CM9 ICS INFO/ Links with GAPPS v11 and Screenshots for your convenience [Alpha 2]

Search This thread

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
It looks like some videos work for HW decoding and others don't. Am I the only one with this or is it simply because I'm using MX video player? I experience no problem with HW decoding when playing in dice on the other hand.

The answer to your question seems to vary by who you ask, so I've heard people say it works always or only with some movie etc.. Best solution is at least for now just use dice player for videos that don't want to use hw decoding as I am yet to find a video that dice won't hw decode with.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

It looks like some videos work for HW decoding and others don't. Am I the only one with this or is it simply because I'm using MX video player? I experience no problem with HW decoding when playing in dice on the other hand.

I play my video-files off LAN, so my experience is limited to BSPlayer, but it is either able to play the whole video in HW mode or occasionally it switches to SW mode half-way thru (I'm guessing because of the connectivity issues more than anything else).

mainstang

May 4, 2008
Coming from CM7 do I install CM9 A2 just like i did on CM7.
I read that we are supposed to use ACMEUninstaller?
Or does this ACMEInstaller 2 just wipe everything as it installs?
Also in the CMInstall folder do I just need gapps and CM9 because I have CWM and Moboot already?

Stroid01

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta,GA
Also in the CMInstall folder do I just need gapps and CM9 because I have CWM and Moboot already?

You can do it two ways..

1. Put update zip on root of sdcard...wipe dalvick,cache, system...flash rom and gapps using CWM.

2. Prefered method according to CM9 team is place update file and gapps in cminstall folder and flash through acmeinstaller.

I personally used method 2 as I prefer a clean install using the suggested method. Although i do subsequent updates using cwm.

Paso876

Oct 31, 2010
New York

I just used acmeinstaller2 & did the same process like installing cm7....& didnt bother with acme uninstaller. Its fine to put just cm9 & gapps in the folder, just make sure its the latest gapps, v11 i think

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly

Well, I am not quite sure what is the method the devs recommend for this latest release.
I was ready to use the acmeinstaller but chose to flash the rom and the gapps v11 via CWM instead. So far 0 problems. Of course, I did the mandatory data, cache and Dalvik wipes and so far my TP is running awesome! Way better than the A.6 I had. I skipped the A1 since A2 was so quick to come out.
Anyway, I don't think it's that critical now which method you use. Either one seems to work just the same. That's my 2 cents...

jonen

Jan 11, 2011
Is anyone else experiencing their touchpad just shutting down when you try to reboot?

wondering if im supposed to flash a fix or anything

sean is here.

Mar 11, 2010
Southampton, UK
Is anyone else experiencing their touchpad just shutting down when you try to reboot?

wondering if im supposed to flash a fix or anything

I think it has been noted. You can use the other shutdown method (I don't remember which caused it, but there are 2 or more methods) i.e. if it happens with a long press of the power button, use the notification power widget or vice versa.

DNak206

Dec 3, 2008
Mine works. Did you go in Settings -> Storage -> Advanced -> USB Computer Connection and enable MTP? With this done my Win7Pro detects it, loads the driver, and mounts it in My Computer.

Where are you finding Advanced under Storage? I only see Internal and SD Card with their own respective areas, no Advanced or way to get into USB settings..

***Disregard, I located***

Last edited:

ATZ-007

Sep 7, 2009
London
Xiaomi Poco F3
Can't play YouTube :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-01-23-25-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-01-23-25-28.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 434
Apr 4, 2009
Headphone Audio

Am I completely in the dark on a fix for audio while using headphones? Or is it like the older alpha builds of android where it stopped working on one of the releases? Please let me know, I would love to have that use back

darknight88

Jul 31, 2010

I get this too but instead the video duration thing skips to the end and I can't watch the video unless I click on the expand/full screen button. Then it loads n plays.

This is when using Browser + and mobile view.

If I go to desktop view, I have to click on 'dl' icon aka down looking icon to play the video. That means that my flash is working properly.

macpat83

Feb 24, 2010
I can't install cm9 music. Getting "An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed."

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please do not copy/paste my thread from rootzwiki. I have no problem with links to the original thread but please do not copy/paste the content.

Also would prefer no direct links to binary files. I do not want to have to worry about 3rd parties updating their links when I change things.
    Get the CM9 ROM and ACME Installer from dalingrin's thread
    Here

GAPPS v11 - Here

Nova Launcher - Here

CyanogenMod 9 Music - Here

Chainfire 3D - Here

LCD Density Modder - Here

Not Working:

Microphone
    Camera
    Some Market Apks
    Most of the hardware problems from CM7
    Gapps intended for CM7/Gingerbread. USE GAPPS ABOVE
    USB file transfers use MTP or PTP in Ice Cream Sandwich

HOW TO UPDATE

1. Use AcmeInstaller2 that is in the Link above to dalingrin's post. Use exactly as you did previously with CM7.

2. Place CM9 Alpha0 on your SD card. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery. Wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Install the zip from SD card. Reboot.

Enjoy!

Coming from Web OS?

Follow the instructions in THIS VIDEO. Then use one of the 2 methods as described above.

More information on a Triboot coming soon. (Option of booting CM9, CM7, or Web OS).

I chose to do a full wipe in CWM and flash the Rom afterwards. I haven't had any real issues thus far and have been very pleased using it.
    Roger, will revise. Thanks again dalingrin for all your hard work.

no worries, thanks for understanding.
    For anyone who would like to see the performance of the ROM before upgrading/downloading :)