• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CM7] Help donate towards having ourselves a maintainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Berzerker7

Jan 17, 2010
Good news everyone! [/Prof. Farnsworth]

The bright and talented cvpcs has offered to be our maintainer for CyanogenMod. All he needs now...is a Bionic!

We *do* have 2nd init working on the Bionic, all we need is to wait for koush to get his Droid 3 and write CWM for that, then we can have it ported over to the Bionic (literally almost exactly the same phone) which should take not more than a week.

SO! We need to get cvpcs a Bionic! We have a paypal setup that he will get the money for the Bionic and anyone and everyone who is willing to donate *any amount* can donate if they please.

Clicky:

Our goal is $630*, to get it straight from Verizon! PM me with how much you donated and I'll put your name on a list in the OP! Thanks to everyone who will donate in advance.

Total so far: $630+ We've reached our goal!

Code:
[b]People who have donated:[/b]

Berzerker7 - $0.13 (so far, just to make it even)
groove9281 - $25
GLiDE-68 - $10
AdamNJ77 - $5
Abradax  - $10
thegreatlarro - $25
rancidcrab - $10
lkhafra - $20 
papi92 - $20
DroidTh3ory - $20
jimmynov - $20
tron101 - $20
92sho16 - $20
iceman6996 - $10
robby88 - $10
Jonny Boy - $5
thedigitaljedi1 - $34.87
ddggttff3 - $15
arcade16  - $10
xojins - $50
ljcorsa - $20
browncoat42 - $25
carpecervisi - $20
tmc896 - $10
deanoe30 - $25
SemperAndroid - $25
minideezel- $20
Xavierdarkness - $10
jphillips.hd88 - $20
cdkg - $25
Omnifox - $10
nlowhor - $35
youngdc - $20
mojonation1487 - $30
psyk0ju - $10
johnocooperca - $25
kykyth - $20

As always, the "official" channel is #droidbionic on freenode, come hang out!

*Including tax

9/11/11 update: CVPCS just wanted me to let you guys know this: This will not be *his* Bionic. It will be the community's. He wants everyone to know that and he also says that if there's ever a time where he cannot be the maintainer anymore, he will gladly hand it over to the next person who wants to maintain it. He's not getting this phone because we're throwing money at him and he wants the phone, he's getting this so he can help the community and for us to be able to run CM7 on our devices.

Last edited:

mikeymop

Aug 15, 2010
I'm reapply happy it's cvps, awesome developer. I'll going to try to get a few bills and borrow someones' Paypal to get some money in

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona
I think a 2nd init ROM on the Bionic is going to be kind of a waste unless you have the extended battery.

I tried CM4DX and I was lucky to get 10 hours out of a full charge. Installed ApeX RC3 and was getting 16+ hours on a full charge.

My Bionic is currently giving me about 10 hours of usage without switching off 4G, so I'm guessing that would be about 6 hours on a 2nd init ROM.

I hope I'm wrong... good luck guys!

idefiler6

May 16, 2011
CT
I was getting 16+ on CM4D2 Froyo and GB, with GPS always on and normal usage. Let's try to keep the thread on topic, though.

92sho16

Jun 30, 2010
Syracuse
Donated 20 this morning. Cant wait for these beast to have CM7, finally got it on my DX enjoyed it for a few months then got a Charge and missed CM7 instantly.

Berzerker7

Jan 17, 2010
Thanks to everyone who's donated so far! Just hit the $300 mark (about)!

Also, see the OP for an update and a message from cvpcs himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news everyone! [/Prof. Farnsworth]

The bright and talented cvpcs has offered to be our maintainer for CyanogenMod. All he needs now...is a Bionic!

We *do* have 2nd init working on the Bionic, all we need is to wait for koush to get his Droid 3 and write CWM for that, then we can have it ported over to the Bionic (literally almost exactly the same phone) which should take not more than a week.

SO! We need to get cvpcs a Bionic! We have a paypal setup that he will get the money for the Bionic and anyone and everyone who is willing to donate *any amount* can donate if they please.

Clicky:

Our goal is $630*, to get it straight from Verizon! PM me with how much you donated and I'll put your name on a list in the OP! Thanks to everyone who will donate in advance.

Total so far: $630+ We've reached our goal!

Code:
    [b]People who have donated:[/b]

Berzerker7 - $0.13 (so far, just to make it even)
    groove9281 - $25
    GLiDE-68 - $10
    AdamNJ77 - $5
    Abradax  - $10
    thegreatlarro - $25
    rancidcrab - $10
    lkhafra - $20 
    papi92 - $20
    DroidTh3ory - $20
    jimmynov - $20
    tron101 - $20
    92sho16 - $20
    iceman6996 - $10
    robby88 - $10
    Jonny Boy - $5
    thedigitaljedi1 - $34.87
    ddggttff3 - $15
    arcade16  - $10
    xojins - $50
    ljcorsa - $20
    browncoat42 - $25
    carpecervisi - $20
    tmc896 - $10
    deanoe30 - $25
    SemperAndroid - $25
    minideezel- $20
    Xavierdarkness - $10
    jphillips.hd88 - $20
    cdkg - $25
    Omnifox - $10
    nlowhor - $35
    youngdc - $20
    mojonation1487 - $30
    psyk0ju - $10
    johnocooperca - $25
    kykyth - $20

As always, the "official" channel is #droidbionic on freenode, come hang out!

*Including tax

9/11/11 update: CVPCS just wanted me to let you guys know this: This will not be *his* Bionic. It will be the community's. He wants everyone to know that and he also says that if there's ever a time where he cannot be the maintainer anymore, he will gladly hand it over to the next person who wants to maintain it. He's not getting this phone because we're throwing money at him and he wants the phone, he's getting this so he can help the community and for us to be able to run CM7 on our devices.
    You all should consider asking Edgan or eval- from XDA for a 2nd-init port from other Motorola devices. I know they both worked on the Atrix and Photon 2nd-init stuff.
    We did this a long time ago. We're just waiting until CWM gets ported before we release it into the wild.
    i just did the click root. and i thought it was going to boot-up with cm7? i nguess the question i am asking is where can i go and get a custom ROM?

I'm sorry but this made me lol. A lot. Custom ROM's aren't available yet. Just keep checking back in the forum. At least you didn't start an unnecessary thread.
    Well the way i read it was going to start up in CM7?? SOOO???? is it? or isnt it supposed too boot up into CM7? I know that I'm not a techno Geek so if can just get the facts...please....

CM 7 is not available for the bionic yet. The 1 click root just gives root access to your phone. It leaves everything else stock. To get roms you also need to install the recovery so that when roms are available you will be able to flash them from that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Be patient ladies. There is a source repository floating around for the bionic but it's still very far from completion. This use also source code so you would need to have extensive knowledge to even test it. No links because I don't know if they want to release it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk