[CM12.1] [Lollerpop] JFLTEVZW Nightly Kangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
Does anyone know if there is someplace where major changes are listed?

I know we can look at daily change-logs, but for someone who (lately) doesn't update everyday, nor really want look at weeks worth of changes, it would be nice to see a list of major feature changes!

Not asking for a list to be made, just curious if there is one already; thanks.:good:

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Does anyone know if there is someplace where major changes are listed?

I know we can look at daily change-logs, but for someone who (lately) doesn't update everyday, nor really want look at weeks worth of changes, it would be nice to see a list of major feature changes!

Not asking for a list to be made, just curious if there is one already; thanks.:good:

No, I don't believe so.

Reactions: cbaty08

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
The reason is because there aren't major features usually added, I'm pretty sure since cm11 started there aren't many new features at all from cm10. Everyday they are crushing bugs and bringing stock features up to date like bluetooth stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mrw1215

Mar 25, 2011
Just out of curiosity, is there any way to turn off the "kill all" button in the recents menu? I've been digging through the settings, and I haven't found anything at all.

metalhead8816

Jan 28, 2010
3/15 build is crashing every time for me when making a phone call.

My guess is this happens because some of the other commits listed at the bottom of this commit haven't been merged yet:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57668/

Log:
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at com.android.dialer.lookup.LookupSettings.upgradeRProviders(Lookup
Settings.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at com.android.dialer.lookup.LookupSettings.getReverseLookupProvider
(LookupSettings.java:100)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at com.android.dialer.lookup.ReverseLookup.getInstance(ReverseLookup
.java:37)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at com.android.dialer.lookup.ReverseLookupThread.run(ReverseLookupTh
read.java:96)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecu
tor.java:1112)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExec
utor.java:587)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

mjforte

Mar 19, 2010
3/15 build is crashing every time for me when making a phone call.

My guess is this happens because some of the other commits listed at the bottom of this commit haven't been merged yet:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57668/

Log:
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at com.android.dialer.lookup.LookupSettings.upgradeRProviders(Lookup
Settings.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at com.android.dialer.lookup.LookupSettings.getReverseLookupProvider
(LookupSettings.java:100)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at com.android.dialer.lookup.ReverseLookup.getInstance(ReverseLookup
.java:37)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at com.android.dialer.lookup.ReverseLookupThread.run(ReverseLookupTh
read.java:96)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecu
tor.java:1112)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExec
utor.java:587)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1219): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

Try clearing data for phone. I was getting force closes on yesterday's build until I cleared the data.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Go to the website again. Everything listed under Cherry Picks is unique to this ROM.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Maybe you want to go to the website again because there's overlap between what's listed on the site's cherry pick and what's in the official CM. And that list isn't cumulative so unless you have previous versions cached, it's not particularly helpful besides playing a guessing-game or going back and forth between CM/euroskank and comparing notes.

slayer621

Dec 12, 2011
Maybe you want to go to the website again because there's overlap between what's listed on the site's cherry pick and what's in the official CM. And that list isn't cumulative so unless you have previous versions cached, it's not particularly helpful besides playing a guessing-game or going back and forth between CM/euroskank and comparing notes.

If there truly is overlap (afaik, there is not), then you can assume that this ROM is stock CM, and anything you see under Cherry Picks that you do not recognize from stock CM, is a feature that has been added. At the very least, everything listed is included in the ROM along with everything from stock CM.

crossen0

Jan 15, 2011
Kansas City
Is anyone else noticing the text message notification icon staying in status bar after clicking on the notification?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Chopes

Apr 11, 2010
Anyone having issues where the second SMS after initiating a data connection (4g or wifi) fails but the first one always goes through? If airplane mode is turned on and off, another 1 SMS will go through before stalling on subsequent messages. Tried already confirm SMSC and other information is correct and all that as well as proper disabling of whisper push and voice+.

If a fresh install is done and voice+ is used with a google voice account instead of sending through the verizon number (SMS) then the messages go through fine, but not from the Verizon phone number.

Anyone have a solution for this?

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone having issues where the second SMS after initiating a data connection (4g or wifi) fails but the first one always goes through? If airplane mode is turned on and off, another 1 SMS will go through before stalling on subsequent messages. Tried already confirm SMSC and other information is correct and all that as well as proper disabling of whisper push and voice+.

