• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CMod and photo quality

Search This thread

Mambobuzzz

Mar 13, 2011
Hi,

I was wondering if the photo quality of a XZ with CyanogenMod stays the same or gets any worse ?
The Sony photo application won't be available with it any more right ? Can the default CM photo application provide the same photo quality ?

Thx,

Mambobuzzz

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
Depends on how you define photo quality. I know the stock camera app in CM compresses the photos less, so they are about 3MB per 13MP photo.

Mambobuzzz

Mar 13, 2011
Hmmm, just overall. When u compare both picture, are those from CMod any better/worse than the ones from the stock rom app ? Is this focal application in CMod now available ?

pimmytizzle

Mar 17, 2013
Hmmm, just overall. When u compare both picture, are those from CMod any better/worse than the ones from the stock rom app ? Is this focal application in CMod now available ?

I found image quality to be better then stock. I didn't like the processing that stock added to images. Was happy with CM.

Yes it has Focal too.

Mambobuzzz

Mar 13, 2011
Okay. Sounds good. Is focal now stable ? As I did test it some months ago, it didn't alllow 16/9 pictures. Only 13mpx 4/3 full size picture.