• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[CM12][5.0.1][UNOFFICIAL][Multi-Variant Support][17/12/2014]

Search This thread

<JohnCarter>

Jun 1, 2012
Ranchi
build 38 test report

Hey guys, just wanted to leave it here,

I've tried build 38 on XT1033 variant
-Flashed via USB OTG method on philz 6.58 (if some wants link click here )(Previously on PAC RC3) . And also the Nano g-apps.
-Booted within 5-8 minutes
-calls and data working (both the sim)
-camera working fine!
-SMS doesn't work (fixed in build 39 as reported )

Rest looks fine. Overall quite the job @bharat_goku :good:

Reactions: pico hackr

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Since it works now,I'll release a optimised version of the build. I've made some changes to the source tree and the device tree. I'll upload by tonight

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Is it me or does the modem act weird in cm12?someone reports WiFi broken some report works fine I'm really confused ,I know SMS app is still broken cm needs to build it fully other SMS apps will work though

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
Is it me or does the modem act weird in cm12?someone reports WiFi broken some report works fine I'm really confused ,I know SMS app is still broken cm needs to build it fully other SMS apps will work though

I uploaded my build a few posts back, can anyone check that and see if it works? it works perfectly on mine. HW rendering doesnt work as expected, even if enabled the OS depends purely on software, its a library issue.
As I said, XT1033 should theoritically work without any wifi modules other versions are dependent on it

devanshkumar

Oct 4, 2012
Noida
Everything is working good in Build 39 as I said earlier, But I can't get root access. Installled Super SU from Play store but it showed no binaries installed. Then I tried using SuperSU 2.44 BETA zip file (flashed through TWRP) but it still not working. Need help!

Lucas Eugene

Build 40 doesnt work with cdma xt1031. It shows no sim card. Msg calls and data is broken. I dirty flashed it over cm11 as written in the OP

Reactions: chiragb

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
Build 40 doesnt work with cdma xt1031. It shows no sim card. Msg calls and data is broken. I dirty flashed it over cm11 as written in the OP

Found one small bug. After using hotspot WIFI won't turn back on. Need to reboot to make WIFI work again.
EDIT:This is on build 39.

Wifi is not working in build 40 and it takes up to 1 min to recognize sim card after boot on xt1033

Need testers... I'm not sure about CDMA support yet since i havent got any responses from testers, but hotspot and wifi should be fixed since it works on my phone in this build.

lilsidsri

Oct 18, 2014
Hyderabad
Honor 7X
Honor 8X
To get root access
Goto Developer Tools
And change the option of Root Access to Apps and ADB

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Root should work directly, they dont have an option in the menu yet since its early stages but nevertheless any app should popup a windows which should specify if you want to grant or deny root.
If you want an app download SuperSU, that should help

Can you include double tap to wake in your build ??

The DK kernel slows down the phone very badly

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

One more bug found

Unable to set picture for owner
Nothing shows up after crop

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
To get root access
Goto Developer Tools
And change the option of Root Access to Apps and ADB

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Can you include double tap to wake in your build ??

The DK kernel slows down the phone very badly

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

One more bug found

Unable to set picture for owner
Nothing shows up after crop

The picture for owner is directly set to add only via contacts and not explicitely so go to contacts and set it there.. Its far too early to be adding features to the ROM let's get it stable working condition on all/most of the variants first.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

What exactly is different between your build and bharat's? Any difference for xt1032?

Basically, mine is with changes done to the wifi module since people were complaining about WiFi not working on builds

tzzeri

Oct 15, 2012
The picture for owner is directly set to add only via contacts and not explicitely so go to contacts and set it there.. Its far too early to be adding features to the ROM let's get it stable working condition on all/most of the variants first.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Basically, mine is with changes done to the wifi module since people were complaining about WiFi not working on builds

I haven't had any problems with Wi-Fi, so I guess I'm fine with bharat's. I'm still on 39, I don't see the point of updating every day :).

tzzeri

Oct 15, 2012
Op said that project is nearing completion. After completion, will it still be updated with cm sources?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12 Lollipop
    cyanogenmod-12.jpg

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

Introduction

This build is made pretty much straight from cm sources mixed with commits from everywhere possible to try to address issues related to dual sim and add support for other variants as well.I've been posting my builds on alberto's thread till now and maintain this for a while so as to get some permenant fixes
    Features
    Working:
    • Calls
    • SMS
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • Mobile Data
    • GPS/Geolocation
    • FM Radio
    • Display
    • USB Tethering
    • MTP
    • Camera
    • MultiVariant build support(?)(testing)

Not Working:
    • Hotspot WiFi
    • Dual Sim(?)
    • Who knows?

INSTALLATION DETAILS

-Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery
    1) Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2) Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3) Go to "Recovery" (Vol -) and confirm (Vol +)
    4) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5) Wipe Dalvik cache
    6) Wipe/Format system (Just to be sure )
    7) Install the ROM zip
    8) Install the Gapps zip
    9) Reboot

Downloads
    ROM
    Build Date:13-12-2014
    GAPPS
    Check this page for gapps Package

Credits:
    To anyone testing my buids.

SOURCES
    shall be up soon my build environment is messed up

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM12 Multi Device buils, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    bharat_goku, bharat_goku, deeplyyoung,pico hackr,
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader & custom recovery
    Based On: CM

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Build 42 Onwards
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-31
    Current Beta Version: All builds before bu
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-14

Created 2014-12-13
    Last Updated 2016-01-17
    A little update I have bought a new system it'll take me a day or 2 to setup next build in the new year! Wishing everyone a happy new year :)
    Good news cm seems to have merged all my changes ,should fix dual sim in today's or tomorrow's nightly now I think I'll focus on CDMA ,
    I'll make a new build a little later head is slightly clogged now for ideas,I've implemented most possibilities but not sure where i'm going wrong need to sort it out before i start a new build
    why general section?

For now till i'm sure i've fixed multi variant support