CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

neuty

Apr 7, 2012
Chicagoland
Found these things with the stable release so far:

Volume gets lowered automatically- only way to fix this is to reboot that i know of.
Unlock screen stops working, it doesn't prompt to unlock.

dragonflight

Dec 6, 2011
Experiences with the "Stable" release:

-Random reboots
--Sometimes from LG screen all the way, most of the time just from CM9 loader
-Launcher crashes (pretty frequent)
-Digitizer lockup (pretty frequent)
-Random apps are quitting out- Twitter, Google Talk and Gmail have all done it to me

Stable, in my case, seems to be a misnomer

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
Experiences with the "Stable" release:

-Random reboots
--Sometimes from LG screen all the way, most of the time just from CM9 loader
-Launcher crashes (pretty frequent)
-Digitizer lockup (pretty frequent)
-Random apps are quitting out- Twitter, Google Talk and Gmail have all done it to me

Stable, in my case, seems to be a misnomer

This is stable as in "there are no outstanding blocker issues open". And there still aren't any.

neuty

Apr 7, 2012
Chicagoland
8/15 nightly Bugs:

Phone softboots when receiving phone calls (random)
Battery drains at 10% per hour at certain times, other times its fine (when compared to RC10 *using Hyperion Battery
Phone gets hot (something that RC1 rarely did)
GPS gets stuck repeating the name of the same street

Good thing about this nightly is that the browser search bar in Google no longer goes crazy like in RC1

RC1 keeps being the best for me, i could use notifications for the touch light, was stable, no reboots.
After downgrading to RC1, superuser stopped working and i cant use root priviliges, im stuck with having to use the latest nightly :(

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
8/15 nightly Bugs:

Phone softboots when receiving phone calls (random)
Battery drains at 10% per hour at certain times, other times its fine (when compared to RC10 *using Hyperion Battery
Phone gets hot (something that RC1 rarely did)
GPS gets stuck repeating the name of the same street

Good thing about this nightly is that the browser search bar in Google no longer goes crazy like in RC1

RC1 keeps being the best for me, i could use notifications for the touch light, was stable, no reboots.
After downgrading to RC1, superuser stopped working and i cant use root priviliges, im stuck with having to use the latest nightly :(

Format system (in CWM) before flashing RC1 and it should work fine. You'll have to reflash gapps after that.

Reactions: neuty

neuty

Apr 7, 2012
Chicagoland
Thanks Drumist. I tried it but it didn't work. I also found out the phone wont recognize my mp3 files or pictures... Tried formatting my sd card and it didnt work either. Going to data wipe next.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks Drumist. I tried it but it didn't work. I also found out the phone wont recognize my mp3 files or pictures... Tried formatting my sd card and it didnt work either. Going to data wipe next.

Ah, I didn't realize you weren't wiping data. I dunno if RC1 and the latest nightlies are the same version of Android. Generally if the Android version number changes at all (e.g., 4.0.3 to 4.0.4), you MIGHT need to do a clean install to avoid issues.

neuty

Apr 7, 2012
Chicagoland
Okay so i wiped everything started fresh, now superuser works.

But i have a BIG PROBLEM, my media players (even apollo) and gallery/quickpic(except for show hidden) cant view any files. Can anyone help me find out whats wrong or how i can fix this? i am able to play files from root, but from from my players or gallery...

Hutch89

Jun 3, 2012
Kansas City, Mo
Okay so i wiped everything started fresh, now superuser works.

But i have a BIG PROBLEM, my media players (even apollo) and gallery/quickpic(except for show hidden) cant view any files. Can anyone help me find out whats wrong or how i can fix this? i am able to play files from root, but from from my players or gallery...

Try updating rom manager. I read in a thread (forgot which one) that rom manager was causing this to happen to people

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

neuty

Apr 7, 2012
Chicagoland
Update: its not apps or anything, i tried putting a different SD card and it read files fine. So i need to find a program that can properly reformat SD cards. Suggestions?
Update 2: I formatted the sd card again (quick formatted this time) and i loaded an mp3. Looks like its working now... THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP! : )

Btw: updating ROM manager didn't do anything

FOUND THE SOLUTION: Pretty dumb of me... But i had this file called .nomedia- no idea how it got there. I just deleted it from the sd card and things worked again. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: aquariuz23

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Update: its not apps or anything, i tried putting a different SD card and it read files fine. So i need to find a program that can properly reformat SD cards. Suggestions?
Update 2: I formatted the sd card again (quick formatted this time) and i loaded an mp3. Looks like its working now... THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP! : )

Btw: updating ROM manager didn't do anything

FOUND THE SOLUTION: Pretty dumb of me... But i had this file called .nomedia- no idea how it got there. I just deleted it from the sd card and things worked again. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Rom Manager caused that file to be there. "The more you know" lol, glad you found it out yourself!

Lol, I read Neuty's post first regarding the .nomedia file so I gave it a shot. After a couple of reboots, everything came back to normal! All my ringtones r there too. Thanks man! And malnilion, thanks for informing about ROM manager! Its funny though cuz I've already have version 5.0.1.5, which is not even on play yet (v5.0.1.4) n I didn't even use ROM manager to flash anything. So its kinda weird.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

neuty

Apr 7, 2012
Chicagoland
Looks like ive bricked my phone...volume stopped working. Im so sad im honestly ready to cry... ill try unbricking it god why does this happen to me...

neuty

Apr 7, 2012
Chicagoland
Well im all back to normal, i didnt lose root which was the most important so the unbricking was just the loading the 5 images back. I little part of me died lol. Not sure how it got so sluggish and laggy, but it could be bc of swapping sd cards

To the question about the RC's, RC's tend to be more stable, and nightlies can be less stable due to the fact that they arent tested too well.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Well im all back to normal, i didnt lose root which was the most important so the unbricking was just the loading the 5 images back. I little part of me died lol. Not sure how it got so sluggish and laggy, but it could be bc of swapping sd cards

To the question about the RC's, RC's tend to be more stable, and nightlies can be less stable due to the fact that they arent tested too well.

Aha! Again swapping SD cards has caused a super laggy brick. Why is this??

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP