• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Cnet Prizefight-Prime vs. Ipad 2

Search This thread

xGary

Jul 15, 2010
1) Lack of widescreen is an advantage...
2) "The OS we will be personal preference but we gave the win to iPad because we are dumb"
3) "Basically, the TFP has better camera/video/screen than the iPad but this round is a tie cause IDK why"

The iPad is a nice device but the points they bring up and compare are so dumb.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
That b.s. Comparison..lol they gave ipa2 rounds where prime clearly outshined it. 4.4 to 4.5 my a+-..lol prime clearly won

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

2) "The OS we will be personal preference but we gave the win to iPad because we are dumb"
3) "Basically, the TFP has better camera/video/screen than the iPad but this round is a tie cause IDK why"

exactly......

wifesabitch

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
In "Value" they compare the 16GB version of the iPad 2 to the 32GB of the Prime, makes no sense.
They should compare apples to apples, the 32GB wifi of the Prime is $499 and the 32GB wifi of the iPad 2 is $619.

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Yeah, I did not get how the Ipad 2 won when they mentioned that the prime had a better camera, multimedia etc...I believe that the Prime won this prizefight hands down...despite it's issues, I just love the smoothness, color display, speed and size of this tablet!

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Also, most of the professional review sites that do these comparisons actually give the win to the Prime. Let's not forget, the original Ipad and the O.S. had its share of software issues also, but now its much better. This will be the same with ICS and Nvidia..once all the kinks are worked out, things will be MUCH better(GPS issues not counting) :)

rand33099

Dec 18, 2010

Oh, and send your Prime in for an RMA wait 21 day's for bad wifi and bluetooth and get one back that has worse wifi, bluetooth and oh yea it also freezes and locks up!!!! ( DING DING)

rand33099

Dec 18, 2010
Troll Award! DING DING!!! :D

TROLL, dont think so.......Just stating the truth my friend. Not saying one company is better than the other. Just pissed at this device I cant use thats all......

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

You beat me to this! We all know the tab has issues, and Asus has been working to try and fix it..no need to rpeat this over and over again. Even with the issues that some users are having, it is still a great tablet.

My point is I cannot say its great, not trying to start anything maybe you have a good working tablet I do not so don't start stuff just cause someone says something negative. Believe me I try to like it .

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
TROLL, dont think so.......Just stating the truth my friend. Not saying one company is better than the other. Just pissed at this device I cant use thats all......

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

My point is I cannot say its great, not trying to start anything maybe you have a good working tablet I do not so don't start stuff just cause someone says something negative. Believe me I try to like it .

What exactly happened with your device? Is it unusable at all right now? If you sent it in for RMA b4, send it back. If they can't get the issue right they will give you a new tablet. Just let them know how frustrated you are that you had to wait so long for first RMA only to get it back in worse condition. Plus there is a hardware fix/check the service centers will perform now to make sure your wifi antennae is connected properly or that the foil didn't shift. Needed supplies are being shipped to all service centers now.

cfaberlle

Nov 2, 2011
Orlando
www.arrow.com
Engadget also gave the Award to the Ipad even though the votes were so close.

I have both tablets and use the Prime 95% of the time. Notice that they did not even mention the front facing camera on the IPAD 2 that things is worthless (so is the rear facing one...lol).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330113770752.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330113770752.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 190

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Ehm... yeah... 'Transformer has the better (and wide)screen for videos, can give the full web experience (with flash), no need to recode videos and plays just about anything you throw at it. The camera is a lot better as well. So... it's a tie!'

Nuff said, ipad and transformer both are excellent tablets (simply depending on the type of user) but the point above makes sure I can't take anything said seriously anymore.

wynand32

Jan 2, 2008
Funny thing is, I was playing with an iPad 2 the other day, and I didn't find it more intuitive in the slightest. In fact, I found it kind of confusing, particularly the multitouch gestures. I think ICS catches up with iOS, and provides more functionality to boot.

This whole "iOS is more intuitive" meme has got to go. It's no longer true in any meaningful sense, I think.

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
Funny thing is, I was playing with an iPad 2 the other day, and I didn't find it more intuitive in the slightest. In fact, I found it kind of confusing, particularly the multitouch gestures. I think ICS catches up with iOS, and provides more functionality to boot.

