[CM7][4G Signal Bars Fix/Hack]

Search This thread

jetnoirz

Feb 3, 2010
Let me start by saying I am by no means a Dev. or close to it. I consider myself an advanced Crack Flasher and thats it. I came across this by accident. Noticed it worked and decided to post it in case it could help the actual Devs pinpoint the Bug.

1.Make sure you in 4G area and that your on CDMA+LTE/EvDo Auto. Then make a phone call. Doesn't matter to whom.
u240k.jpg
vd2Eu.jpg

2.As soon as it connects while still on the call hit Home>Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications go to the "All" tab then find dialer

3. Force Stop the dialer app, confirm that you want to end it and it should end the call and cause you to lose your signal completely
7LVmF.jpg

4.Home>Menu>Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>CDMA/EvDo Auto

5.It should jump to 3G pretty quick and wait for it to connect to google services (Turn Green)

6.Home>Menu>Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>CDMA+LTE/EvDO

7.May take a minute for 4G to show up then it will connect to Google Services (turn green)
FUtzO.jpg

Thats how you get the Signal Bar to work. Unfortunately if you receive a call or make a call it messes up the Hack and your back to square one. I have OCD so im happy to be able to see the bars. No more dumb people asking why I dont have service and trying to explain it.

Reactions: xebryus
G

GuestD1018

I tried this and when my 4G FINALLY came back (after toggling it again) I have green bars!! So I can verify it works.

On a side note: This is the first time I noticed that the bars are green when in a call (before I did the fix).

Last edited:

jetnoirz

Feb 3, 2010
I received a call playing cut the rope that for whatever reason force closed dialer. The i was like WHAAAAA! Green Bars!!! Then i made a call and lost it. I tried re doing the force close with cut the rope but failed until i tried the manual force stop!!!!

Mustang302LX

Feb 28, 2011
Petaluma, CA
Maybe I'm missing something but if you make or receive a call after getting the bars what exactly is the point of doing all this? lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me start by saying I am by no means a Dev. or close to it. I consider myself an advanced Crack Flasher and thats it. I came across this by accident. Noticed it worked and decided to post it in case it could help the actual Devs pinpoint the Bug.

1.Make sure you in 4G area and that your on CDMA+LTE/EvDo Auto. Then make a phone call. Doesn't matter to whom.
    u240k.jpg
    vd2Eu.jpg

2.As soon as it connects while still on the call hit Home>Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications go to the "All" tab then find dialer

3. Force Stop the dialer app, confirm that you want to end it and it should end the call and cause you to lose your signal completely
    7LVmF.jpg

4.Home>Menu>Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>CDMA/EvDo Auto

5.It should jump to 3G pretty quick and wait for it to connect to google services (Turn Green)

6.Home>Menu>Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>CDMA+LTE/EvDO

7.May take a minute for 4G to show up then it will connect to Google Services (turn green)
    FUtzO.jpg

Thats how you get the Signal Bar to work. Unfortunately if you receive a call or make a call it messes up the Hack and your back to square one. I have OCD so im happy to be able to see the bars. No more dumb people asking why I dont have service and trying to explain it.