Question CN Rom "overwrite" with Global ROM

Search This thread

dblnnn

Apr 13, 2021
Vivo X60 Pro+
After some hours of searching, there it is:
A download of the global/indian FuntouchOS ROM:

So who can help us to flash this ROM?

Here is the tutorial. Didn't try that. If anyone tries, please give some feedback

Eric-Mod

Jun 26, 2012
Austria
I downloaded it on my phone and tried installing through the file Manager but IT says "parsing error". Trying from the Recovery also seems not possible, at least I guess, I pressed the Install Update Button, can't read Chinese. :D

Iluminatus23

May 11, 2011
Two translated Screens as an Attachment.
Someone told me that you have to flash the chinese Version first within the recovery and then the indian.
Could you try that?
But for the chinese Version you need an vpn to the vivo.cn
IMG-20210417-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20210417-WA0016.jpg

Eric-Mod

Jun 26, 2012
Austria
vivo Support isn't giving me any help, advice or whatsoever, just some automated answers from their own FAQ. Was expected, but I tried. :cautious:

Keiz74

Dec 11, 2016
Vivo X60 Pro+
Hi,
I have tried the same thing, with same results ... not working. All I can say is that the chinese version of the ROM is not available on the chinese Vivo website, don't know why.
Do you want to change in order to test the Funtouch OS, or for some other reason ?

Eric-Mod

Jun 26, 2012
Austria
For me, I just dont wanna "test" Funtouch OS, I think its much better for an European User since Google Services arent really supported in Origin OS.

Keiz74

Dec 11, 2016
Vivo X60 Pro+
I want to grab the chinese firmware in order to try rooting by flashing Magisk Patched Boot Image using Fastboot. Not sure this may work, though I want to give it a try at least.
Hope the chinese firmware will be available soon ...

daib39

May 9, 2021
Just tried to flash that global rom from india and unsuccessful too. Recovery dont accept global rom and Im having problems with google contacts sync, cant get it to work.

View attachment 5302525
Good Morning
To sync your Gmail contacts you need to download "google contacts Sync apk" from the web.
The idea of overwriting the global version with Funtouch OS is a very good one. However Origin OS works fine with the latest Vivo updates.
Just run adb to disable Chinese bloatware.

The only thing I really miss is Android Auto and that the preloaded application cloning app (Settings / Applications and permissions / Application cloning) is compatible with WhatsApp.
The latter I could solve with WhatsApp Business.
The Android Auto bug with the floating window permissions I could also fix it using adb but unfortunately there is no connection with the vehicle's infotainment system.

Has anyone got a solution?
Greetings

Reactions: sankory

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just tried to flash that global rom from india and unsuccessful too. Recovery dont accept global rom and Im having problems with google contacts sync, cant get it to work.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 14.12.35.jpeg

View attachment 5302525
    Good Morning
    To sync your Gmail contacts you need to download "google contacts Sync apk" from the web.
    The idea of overwriting the global version with Funtouch OS is a very good one. However Origin OS works fine with the latest Vivo updates.
    Just run adb to disable Chinese bloatware.

The only thing I really miss is Android Auto and that the preloaded application cloning app (Settings / Applications and permissions / Application cloning) is compatible with WhatsApp.
    The latter I could solve with WhatsApp Business.
    The Android Auto bug with the floating window permissions I could also fix it using adb but unfortunately there is no connection with the vehicle's infotainment system.

Has anyone got a solution?
    Greetings