This whole "iOS is more intuitive" meme has got to go. It's no longer true in any meaningful sense, I think.

I have both, and while ICS is the best iteration of android so far...one of the reasons people say iOS is more intuitive is that everything for the user is laid out on the home screen without having to dig into various menus that a non tech user might find confusing.

rand33099

Dec 18, 2010
What exactly happened with your device? Is it unusable at all right now? If you sent it in for RMA b4, send it back. If they can't get the issue right they will give you a new tablet. Just let them know how frustrated you are that you had to wait so long for first RMA only to get it back in worse condition. Plus there is a hardware fix/check the service centers will perform now to make sure your wifi antennae is connected properly or that the foil didn't shift. Needed supplies are being shipped to all service centers now.

I sent it in for the wifi and bluetooth issue. To make a long story short they gave me a new one C10 and I have the same problem but worse. Also going to .14 made it freeze put .15 on today seems to have fixed freeze. I know this update was not for wifi and bluetooth, GPS. Anyway I told Asus I was still having the problems they said call in two weeks they have a fix I could RMA at that time. So I hope you see my frustrations thats why I got pissed at the moron that said troll when I posted. Just venting sorry

Reactions: demandarin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After watching this video, I have more respect for the more "Sophisticated" Android OS. He compared the OS on the 2 best tablets out in the market today. that Ipad interface was soo boring. As far as functionality and everything goes, Prime spanks the Ipad really bad. Android YouTube app is way better and loaded up faster. Android mail or gmail was better. even the Ipad browser loaded up slower. plus you seen how the touchscreen on the Ipad was sketchy. had to keep tapping several times to make something happen. This video was a horrible reminder of part of the reasons I love my prime more than my Ipad. Android OS just has alot more going on. plus ICS now makes things simple yet still has deep features. Especially on the multitasking. Ipad multitasking is a joke. I don't feel the video was biased. he compared all the major common apps people would use on both devices. That new Ipad n IOS 5 looks just like my ipad1 on IOS 4.2.1. no difference on the surface(aside from display resolution). Damn that Ipad looks so boring to use. I watched most of the video but got bored looking at that simple Ipad screen. Ipad is for the more simplistic person. Android is for the more complex and imaginative person.

ill never go back to Apple. my Ipad worked great for me for 2 years. But coming to Android has opened my eyes up to the fact that so much more can be done on a Android tablet right out the box. video clearly showed Prime the better device. even prime homescreen sailings was faster. plus I love the point he brought up about tablet apps on IOS. which was true. All in all, new Ipad looks like a bore to use. ill stick with my thinner, lighter, more advanced technology(tegra3 quad/5 core) having Transformer Prime.

on another note, haven't you noticed that the new Ipad hype has seemed to die down already. this new Ipad hype has Sizzler out the fastest out of all generations. seems like apple losing their touch. Especially with ipad2 owners not being impressed enough to upgrade. previous generations made you want to upgrade. not this one ;)
    Troll

Oh, and send your Prime in for an RMA wait 21 day's for bad wifi and bluetooth and get one back that has worse wifi, bluetooth and oh yea it also freezes and locks up!!!! ( DING DING)

Troll Award! DING DING!!! :D

I sent it in for the wifi and bluetooth issue. To make a long story short they gave me a new one C10 and I have the same problem but worse. Also going to .14 made it freeze put .15 on today seems to have fixed freeze. I know this update was not for wifi and bluetooth, GPS. Anyway I told Asus I was still having the problems they said call in two weeks they have a fix I could RMA at that time. So I hope you see my frustrations thats why I got pissed at the moron that said troll when I posted. Just venting sorry
    I will pitch in my experience with the iPad 2 here as well;

One of the biggest reasons I bought a tablet was to replace my laptop for multimedia and web browsing use. I used to connect my laptop to my HDTV and stream movies and TV shows (NOT from iTunes, shh:D). But I always found my laptop to be kind of heavy to carry around and battery life was a joke (only 3 hours).
    (PLEASE NOTE: I HAD NOT OWNED ANY APPLE PRODUCT PRIOR TO THIS).
    So, I went in and bought the iPad 2 when it was first launched. Right out of the box, I was met with the setup screen and was very happy with the fluid animation and user friendly layout. The web browser was also top notch, very fluid and smooth. However, 5 mins in, and I was feeling like a total dumba*s. Turns out none of the variations of HDMi cables I owned (mini, micro, full size) was compatible with the iPad 2 and I had to invest in an additional $50 for the Apple's HDMI cable. TO make things worse, the web browser could not play any online movie/tv show streams (couldn't convert to HTML5 either, upto this day). And to my amazing surprise, I couldn't transfer any of my crap by the USB cable (I was completely unaware that iPad needed iTunes for even the most basic file transfer), because I was honestly expecting to do so since this has been the most basic feature of ANY handheld device for years. So, I couldn't transfer any of my engineering PDF ebooks through USB. To add to the amazing experience, I thought of transferring my files to my phone's SD card, but turns iPad 2 also lacked a microSD port.
    iPad 2 refused to connect to any of my much needed SSH FTP servers, it refused any bluetooth file sharing with my laptop or my phone, and I couldn't figure out how to connect my TVersity server or my Windows media server (Once again, I was not aware that iPad 2 was only able to share media with iTunes).

Hell, so much for the full tablet experience. I do admit, the casual web browsing on the iPad was something out of this world. IT was very fluid and smooth, but lacked functionality. The entire device lacked a lot of basic functionality.

I then returned the iPad 2. My brother bought the galaxy tab 10.1 a month later, but being very unsatisfied by tablets I decided to stick with my laptop.

And now, a few weeks back, I decided to give the Prime a shot.
    Right out of the box; Fully compatible with my micro HDMI cable, web browser played all flash streams, I was able to transfer all of my files just by popping in USB and waiting for maybe 15 seconds for drivers to install. I was able to transfer files very happily using the bluetooth with my phone and laptop, also connected my TVersity and Windows media server using built in MyNet app, also connect to my SSH FTP servers (used ES file explorer), and not to mention gave me twice the storage, a superior wider screen, an amazing rear camera with flash and a *usable* front camera. I had no wifi or bt issues with my prime, only had slight lightbleed. For those complaining about GPS, iPad 2 wifi didn't even have GPS to begin with.

The web browser is not as smooth, but the Dolphin browser filled my appetite for a smooth browser experience with full flash capabilities (it still lacks full screen flash video :mad:). Overall, I am so happy with the transformer prime. Its been almost 3 weeks, and I have not even touched my laptop. Barely even use my PC anymore (I typed this on my prime with dock).

So there, you have it. My tablet experience.
    After watching this video, I have more respect for the more "Sophisticated" Android OS. He compared the OS on the 2 best tablets out in the market today. that Ipad interface was soo boring. As far as functionality and everything goes, Prime spanks the Ipad really bad. Android YouTube app is way better and loaded up faster. Android mail or gmail was better. even the Ipad browser loaded up slower. plus you seen how the touchscreen on the Ipad was sketchy. had to keep tapping several times to make something happen. This video was a horrible reminder of part of the reasons I love my prime more than my Ipad. Android OS just has alot more going on. plus ICS now makes things simple yet still has deep features. Especially on the multitasking. Ipad multitasking is a joke. I don't feel the video was biased. he compared all the major common apps people would use on both devices. That new Ipad n IOS 5 looks just like my ipad1 on IOS 4.2.1. no difference on the surface(aside from display resolution). Damn that Ipad looks so boring to use. I watched most of the video but got bored looking at that simple Ipad screen. Ipad is for the more simplistic person. Android is for the more complex and imaginative person.

ill never go back to Apple. my Ipad worked great for me for 2 years. But coming to Android has opened my eyes up to the fact that so much more can be done on a Android tablet right out the box. video clearly showed Prime the better device. even prime homescreen sailings was faster. plus I love the point he brought up about tablet apps on IOS. which was true. All in all, new Ipad looks like a bore to use. ill stick with my thinner, lighter, more advanced technology(tegra3 quad/5 core) having Transformer Prime.

on another note, haven't you noticed that the new Ipad hype has seemed to die down already. this new Ipad hype has Sizzler out the fastest out of all generations. seems like apple losing their touch. Especially with ipad2 owners not being impressed enough to upgrade. previous generations made you want to upgrade. not this one ;)

Awesome demandarin. I love reading your comments. You always hit the nail right on the head. iOS is a major bore to use.