Codename Phoenix For OnePlus 5/5T by siankatabg

Search This thread

big_b0sss

Feb 17, 2012
Belfast
I tried both as well as Liquid. This ROM by far has the most customization of the three. It seems to be very stable and am getting decent battery life. No problem being a daily driver. Can't speak to bluetooth as I haven't connected it to my car yet. I am going to stick with this for a while as it's very solid, although as @hibby50 mentioned earlier, it is a little disconcerting that the Dev doesn't have the code open sourced.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

So apparently this ROM is no longer being supported - https://plus.google.com/communities/111292695804515317839
Thanks but since it's no longer supported I guess I'll flash omni. Do you know anything about ground zero rom?

azsl1326

Mar 13, 2008
Arizona
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Thanks but since it's no longer supported I guess I'll flash omni. Do you know anything about ground zero rom?

The Phoenix developer is going to have builds in the Telegram channel, just won't provide technical support. I believe that's the Validus ROM? I wanted to try it, however it runs decrypted and I want to stay encrypted as most of the ROMs for the 5t are encrypted and I tend to jump between ROMs often.

hassan_1000

Apr 8, 2014
Now that support has stopped, does that mean I'll have to download telegram for ROM updates?

This was my favourite ROM and it's sad that due to careless people not reading or following instructions, the dev has decided to end support!

azsl1326

Mar 13, 2008
Arizona
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Now that support has stopped, does that mean I'll have to download telegram for ROM updates?

This was my favourite ROM and it's sad that due to careless people not reading or following instructions, the dev has decided to end support!

Yes, I believe that will be the only way. I am not sure what the Dev is talking about non-sense bug reporting. I read thru the bugs section and nothing seemed overly out of the norm. I am wondering if the Dev didn't like that fact the he was receiving criticism for not open-sourcing his code.

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno
Yes, I believe that will be the only way. I am not sure what the Dev is talking about non-sense bug reporting. I read thru the bugs section and nothing seemed overly out of the norm. I am wondering if the Dev didn't like that fact the he was receiving criticism for not open-sourcing his code.
First: The dev did not create this XDA thread, and it was created without the approval of the dev
Second: The dev made this ROM for his own personal use, and agreed to share it with a few others with the proviso that no feature requests or feedback about mods would be made.
Third: Word of mouth (so to speak) caused awareness of this ROM to spread far beyond the scope originally envisioned by the dev.
Fourth: Things quickly got out of control, with users assuming that the ROM was an open-sourced XDA-style ROM, which was never the intent of the dev.
Fifth: Despite all of the out-of-control activity, the dev is still willing to share his own ROM with a few others on a newly created Telegraph forum.
That is the story as far as I understand it.

napes22

May 16, 2008
First: The dev did not create this XDA thread, and it was created without the approval of the dev
Second: The dev made this ROM for his own personal use, and agreed to share it with a few others with the proviso that no feature requests or feedback about mods would be made.
Third: Word of mouth (so to speak) caused awareness of this ROM to spread far beyond the scope originally envisioned by the dev.
Fourth: Things quickly got out of control, with users assuming that the ROM was an open-sourced XDA-style ROM, which was never the intent of the dev.
Fifth: Despite all of the out-of-control activity, the dev is still willing to share his own ROM with a few others on a newly created Telegraph forum.
That is the story as far as I understand it.

That's how I understand it as well. The below is written in the post on the Google Group.

"Builds will be provided but technical support has come to an end."

Airwolf79

Mar 3, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
I wanted to know when applying theme on this ROM does it theme quick settings toggle ? Like we have on stock ROM. Or does the substratum theme have to support it.
In the Play Store under Substratum's latest updates it says that's fixed for Oreo, but it doesn't work for me using Spectrum on any Oreo Rom yet. Maybe some other theme apps will work. Which one are u using?

cubandanger05

Dec 22, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Wonder if this thread will stay open so we can discuss the ROM amongst each other, "troubleshoot" and so forth.

