CodecROM 4.1 by DSA (DISCONTINUED)

Search This thread

DSA

May 15, 2011
As it states in the first post:

Browser.apk - It lags due to current deodexing issues with smali/baksmali, no whingeing please.

Edit:

Browser.apk is no longer lagging, full fix provided

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph_C

holygeek

Dec 7, 2010
Ankara
i have flashed a stock XXKG6 firmware first then flashed CodecROM but i have bootloop. 2 times i tried it. and i did wipe.. so what to do? thanks

DSA

May 15, 2011
Not sure...
i just flashed cognition s2 to have a try out, finished what i was doing - flashed the stock kg6 and then mine...no bootloops (cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe and factory reset performed)

i get boot loop issues if i try and flash villainrom (following the instructions to the letter) - i dont know why but it seems not all phones will flash all custom roms

Last edited:
Reactions: massarone

kindiboy

Dec 14, 2009
Pittsburgh
Too many simultaneous requests!
Please retry in a minute.

(We're adding capacity as quickly as possible)

has been going on for the past hour...

So you got my email in your database for nothing. Good Job!
can't wait for the spam

Last edited:

DSA

May 15, 2011
Too many simultaneous requests!
Please retry in a minute.

(We're adding capacity as quickly as possible)

has been going on for the past hour...

So you got my email in your database for nothing. Good Job!
can't wait for the spam

so, you dont know what you are talking about and decided to have a go at me? nice...

That message relates to an instant chat messaging box, nothing else...is it stopping you from doing what you want on the website?

good luck waiting for spam...:rolleyes:

EDIT:

for paranoid people like you, who also dont know who websites work (or even ask before spouting off) i have removed chatrolls instant messaging chat box from my website...who knew adding something in to help with questions would make people stupid?

ive been cooking firmwares for the samsung i8910 for 1 & 1/2 years now, never had a complaint about the website during that entire time apart from when it got hacked ...what great people on this forum

Last edited:

kindiboy

Dec 14, 2009
Pittsburgh
so, you dont know what you are talking about and decided to have a go at me? nice...

That message relates to an instant chat messaging box, nothing else...is it stopping you from doing what you want on the website?

good luck waiting for spam...:rolleyes:

EDIT:

for paranoid people like you, who also dont know who websites work (or even ask before spouting off) i have removed chatrolls instant messaging chat box from my website...who knew adding something in to help with questions would make people stupid?

ive been cooking firmwares for the samsung i8910 for 1 & 1/2 years now, never had a complaint about the website during that entire time apart from when it got hacked ...what great people on this forum

It was your fault from the beginning to link to a chat box.
and no one forces people to download from their servers except you.(not on original)
and your website is no where near trustworthy, neither in looks or feel.
and you have like 10 posts?

what do you think should give people the impression to trust you?

DSA

May 15, 2011

what the hell are you talking about? Wheres the blame? Where does the fault lie in having a chatbox on my website? just because you dont get out much and think everything is a conspiracy, doesnt make it so

and no one forces people to download from their servers except you.(not on original)

im gonna breeze past this one as it doesnt even make sense

what makes you think you have the right to decide if my website is trustworthy or not? Some kind of internet cop are you?
over 1000 members dont have a problem with my website...and i dont care how my website makes you feel (or looks to you)
Google obviously think its safe, otherwise they wouldnt let me use adsense on it would they?

AND WHAT THE F*CK DOES MY POST COUNT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

If you are going to try and be obtuse, at least be grammatically correct when doing so..but its another pointless bit so i will ignore it

try again...

Last edited:

DSA

May 15, 2011
btw, pm me your signup details and i will GLADLY remove you from my database

Dont worry, i found you...deleted.

Last edited:

WarCow

Feb 7, 2011

The obvious answer would be: If you don't like it, don't download it.
You make it sound as if he is forcing you to sign up with your precious email and download from his server..and when things don't turn out the way you wanted you start to insult him and his work?
Oh come on..this is no way to behave on XDA, which i have always seen as a friendly place with respectable and polite posters.

As for the fact that Darkside Agent doesn't have as high a post count as you in here is because he is fairly new to the Android modding scene + XDA. But he is quite well-known and trusted in other phone modding forums..something you could have found out if you had bothered to actually read his website a bit more thoroughly.

Goddamn, some people are just unbelievable..

Reactions: DSA

DSA

May 15, 2011
Skype removed, flash player sorted so it will update..
Some more .apks removed that arent needed
default wallpapers changed

download link updated

Last edited:

DSA

May 15, 2011
Stock Browser now fixed!

new version being uploaded now (about an hour left at 3pm uk time), first post updated

Last edited:

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
yes i did. i think i have done nothin wrong, i know how to do the flash bla bla.. but it just bootloop'd.. maybe sumthin wrong with rom? has anybody flashed it and boot succesfully?

So you went in to mounts and storage and clicked on format system? factory wipe/reset will not format system just in case you were unaware

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
I will DL and test for any bugs or issues :) Good luck with the ROM. It's nice to see another developer around here. I like your style. You have good taste. Don't listen to anybody on here giving pointless feedback

Reactions: DSA

DSA

May 15, 2011
Thanks for the positive comments, much appreciated :)

Feedback, positive or negative is always wanted

Upload is now complete (had some issues)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    discontinued Updated to ICS
    Good job my friend. All the best with rom. If u need anything u know where u can find me :)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II powered by Gingerbread Special Edition
    New 2.3.5 KI3 Rom is now online :)

First post has been updated
    Downloading rom now, thankyou for your time and effort Darkside Agent in making this rom, it looks amazing :).. And don't listen to stupid people that haven't even given you the time of day lol
    hi

another update: new 3.1 is basically ready - there will be 4 versions!

1 - odexed and themed by jkay (inc all v.30 mods and new ones)

2 - odexed and themed by s-mod (inc all v.30 mods and new ones)

3 - deodexed with some v3.0 mods and new ones- unthemed
    unmodded /system & /framework folder
    all vrtheme themes should work with this (tested vertumus ics, shades of galaxy)

4 - deodexed with all v3.0 mods and new ones- unthemed
    All Normal (JKay) themes work with this (tested miuibuntu mod, tigers touch-bluegrey)
    ***vrthemes will bootloop and fc with this***

uploading will start tomorrow