Question CN Rom "overwrite" with Global ROM

Search This thread

mariostjr

Oct 6, 2011
Good Morning
To sync your Gmail contacts you need to download "google contacts Sync apk" from the web.
The idea of overwriting the global version with Funtouch OS is a very good one. However Origin OS works fine with the latest Vivo updates.
Just run adb to disable Chinese bloatware.

The only thing I really miss is Android Auto and that the preloaded application cloning app (Settings / Applications and permissions / Application cloning) is compatible with WhatsApp.
The latter I could solve with WhatsApp Business.
The Android Auto bug with the floating window permissions I could also fix it using adb but unfortunately there is no connection with the vehicle's infotainment system.

Has anyone got a solution?
Greetings
I managed to get it working, downloaded last full rom from recovery using wifi and did a factory reset. The problem was i downloaded google play apk form web (i think). With the last rom clean, i downloaded the google play from vivo app store and then managed to get google contacts working.

daib39

May 9, 2021
I managed to get it working, downloaded last full rom from recovery using wifi and did a factory reset. The problem was i downloaded google play apk form web (i think). With the last rom clean, i downloaded the google play from vivo app store and then managed to get google contacts working.
Glad to hear you fixed it.
With the google contacts sync apk that can be downloaded from mirror, problem solved anyway.

Could you share if the method you used also works with Android Auto?

It could be a problem with Google services.

I can't establish a connection.

Thanks

astrofahim

Apr 28, 2021
Vivo X60 Pro+
ASUS ZenFone 8
I spent almost 5 hrs yesterday tried to flash from CN ROM, Origin OS to Global ROM, FunTouch OS. I used several methods including AFTool, QFIL, and QPST tool. None of them succeed.

AFTool - failed to flash because missing Fastboot batch file in the global firmware.

QFIL - failed to flash because, Qualcomm Driver 9808 not detected.

QPTS - failed to flash because, Qualcomm Driver 9808 not detected.

I like Origin OS but the reason I want to change to FunTouch OS is because Origin OS didn't come with Google Mobile Seevice package. In fact, 'Hey Google' also didn't worked out.

Last edited:

Eric-Mod

Jun 26, 2012
Austria
All we need is probably a custom recovery and a unlocked Bootloader to flash the zip file. I also wrote several EMail to Vivo global but I get an automated Answer everytime, probably sending an EMail to vivo in china would be more helpful maybe. I'm also out of ideas. :rolleyes:

The only thing I did, is compared both Installer-scripts from the global and china Firmware. The script checks first the modelnumber which is, of course different. Maybe changing the Installer-script modelnumber of the global Firmware to the china modelnumber could be the key.

razor07b7

May 19, 2021
File name split xxx.tar.gz flash via AFTOOL version have mode: fastboot 9008.

example aftool > 5.1.18 load untar folder and set to the mode fastboot 9008. Phone in the fastboot mode will be unlock and switch to edl 9008 and next flashing rom.

example other vivo phone

Last edited:

deggial77

Aug 28, 2017
File name split xxx.tar.gz flash via AFTOOL version have mode: fastboot 9008.

example aftool > 5.1.18 load untar folder and set to the mode fastboot 9008. Phone in the fastboot mode will be unlock and switch to edl 9008 and next flashing rom.

example other vivo phone
Yeah. Bautiful. But show me working AFTool.

deggial77

Aug 28, 2017
All we need is probably a custom recovery and a unlocked Bootloader to flash the zip file. I also wrote several EMail to Vivo global but I get an automated Answer everytime, probably sending an EMail to vivo in china would be more helpful maybe. I'm also out of ideas. :rolleyes:

The only thing I did, is compared both Installer-scripts from the global and china Firmware. The script checks first the modelnumber which is, of course different. Maybe changing the Installer-script modelnumber of the global Firmware to the china modelnumber could be the key.
Changing scripts does not change anything. After that you get cheksum or something error.
I have even tried changing files and the name of files, still does not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just tried to flash that global rom from india and unsuccessful too. Recovery dont accept global rom and Im having problems with google contacts sync, cant get it to work.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 14.12.35.jpeg