I flashed the recent update by the way. Running great. Just make sure you uninstall magisk, then you can dirty flash the update if your coming from previous Phoenix ROM, and flash magisk v14 and update from within the app.

Trusted Face now fully unlocks the phone which is awesome. And no, it is not as fast as oos face unlock.

Last edited:

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
Anyone able to flash today's build? I dirty flashed and get a system UI error and then a black screen. Had to revert to previous build.

I flashed it. It's running great. I formatted data tho just because I was trying to port some stuff, and things were acting screwy. I did get a black screen after flashing magisk. I booted back to recovery, wiped cache's, and all was good. I don't care for the snap camera. I flashed the GCMod as a system app and it still works great.

Reactions: azsl1326

azsl1326

Mar 13, 2008
Arizona
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I flashed it. It's running great. I formatted data tho just because I was trying to port some stuff, and things were acting screwy. I did get a black screen after flashing magisk. I booted back to recovery, wiped cache's, and all was good. I don't care for the snap camera. I flashed the GCMod as a system app and it still works great.

Thanks. So, if you format data, you have to reinstall all user apps as well, correct?

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
Yes, i manually created xbin folder, permissions 755, so that busybox module would install and rom would boot.

This is not needed. The whole purpose of magisk is to be 'systemless'.

Thanks. So, if you format data, you have to reinstall all user apps as well, correct?

Oh yes. Backup everything on internal storage as well. Formatting will delete that too.

What I usually do:
Backup using tibu
Copy internal storage onto my pc
Copy the ROM and Gapps over to the phone
Flash ROM then Gapps
Format Data
Let the ROM boot
Go back to recovery and copy the backup on to internal storage
Flash Magisk
Reboot and set up

Last edited:

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
There is no xbin folder in Phoenix ROM, This makes the ROM not boot when the busybox module is installed. It was the only way for me to install it.

If its a 'module' nothing ever touches system/xbin. It mounts as one of the following
./magisk/busybox
./magisk/busybox/system
./magisk/busybox/system/bin
./magisk/busybox/system/xbin

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
Oh you formatted internal data as well? So, are you now running decrypted?

Nope after you format, you will be encrypted unless you do something to make it otherwise.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Yes Chas, he's right. Bootloop city if u install BusyBox. Although, anyone using Magisk should have the uninstaller zip on their phone as well, just in case they take a trip to bootloopsville

Interesting. I could make a module that'd mount an xbin folder on system lol. If you alter system to create a folder, you may as well install busybox from the store and get the latest binary updates

Seems I'm missing libs for faceunlock. Getting a fc. Had to flash them

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• The downloads are available on Telegram only.:cool:
    • The Rom is closed source.:mad:
    • Great ROM.:good:
    • The Developer does not take requests for features (the telegram group is read only).:mad:
    To resolve problems encountered while and after flashing the ROM, please go through this thread, there is bound to be a solution available, posted by the users of this ROM.

March 17, 2018 - Latest Build
    Changelog
    Phoenix updates highlights since the last build:
    Changelog:
    * Of course the latest Flash kernel 4.00
    * 05 March security patch (aka android-8.1.0_r18 tag)
    * More substratum updates
    * Changed charging symbol to "⚡️" on both statusbar and ambient display
    * Battery level will be shown on bottom of Ambient display (the switch was removed)
    * Blobs updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * Firmwares updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * NFC ROM side changes to support the new 8.1 based kernel
    * GPS configuration updates and some small other things
    * Added back the new encryption introduced with the February security patch (be sure to update your recovery to the latest available one or you won't be able to decrypt in TWRP!!!)

The Google+ Page is no longer active.

Is there a new update? On telegram it's 15.4?

Given the devs track record an update should probably be out sometime this week or the next at the latest, just my guestimate.

Is CNP dead?

Nah, it's just in a good hibernation period . I don't know, no updates for a month now.