If a fresh install is done and voice+ is used with a google voice account instead of sending through the verizon number (SMS) then the messages go through fine, but not from the Verizon phone number.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Tried to replicate on today's build but couldn't. All working fine for me. Tried with both the stock messaging app and HoverChat which is what I normally use.

slayer621

Dec 12, 2011
Is anyone else noticing the text message notification icon staying in status bar after clicking on the notification?

I fixed this by clicking the notification then holding the back button to force close the app (I think you have to enable the setting in developer options). This was happening whenever I rebooted, I was using Disa as my main SMS app, but the notification was from the stock SMS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    skank-logo-lrg.png

Download: http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=cm12&device=jfltevzw
    cherry.png
    Cherry pick list
    cherry.png

* CyanogenMod's latest merges: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-12.1,n,z

* CyanogenMod's Github: http://github.com/cyanogenmod

This is a kang of CM12 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, compiled by a group of volunteers that enjoy learning about building CyanogenMod & Android in general. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.

These builds are bleeding-edge, most comparable to a nightly build, and are not meant for inexperienced users. Things will be broken and crash from time to time, you need to accept that this isn't stable by any means before flashing. Nandroid as often as possible.

How to post useful, informative bug reports:
    Sometimes dev's actually check out our threads, or sometimes we have a good relationship with a dev or two. These bleeding-edge builds will have issues, and having good information on what's broken is great feedback before a feature is merged. Here are some good bug reporting tips:

* No bug reports while using custom kernels or add-ons:
    CyangenMod's own bug reporting tool does not accept bug reports from people using non-stock kernels for a reason, so why should we? CM can merge changes to their kernel causing custom kernels to break things until they catch up. Therefore, please do not post any bug reports while using a custom kernel or add-on such as Xposed Framework. Post your issues with custom kernels in their own respective threads as they are the ones who need to play catch up. Any bug report posted in this thread should be while running CM's stock framework and kernel, as this prevents unnecessary clutter.

* Gapps are not a CM issue:
    CyanogenMod is built to run without the assistance of Google's proprietary apps (gapps). Having issues with your Google account and syncing is a gapps issue, not a CM issue. Please do not post about any gapps related issues, just wipe data and try a different gapps package.

* Posting about the same bug every build:
    Beating a dead horse with "bug X still isn't fixed" posts just adds unnecessary clutter and provides no help into actually fixing the issue. Some bugs take days to squash, some take weeks. Please don't report the same bug every time a build is uploaded.

* Logs:
    Provide logcats when applicable. Use a service like Pastebin and put a link to the log in the post. Please do not post logs directly to the forum.

If these requests are too demanding, there's good news! CyanogenMod is open source, so please feel free to download the source code, compile your own builds volunteering your time and resources, then start a thread and run it however you see fit. All we simply ask is that people post good, reliable information that can be passed on to a developer that can actually do something with it, making CM a better product for everyone involved.

idybV.png
    ROMManager -----
    ScKKz.png
    GooManager ----- Lollerpop RSS Feed
    People at the kernel thread say to take it to the ROM's thread...

Let me break something down for you since you're too busy being disrespectful and not actually understanding why reporting kernel issues here is not only annoying, but won't get anything done besides increasing your post count.

What I do is cherry pick in-progress features to basically beta test them before they are merged. That alone makes this more "bleeding edge" and "unstable" than a usual nightly build. Something in my cherry picks might break your precious aftermarket kernels days before the thing causing your issue gets merged into CM. The problem here is that gap, because kernel devs usually rebase from merged code. So, if you want to run an aftermarket kernel, a rom with cherry picks, like this one, is going to be the most problematic for you because of that gap.

I won't stop cherry picking things to work around your kernel issues. CM doesn't worry about pleasing aftermarket kernel devs, that's why kernel devs have to rebase to CM's merges. I don't do this for the "end users", I do this for me as a hobby. I enjoy testing new features before they are merged, learning bits of java here and there, and compiling it how I see fit. Some people have similar tastes and they are free to flash this, some don't have similar tastes and should probably use something else if having aftermarket kernel compatibility is a high priority.

TL;DR: STFU about aftermarket kernels (for the 500th time)...
    Camera stuff should be fixed, camera wrapper was just merged.

BTW Jenkins (official build bot) is starting officials for jf variants tonight, so we're off to the races.
    First CM12 build is posted, use at your own risk, bugs galore.