CM6 and apps2ext (not froyo's apps2sd,fat32)

Search This thread

motoman234

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
It's actually very easy:
Install Droid explorer (xda)
C:\Program Files\Droid Explorer\SDK\tools (Run... cmd)

Well thats my problem, my computer is super old and messed up. I cant get administrator access to downloads the proper files for adb. All i can do is download zip files to transfer for my phone lol.

deuse

Apr 5, 2009
Birmingham
Well thats my problem, my computer is super old and messed up. I cant get administrator access to downloads the proper files for adb. All i can do is download zip files to transfer for my phone lol.

Juts make another account and make it Admin. Then use the new account.
If your windows is that bad then I would either use a backup(if you did one) or a fresh install.

motoman234

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Juts make another account and make it Admin. Then use the new account.
If your windows is that bad then I would either use a backup(if you did one) or a fresh install.

Well to create a new account i would have to have admin access. Like a year or so ago this computer was givin to me for that reason lol. Theres a admin account on my computer but i cant get into it. Never could:confused: I wish there was a work around. Ive been messing with android for a long time and not once i have EVER used ADB lol. I would love to, theres so much stuff that i cant do because of this terrible computer.

biosehnsucht

May 7, 2009
Well to create a new account i would have to have admin access. Like a year or so ago this computer was givin to me for that reason lol. Theres a admin account on my computer but i cant get into it. Never could:confused: I wish there was a work around. Ive been messing with android for a long time and not once i have EVER used ADB lol. I would love to, theres so much stuff that i cant do because of this terrible computer.

Find yourself a copy of BartPE with Password Renew in it.

Burn, boot, use password renew to reset the password for any account.

sturmeh

Sep 5, 2009
Sydney
I'm trying this, except when I get to "adb shell a2sd install" it says a2sd: not found.

:\

I had to go to /system/bin before i could run a2sd via ./a2sd, after which it worked.

Last edited:

sturmeh

Sep 5, 2009
Sydney
What's the benefit of this over Froyo's SD implementation?

It's not as good, but coming from <= CM5 you may want to port along your apps.

Also Froyo's SD implementation is supported on an per app basis, but can be forced via CM. Note that dalvik cache is only moved to SD when using legacy a2sd.

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
I will have a try , Thanks..

froyo implementation isn't as good as apps2ext. The froyo method uses the fat32 partition but only if the dev of the app allows it to be moved to the sdcard. plus the apps don't all load on boot because the phone has to mount (prepare)the fat32 partition of the sdcard. This is the reason that many apps are not launching at boot like SetCpu and other root access apps, because the system boots before the sdcard is prepared. This is also the reason why many widgets and apps are missing from the app drawer for a lot of people as well. Cyanogenmod really needs to look at this and think about changing back to the old cm5 way of doing things.

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009
OMG

honestly , do you really need to add 5.1mb of crap to /system to get what should be a simple script running?
and what is /data/a2sd/Vending.apk for?

Awful, just awful

Code:
$ find 
./a2sd-2.7-update3r1-signed.zip
./system
./system/lib
./system/lib/libext2_e2p.so
./system/lib/libext2_profile.so
./system/lib/libext2_com_err.so
./system/lib/libext2fs.so
./system/lib/libext2_blkid.so