General CN version hardware does not support 5g in the US

Search This thread

olkitu

Apr 7, 2015
Finland
truong.fi
i submitted the file using your webpage

Thanks I have parsed 4G & 5G Carrier Aggregation combinations.

Here link: https://cacombos.com/device/M2102K1C

So in my city i finally found 1 place where i had 4G+ on global but now only 4G but same speed so it really doesnt matter so yeah some CA combos may be missing but most importantly 5G is working perfectly

Yes 5G is enabled by default any network in Xiaomi but 4G combinations are not good in Europe. But only works here if tower have B1 or B3 as anchor.

Jhonxs

• Apr 15, 2013
    Hi guys,

Does flashing the official global/eea rom ( official xiaomi using the official fastboot tool ) updates also the modem function ( band aggregation etc. ) just like a normal global unit ?

Thanks !

olkitu

Apr 7, 2015
    Finland
    truong.fi
    Not true. Band 41 is used by t-mobile and sprint. CN versions gets 5g on tmobile and sprint fine.

Yes LTE works mostly fine but some low band support missing like B71 so could have some issue countryside. Also no Carrier Aggregation in US.

n41 5G may not work because Mi 11 Ultra doesn't support 4G anchor band used in US. If device and network have enabled 5G SA then u can able connect 5G network but maybe better still buy US device what have better support for US networks than this Chinese device.

Hi guys,

Does flashing the official global/eea rom ( official xiaomi using the official fastboot tool ) updates also the modem function ( band aggregation etc. ) just like a normal global unit ?

Thanks !

Free to test but I think it doesn't change anything.

linnil

• Mar 9, 2012
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    Yes LTE works mostly fine but some low band support missing like B71 so could have some issue countryside. Also no Carrier Aggregation in US.

n41 5G may not work because Mi 11 Ultra doesn't support 4G anchor band used in US. If device and network have enabled 5G SA then u can able connect 5G network but maybe better still buy US device what have better support for US networks than this Chinese device.

Free to test but I think it doesn't change anything.
    Yes. I think for me personally 5g is not that attractive either way. I am totally fine with 4G LTE at least for a few more years

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hey guys. Just to let you in on my experience with 5G, although I live in Europe, România.
      Had the CN Mi 11 until yesterday. I use 2 sim cards, one from Digi, one from Orange. Digi worked fine in 5g. Although, by specs, the CN fully supports all the 5g bands needed (mostly referring to N1 for orange), I never got 5g on orange. And we have full city coverage. 4G+ also doesn't work.
      Got the global version yesterday, same bands on paper, and what do you know. Immediately 5G, 4G+, everything working fine.
      One more thing about the CN version. I used it both CN original rom and with Xiaomi.eu rom.
      On the CN rom, the 5G icon used to appear where there was 5G coverage, but the connection itself was 4G. In the first week I didn't even have 5G activated on my sim, and it was still showing 5G. Some weird trick to induce people in error? :)
      On a local forum, everyone has the same issue, CN version won't work on 5G, global yes. Same bands, I guess different modem settings. Someone flashed the global rom on it, but still same result.
      So to put it short, in România, with orange operator, CN version doesn't do 5G, not even 4G+, global works fine.
      You can always use this website to check this (this is where I was able to confirm it's working fine in Europe :)): https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi-11
      Another thing that bothered me and made me sell it and get the global version, was the feedback that the CN Mi 11 didn't get 5G on orange even with the global rom, which should change the modem files as well.
      Although they are under the same N78 band, It should be noted that NR-ARFCN(the number chain that corresponds to a specific frequency) range may actually be different on different versions of the same hardware. That's why Galaxy S10 5G sold in South Korea doesn't work on 5G networks of China Unicom and China Telecom even though the phone supports N78 band that is implemented by those two carriers. I assume that's the same reason that you don't get 5G on some carriers even though they use the NR band that the phone supports.

All above is my personal thoughts, the truth may differ from that.
      Let me know if I am wrong.
      Although they are under the same N78 band, It should be noted that NR-ARFCN(the number chain that corresponds to a specific frequency) range may actually be different on different versions of the same hardware. That's why Galaxy S10 5G sold in South Korea doesn't work on 5G networks of China Unicom and China Telecom even though the phone supports N78 band that is implemented by those two carriers. I assume that's the same reason that you don't get 5G on some carriers even though they use the NR band that the phone supports.

All above is my personal thoughts, the truth may differ from that.
      Let me know if I am wrong.

That is not case - there is Carrier Policy what enables 5G-support specific Carrier. This is common almost every device sold. To make sure device work in home device, don't buy another market device.

I have made cacombos.com website to list supported combinations. It help you to check device support all EN_DC combinations used by your network.

That's not what I wanted to see...I'm thinking of importing Mi 11 Pro to Europe but 5G is important for me

Think twice... Global model support more 4G and 5G combinations than Chinese model.

https://cacombos.com/device/M2012K11C (China)
      https://cacombos.com/device/M2011K2G (Europe or Global)
      Nice - would you like contribute to me log from your device? I like to see what combinations 11 Ultra support. Instructions available in cacombos.com/contribute -> Xiaomi section.
      Will surely do when I get home