CM9 ICS INFO/ Links with GAPPS v11 and Screenshots for your convenience [Alpha 2]

Search This thread

sprice5

Jul 26, 2010
Houston, TX
Get the CM9 ROM and ACME Installer from dalingrin's thread
Here

GAPPS v11 - Here

Nova Launcher - Here

CyanogenMod 9 Music - Here

Chainfire 3D - Here

LCD Density Modder - Here

Not Working:

Microphone
Camera
Some Market Apks
Most of the hardware problems from CM7
Gapps intended for CM7/Gingerbread. USE GAPPS ABOVE
USB file transfers use MTP or PTP in Ice Cream Sandwich

HOW TO UPDATE

1. Use AcmeInstaller2 that is in the Link above to dalingrin's post. Use exactly as you did previously with CM7.

2. Place CM9 Alpha0 on your SD card. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery. Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Install the zip from SD card. Reboot.

Enjoy!

Coming from Web OS?

Follow the instructions in THIS VIDEO. Then use one of the 2 methods as described above.

More information on a Triboot coming soon. (Option of booting CM9, CM7, or Web OS).

I chose to do a full wipe in CWM and flash the Rom afterwards. I haven't had any real issues thus far and have been very pleased using it.

Last edited:

sprice5

Jul 26, 2010
Houston, TX
Screenshots

aR8WT.png

JmpFU.png

eL6Mz.png

fGm4z.png

More
http://imgur.com/a/4b0iB

Last edited:

sprice5

Jul 26, 2010
Houston, TX
Please do not copy/paste my thread from rootzwiki. I have no problem with links to the original thread but please do not copy/paste the content.

Also would prefer no direct links to binary files. I do not want to have to worry about 3rd parties updating their links when I change things.

Roger, will revise. Thanks again dalingrin for all your hard work.

sprice5

Jul 26, 2010
Houston, TX
so just to be clear, you can update from custom recovery but there will be "troubles"........only if you do not do a data wipe? or troubles regardless?

if you install via cwm do a full wipe to avoid any trouble. Like I said it has been running great for me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
if you install via cwm do a full wipe to avoid any trouble. Like I said it has been running great for me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

thanks. i prefer the recovery method(what i'm accustomed to). i would do a full wipe anyway but i just wanted to verify that there aren't other issues when doing it this way. i can't see why there would be but it just sounded weird.

Nathanation

Mar 22, 2011
Farnham
thanks. i prefer the recovery method(what i'm accustomed to). i would do a full wipe anyway but i just wanted to verify that there aren't other issues when doing it this way. i can't see why there would be but it just sounded weird.

So just to verify reboot to CWM wipe cache, wipe dalvik, full wipe, choose CM9 update zip and reboot.

I presume there is no need to format user data "SD card" partion??

Also has anyone tried Mybackup Root instead of titanium??

sprice5

Jul 26, 2010
Houston, TX
So just to verify reboot to CWM wipe cache, wipe dalvik, full wipe, choose CM9 update zip and reboot.

That's not dalingrin's preferred method but that's what I have done and everything has been smooth. Make sure that you wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe dalvik. Flash. Reboot.

zrzhu

Oct 22, 2011
so just to be clear, you can update from custom recovery but there will be "troubles"........only if you do not do a data wipe? or troubles regardless?

As far as I read, if you do full wipe, then flash it thru CMW, you won't have any problem. I'm not sure about it.

irule9000

Dec 5, 2010
Boston, MA
the Google apps on the ics apps flash are tablet apps, I beleive (but am not sure) that the framework these google apps are built on are so different from that of the gingerbread ones that only the ics apps will work

sprice5

Jul 26, 2010
Houston, TX
What's the difference between your gapps and gapps-ics-20111125-2.zip from goo-inside.me There's is double the size.

This is what is included in the gapps in the OP:

BrowserGoogle.apk
CalendarGoogle.apk
CalendarProvider.apk
CameraGoogle.apk
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
DeskClockGoogle.apk
EmailGoogle.apk
ExchangeGoogle.apk
FaceLock.apk
GalleryGoogle.apk
GenieWidget.apk
Gmail.apk
GoogleBackupTransport.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleEarth.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GooglePackageVerifier.apk
GooglePackageVerifierUpdater.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
GoogleTTS.apk
LatinImeGoogle.apk
Maps.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
MediaUploader.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
NfcGoogle.apk
OneTimeInitializer.apk
SetupWizard.apk
TagGoogle.apk
Talk.apk
Vending.apk
VideoEditorGoogle.apk
VoiceDialer.apk
VoiceSearch.apk
YouTube.apk
Wallet.apk

theronkinator

Apr 16, 2011
I just downloaded it and no google earth in it and a few others. This is my comparison results:
All other files are the same, just different versions, this is the ones not present:

bc4fa3eb.jpg

jayb222

Jan 27, 2009
New York

My backup pro & root worked flawlessly. My apps were restored with no problems.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Reactions: Nathanation

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please do not copy/paste my thread from rootzwiki. I have no problem with links to the original thread but please do not copy/paste the content.

Also would prefer no direct links to binary files. I do not want to have to worry about 3rd parties updating their links when I change things.
    Get the CM9 ROM and ACME Installer from dalingrin's thread
    Here

GAPPS v11 - Here

Nova Launcher - Here

CyanogenMod 9 Music - Here

Chainfire 3D - Here

LCD Density Modder - Here

Not Working:

Microphone
    Camera
    Some Market Apks
    Most of the hardware problems from CM7
    Gapps intended for CM7/Gingerbread. USE GAPPS ABOVE
    USB file transfers use MTP or PTP in Ice Cream Sandwich

HOW TO UPDATE

1. Use AcmeInstaller2 that is in the Link above to dalingrin's post. Use exactly as you did previously with CM7.

2. Place CM9 Alpha0 on your SD card. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery. Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Install the zip from SD card. Reboot.

Enjoy!

Coming from Web OS?

Follow the instructions in THIS VIDEO. Then use one of the 2 methods as described above.

More information on a Triboot coming soon. (Option of booting CM9, CM7, or Web OS).

I chose to do a full wipe in CWM and flash the Rom afterwards. I haven't had any real issues thus far and have been very pleased using it.
    Roger, will revise. Thanks again dalingrin for all your hard work.

no worries, thanks for understanding.
    For anyone who would like to see the performance of the ROM before upgrading/downloading :)