If you don't have the NFC-device you use 'jenad'-version, with NFC its just 'jena' .

Gesendet von meinem GT-S6500 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: nefescalanadam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have jena (NFC) model and as many other people I had mount problems with CM11 and CWM6.0.4.5. Specifically, internal sdcard could not be mounted.
    So I decided to do the following:
    I modified theWhisp's CM11 and CWM 6.0.4.5 builds and also Erikcas's OmniRom and AOKP builds and made them so internal storage is not mounted at all (as it could not be mounted either way) and external storage is mounted in sdcard0.
    Of course I take no credits. All credits go to theWhisp and Erikcas for their hard work.

How to flash:
    taken from theWhisp's thread:
    How to install:

1) ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.5 is required to install this ROM!
    2) Download ROM .zip
    3) Download Google apps (optional)
    4) Put both .zip files on your device (either internal or external storage)
    5) Boot your device into recovery mode
    6) Make nandroid backup (if needed)
    7) Wipe data/factory reset (not needed if installing above previous cm11 build)
    8) Format /system (only if the previous ROM is not the same CM version)
    9) Install the ROM .zip file
    10) Mount /system, install Google apps
    11) Done.

I will keep modifying and uploading latest CM11 build until a fix for internal is found.

So, enjoy CM11 (and have a great new year :p)

DOWNLOADS

Downloads:
    The link below has two builds. One without internal storage and one with swapped storages.
    See "Downloads" Section

Gapps
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 (mini modular)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM11/OmniROM/AOKP kitkat + CWM-6.0.4.5 without internal sdcard mount., ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Mini

Contributors
    bleached
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM 6.0.4.5+
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Beta 2
    Beta Release Date: 2014-03-07

Created 2014-07-23
    Last Updated 2014-09-18
    You had too...?
    I had with some experiments on Omni with latest build... Have to check out better (now I'm with exams)
    Also, I wrote a workaround for internal sd if you're interested. ;)

Inviato dal mio GT-S6500 con Tapatalk 2
    Memory swap now works, but I'm unable to use external sd... Coming back to 1st release :/

The build I uploaded was only intented for rhisendark, as he needed swapped storages. It won't fix mounting of internal.
    Those who have problems with internal can either use first release, or wait as I intent to upload theWhisp's 03/01/2014 cm11 build modified to use only external storage.
    It's been a while since last build from theWhisp, and it is ok, as he might not have time, or the changes were only minor. Anyway, I decided today to build CM-11 from source (using the sources found at theWhisp's github). That means that later today I might upload a new build, that will not have framework-res.zip, as it will not be necessary. It will have latest CM11 changes (that means that problem with call-ui being slow will probably be fixed) and any other changes (if any) theWhisp has pushed to github.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone