CM7 Battery Dies and wont turn on

Search This thread

BimmerM3

May 19, 2009
Tonight, for the second time, My droid X2 has died to the point where it wont turn on at all, or charge. Without any warning at all it just dies wont turn on except for the motorola boot logo when plugged into the wall. RSD protocol support says battery is too low to flash. Im not a stranger to this at all, with my previous droid X I had to use a USB chord rigged between the battery and the phone to trick the phone into thinking the battery will charge so that it would SBF, but that method refuses to work with my X2. This is the second time it has died for no reason at all like this. Last time I left it plugged in at the boot screen over night and I assume it charged enough because I could SBF it, so Ill try that again tonight. But I am sick and tired of not being able to simply rely on a rom to not screw my phone up without warning. I could at least solve the problem with my droid X, but I fear Ill be forced to actually purchase a new battery this time just so my phone will turn on even though the battery in it works, but simply wont charge because its dead? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks

takota6

Oct 10, 2010
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Wish I had an answer,,but I'm on board with ya..with this much support and updates on progress,,along with everything that dose not work properly..and then a donation as well??we probably should have stayed with blackberry it palms

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App

iBolski

Maybe it's not the rom. Could be you have a bad battery. Try taking the battery out and check the contacts to see if they are dirty. You can use a pencil eraser to clean them off. Don't touch them with your fingers.

If you've had to do this before, it makes me think it could be your phone or the battery. Has it happened before under a different ROM? I've ran with cm7 for weeks and never had an issue. This is the first I've heard of this happening.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

kenjesse

Jul 15, 2011
Florida
I've had my battery die twice since being on cm7 both times when I plug in to wall charger it boots to BSR, I select reboot now it boots to cm7 and charges. I'd have to agree with others comments that you my have a faulty battery. Sorry I don't have better info...:confused:

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Jaydizz

Oct 11, 2011
Michigan
Yes, my X battery and spare works fine in the X2. My X was replaced by Verizon with the X2, and I never recieved a battery with it.

Sent from Droid X2 running CM7 Beta

I've had my battery die twice since being on cm7 both times when I plug in to wall charger it boots to BSR, I select reboot now it boots to cm7 and charges. I'd have to agree with others comments that you my have a faulty battery. Sorry I don't have better info...:confused:

Ur phone will also charge if it's on the bsr screen just fyi :)

Reactions: kenjesse

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Why don't people realize that this is the "development" forum. You gotta post this kinda stuff in Q & A or General whichever you feel is appropriate. :rolleyes:

Btw, how did BimmerM3 manage to post it here? He has just 1 post!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ur phone will also charge if it's on the bsr screen just fyi :)