CM11 weekly build

Search This thread

Frankenbiker

Sep 28, 2012
Due to popular demand, I'm moving my CM11 builds out to a new thread.

#include <standard_disclaimer.h>

Coming from CM10.x (or JB/ICS 4.3 and previous), this cannot be dirty-flashed. Factory reset and wipe /cache, /system, and /data.

Can be dirty-flashed from CM11.

TWRP won't work. Requires CWM 6.0.4.3 or higher

This is a plain-vanilla CM11. No extra commits on this build. If you dirty-flash on top of one of Jamie's P-builds, you'll lose all the Uber-Kernel functionality.

Use the Skyrocket changelog for information on what's changed on these builds:

http://www.cmxlog.com/11/skyrocket/

Right now, the big issues are common with ALL CM builds:

Video recording not working
LTE not working on SOME carriers

Trebuchet launcher was re-integrated into the main CM build tree, but it's not working on this build yet.

-blaine

Last edited:

Frankenbiker

Sep 28, 2012
I'm building these on a weekly basis. I'm trying for Fridays, but that may not be set in stone.

Besides not having time to do nightlies, the sheer number of changes going in on a daily basis is astonishing. As with CM10.0 and CM10.1, the volume of changes at this early stage in the game means that stability is not a priority. Weekly builds give a little more time to figure out exactly where the bugs are (true problems versus problematic flashes and downloads), and my laptop a rest.

-blaine

Last edited:

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
This is very cool...So far this build has been running very well for me today...I even have camcorder working with JB+ camera...

I'll ask my question from the previous thread. Has anyone been able to get long press of the home button to display the app switcher? If so How?

Thanks again Frankenbiker!!!

elheffe

Aug 25, 2013
This is very cool...So far this build has been running very well for me today...I even have camcorder working with JB+ camera...

I'll ask my question from the previous thread. Has anyone been able to get long press of the home button to display the app switcher? If so How?

Thanks again Frankenbiker!!!

I use that feature all the time. Not sure why it won't work for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jan 27, 2014
please excuse the stupid question!

Here's the link to the latest build:

I'll clean this up properly once I get back home.

-blaine

(Mods, if this needs to be moved, please do so. :) )

Is this a new rom for us or a continuation of Jaimie's? Just wondering if a dirty flash is possible from his p15?

Frankenbiker

Sep 28, 2012
This is a plain-vanilla CM11 build.

I don't believe there's any reason why you could not dirty flash over Jamie's builds.

However, I'm not building his UberKernel so you'll lose all that functionality.

-blaine

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
I use that feature all the time. Not sure why it won't work for you.

Hmmm..that's odd...I completely wiped before flashing the ROM twice and this feature was not working from the beginning for me..I couldn't get it to work even after loading gravity box in exposed..

Maybe I'll have to try downloading the ROM again. Although I doubt its a bad download as everything else is working so well..I may wait a few days to test as I can use an app switcher app from the market.

Can anyone else confirm that the default android app switcher is working for them?

edamigo

Oct 11, 2011
Ottawa
Wow thanks for the quick reply and doing what you do for us! LOL dirty flashed while you responded, so far so good!

I did dirty flash as well and did not encounter any problems. Pretty nice build.

CM11 camera recoding does not work as stated but external apps do work. I use "A Better Camera" and it works. It has several seconds delay before starting recording but after that everything is fine and recording is playable. Tried 720p and 1080p. Read that JB Camera + worked as well but did not try myself.

As for LTE it just does not stick for me after *#*#4636#*#* LTE/GSM selection. Others do not have this problem. May be modem related. In CM10.2 LTE/GSM/WCDMA was available in settings and I did not have to do dialer trick. In CM11 only 3G and 2G options are available. Still works fine with LTE after dialer trick. And without it it defaults to HSPA+ which is pretty fine for most usages.

rohankb

Feb 15, 2012
Seven Mile Beach
I dirty flashed this over P15, was getting some random reboots on P15, maybe one a day, but on this I now have about 4-5 a day in the middle of phone calls and all.