Do you guys think if there's still hope for an update of this ROM? It's been a month... Hopefully it's not dead:(

Wish there was a way to know if there will be an update!

The ROM is not dead. I had a word with siankatabg and he told me that he's already worked on a new build that he's running at the moment. The only issue is that he doesn't really have free time for anything these days, but he'll do another release before he goes for vacation next week. :) Cheers!
    Another Sunday Pnoix update :)

Downloads:
    GDrive: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (If you're fast enough)
    AFH mirror: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY

- Updated Kernel WiFi stack to latest P CAF tag
    - Kernel is now compiled with Clang 8.0.3
    - Alert slider updates (I was bored so I've added Pie like notification when you change the slider mode, also I've added an experimental "Flashlight" and "High Brightness Mode" to the options (I was really really bored, so I might remove them later?...))
    - Fixed Moded GCam v.6.x back cam FC
    - Updated some GApps
    - Some small EAS changes
    - Replaced the old Pixel PowerHAL from Oreo with the new one from Pie (of course with small modifications for better support of our devices)
    - Cleaned up some unused blobs
    - Fixed a "bug" where the big cluster was set to 2.3ghz by default instead of its max 2.4ghz (Due to another OP ****age)
    ——— THE RECOMMENDED FIRMWARE IS NOW INCLUDED IN THE ROM (so STOP asking me this on PM....................)
    - Added Pixel like Lockscreen/AOD weather(If it doesn't show for you, make sure the WeatherClient app has location permission and turn on your device location)
    - "System: * Bug fixes and performance improvements" #OPStyle
    Of course everything from NOS till yesterday like:
    - Bluetooth battery on the status bar (Working fine this time)
    - Optimizations for the OP-like nav gestures
    - Enabled device assertion (now you won't be able to flash the wrong device ROM .zip)

Copied from their Telegram
    One April Sunday build :)

Changelog:
    *April 05 security patch merged (a.k.a. android-9.0.0_r35)
    *Merged 4.4.178 linux stable tag in kernel
    *Force disabled a qcacld wakelock and lowered wakelock time for some others
    *Kernel and WiFi driver updated to LA.UM.7.4.r1-05000-8x98.0 CAF tag
    *Kernel side EAS updates
    *Clang for kernel compiling updated to 9.0.2
    *Fixed some missed selinux denials
    *Alert slider pop-up toast updates (should be faster now)
    *Up-to-date with NOS
    *Probably something small I forgot from the past week

Downloads:
    AFH: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY
    Add-ons: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (ie AOSP dialer with call recording, the volte zip is useless now)

P.s. - GAPPS AND FIRMWARE ARE INCLUDED!!!
    Okay guys, after a long gap, we have an update! :) More information below:
    • Downloads
    • Changelog
      • Latest Flash Kernel v4.25
      • June security patches (a.k.a. android-8.1.0_r32 tag)
      • Removed all experimental OOS camera stuff; now there shouldn't be a delay when switching between front and back cameras; this also means no more Portrait Mode on OnePlus 5 and stock OOS camera
      • Snap camera removed and added the latest Google Camera mod (GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8) as default camera with dot/portrait fix; all credits and thanks to @Arnova8G2, @defcomg, @txx1219 and all the people on the OP5/5T Google Camera Mod Telegram Chat)
      • OP5T should now have full screen aspect ratio for apps; no black line on the bottom; untested since @siankatabg doesn't have a OP5T
      • Few changes to the power HAL boost on fling/scroll
      • Fixed the opacity of quick settings menu; wasn't a solid colour even when set to in the quicksetting options)
      • Added vibration feedback to the off-screen gestures; not tested on OP5T
      • Added option for disabling the wallpaper tint on lockscreen, notification shade, recents menu, and power menu
      • Updated clang to for compiling the kernel and ROM
      • Blobs and firmware updated to the latest stable OOS
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone