• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CM11 or OmniRom 6.0.1 ?

Search This thread

Jawad Twam

May 19, 2014
Ramallah
Hello!
i was using CM Rom for 2 years , but sadly the CM's team stoped upgrading the rom for Cm12 , so i searched for another rom , i found the OmniRom , flashed it nd used for 3 months it's a good looking rom , clean , and fast , but i should keep the cpu on (max 1400 ,min 400) and that makes the phone too hot while charge and drain the battery fast .
so should i back to CM11 , or could anyone help me to slove this proplem ?!

ONjA

Mar 23, 2011
ART based ROMs are a little too much for our phone, IMO. They work, and you even can get used to their speed, but generally you can get better multitasking (more RAM) and battery life with older ROMs.
I would recommend to use kitkat or jellybean roms for real life usage scenarios.
Personally I use SuperNexus rom, based on pure 4.2.2 (not CM) with Semaphore kernel. SGS is my secondary phone now. I tried Lollipop/Marshmallow, but they halfed available RAM, which is crucial for our phone. Kitkat is OK, but still ~20% less RAM than JB. That sometimes leads to browser is unable to load some heavy web page.

I still think, it's fantastic, that SGS is able to run the latest android version. 5 year phone!

Reactions: falconscrest123

faithhh

Nov 2, 2010
istanbul
ART based ROMs are a little too much for our phone, IMO. They work, and you even can get used to their speed, but generally you can get better multitasking (more RAM) and battery life with older ROMs.
I would recommend to use kitkat or jellybean roms for real life usage scenarios.
Personally I use SuperNexus rom, based on pure 4.2.2 (not CM) with Semaphore kernel. SGS is my secondary phone now. I tried Lollipop/Marshmallow, but they halfed available RAM, which is crucial for our phone. Kitkat is OK, but still ~20% less RAM than JB. That sometimes leads to browser is unable to load some heavy web page.

I still think, it's fantastic, that SGS is able to run the latest android version. 5 year phone!

can u give a link for your rom pls? is this ? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=40767015#post40767015

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.