Anyone else seeing this, or should I just clean flash this?

elheffe

Aug 25, 2013
I dirty flashed this over P15, was getting some random reboots on P15, maybe one a day, but on this I now have about 4-5 a day in the middle of phone calls and all.

You can try flashing uber kernel and see if that helps. I've been running it on this rom all week with only the occasional reboot.

Reactions: rohankb

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
So has anyone gotten NFC or Google wallet tap to pay to work? Or is it just me?

NFC seems to work fine. I can send and receive photos to and from my wife's S3.

Has tap to pay worked with our phone on any ROM? I thought there was some security feature missing that precluded this...or at least made it something you wouldn't want to try.

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
You can try flashing uber kernel and see if that helps. I've been running it on this rom all week with only the occasional reboot.

I've been considering flashing uber over this ROM just to get the Wheatley governor. I found that it completely eliminates the wake from sleep issue on jamie's ROMs..I assume that it will do the same here..only one way to find out!

Geronimoooooo!!!!!

rohankb

Feb 15, 2012
Seven Mile Beach
I've been considering flashing uber over this ROM just to get the Wheatley governor. I found that it completely eliminates the wake from sleep issue on jamie's ROMs..I assume that it will do the same here..only one way to find out!

Geronimoooooo!!!!!

yep it does seem to of stopped delayed wakelock, I got it installed and running fine so far on Wheatley at 1728

Reactions: crutzulee

edamigo

Oct 11, 2011
Ottawa

I dirty flashed over P15 with usual cache wipe. Ithink I had just one reboot in last week. But even that looked like app problem. I do not recall any reboots in last 5 days.

Reactions: rohankb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

#include <standard_disclaimer.h>

Coming from CM10.x (or JB/ICS 4.3 and previous), this cannot be dirty-flashed. Factory reset and wipe /cache, /system, and /data.

Can be dirty-flashed from CM11.

TWRP won't work. Requires CWM 6.0.4.3 or higher

This is a plain-vanilla CM11. No extra commits on this build. If you dirty-flash on top of one of Jamie's P-builds, you'll lose all the Uber-Kernel functionality.

Use the Skyrocket changelog for information on what's changed on these builds:

http://www.cmxlog.com/11/skyrocket/

Right now, the big issues are common with ALL CM builds:

Video recording not working
    LTE not working on SOME carriers

Trebuchet launcher was re-integrated into the main CM build tree, but it's not working on this build yet.

-blaine
    Here's the link to the last build. I'm done with this project. It was a fun ride.

http://d-h.st/ThGh

Kernel link:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-common

(all the old links were dead: DevHost had deleted all the files.)

(The thread remains for the info, but the links won't be reposted.)

-blaine
    New build up, thanks to Patch.

MUCH better than my last one.

Wallpaper malfunction is gone, eliminating the need to edit build.prop for that particular problem. (I still edited it for other reasons, though)

-blaine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Free mobile app
    I'm building these on a weekly basis. I'm trying for Fridays, but that may not be set in stone.

Besides not having time to do nightlies, the sheer number of changes going in on a daily basis is astonishing. As with CM10.0 and CM10.1, the volume of changes at this early stage in the game means that stability is not a priority. Weekly builds give a little more time to figure out exactly where the bugs are (true problems versus problematic flashes and downloads), and my laptop a rest.

-blaine
    New Build Up... :D

Several major changes going on here...

1) You MUST be running a JB modem on this build. The installer checks, and if you don't have UCMD3 (or equivalent) it will fail.

2) the Speakerphone Mute bug has been FIXED.

3) You MAY have problems with wallpaper. If you do, you'll have to check "disable hardware overlays" in Developer Options.
    (I thought this one had been nailed down a long time ago, and I never had any problems with it until this build.)

----------

4) Apparently it's not possible to upload ANYTHING from a public wifi hotspot. Therefore, I'm having to switch to Google Docs (for the time being) for uploads, since from now on I will only rarely have access to anything that's NOT public wifi. If this changes, I'll let you know.

-blaine