Codename Phoenix For OnePlus 5/5T by siankatabg

Search This thread

dariett

Oct 7, 2009
Naples
good news!
With the latest version of Gcam Arnova8G2, we almost have a full working google camera
we don't need to install any magisk's module:
Touch to focus
front and retro camera
HDR+
Portrait
Photo sphere
Panorama

Slow Motion freez the app

my settings:
Config camera hdr+ --> nexus 6 auto
Disable front HDR+

Let me know if you find a better configuration :)

P.S. when the app start you have a black screen, you need to disable front HDR+ in the setting and restart the app

GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V6-Beta
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/.../GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V6-Beta.apk

azsl1326

Mar 13, 2008
Arizona
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T
good news!
With the latest version of Gcam Arnova8G2, we almost have a full working google camera
Touch to focus
front and retro camera
HDR+
Portrait
Photo sphere
Panorama

my settings:
Disable front HDR+

P.S. when the app start you have a black screen, you need to disable front HDR+ in the setting and restart the app

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/.../GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V6-Beta.apk
Just getting a black screen for the camera image regardless of advanced settings.

Edit:
Rebooted and it seems to be working. Thanks!

Last edited:

DeeMann

Nov 16, 2010
good news!
Touch to focus
front and retro camera
HDR+
Portrait
Photo sphere
Panorama

my settings:
Disable front HDR+

Do you know of any camera app where slow motion works?

mcg

May 10, 2007
Toronto
Anybody having issues with camera recording on the stock camera? (when you start recording it says media server died, closing camera) Gcam works but for some reason the stock camera recording doesn't. Just wondering, as long as Gcam video works I'm fine. as someone else pointed out also the zoomed in video is a nuisance but all good!

sd3993

Jan 9, 2013
The oneplus camera.
As someone said before in this 3d, when you open for the first time the op camera, you have to open the gcam while you have a black screen
This needs to be done everytime the camera is swiped from recents screen

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

I have a few questions. I searched in the thread but didn't find them mentioned or maybe I'm not using the right search terms.

1) Sometimes after unlocking the screen fades to black and comes back again quickly. This seems stop if i turn off the proximity check.

2) Sometimes when the screen is off, the phone doesn't respond double tap or the fingerprint sensor. Power button works. Again this does not happen when proximity check is off. Are these known issues?

3) OP cam works but i can't get potrait mode to work. Even the "Depth Effect" box is missing. Is potrait working for others?

OldMid

Feb 5, 2018

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

I have a few questions. I searched in the thread but didn't find them mentioned or maybe I'm not using the right search terms.

1) Sometimes after unlocking the screen fades to black and comes back again quickly. This seems stop if i turn off the proximity check.

2) Sometimes when the screen is off, the phone doesn't respond double tap or the fingerprint sensor. Power button works. Again this does not happen when proximity check is off. Are these known issues?

3) OP cam works but i can't get potrait mode to work. Even the "Depth Effect" box is missing. Is potrait working for others?
1. doesn't happen for me
2. Didn't happen for me
3. Portrait works fine here

I'd suggest dirty flashing the ROM again as all those issues seen unique to you

superior888

Nov 13, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11

1. doesn't happen for me
2. Didn't happen for me
3. Portrait works fine here

I'd suggest dirty flashing the ROM again as all those issues seen unique to you

The potrait mode stopped working when i installed the arnova gcam mode, weirdly. Didn't try no further.

cubandanger05

Dec 22, 2009
Google Pixel 5
I'm having weird issues with Bluetooth. More often than not when connected to my car it syncs my contacts, it plays music without problems, however, it doesn't update my phone's signal (which is displayed on the head unit), most times it says "no service" (which won't let me make calls from the head unit which defeats the purpose) , only a handful of times I've seen it update it. It also won't sync my most recent calls, doesn't properly sync music information such as how long is left until song is over, can't skip music through the head unit (which is something that has been reported by others before). These "issues" were not there prior to Phoenix.

Last edited:

azsl1326

Mar 13, 2008
Arizona
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Anyone using Wi-Fi Calling? I am having a weird issue where Wi-Fi Calling will be active for a while and then will just seem to drop off and not be accessible again until I reboot. Initially, I thought it was an issue with the kernel I was using, Blu_Spark, so I switched back to Flash, but the same thing happened with it as well.

Pshemo__

Jul 29, 2015
Reda
can i add viper4android to this great rom? if yes which version or download via Magisk? well thank you
I use ARISE Magnum Opus 20171114 Black Red with this fix (download from the link, flash in TWRP after editing the setup file and installing the magnum zip). Works flawlessly (Dolby Digital+ and Viper) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z3-078E1xqcFvdz3kySjHMzU74YFu11k/view?usp=drivesdk
You can find a full guide at the OP of ARISE's thread. But if you care only about Viper the magisk module should do and it is easier to install

Reactions: bassgenerator

Pshemo__

Jul 29, 2015
Reda

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180208-173902.jpg
    Screenshot_20180208-173902.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 412

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• The downloads are available on Telegram only.:cool:
    • The Rom is closed source.:mad:
    • Great ROM.:good:
    • The Developer does not take requests for features (the telegram group is read only).:mad:
    To resolve problems encountered while and after flashing the ROM, please go through this thread, there is bound to be a solution available, posted by the users of this ROM.

March 17, 2018 - Latest Build
    Changelog
    Phoenix updates highlights since the last build:
    Changelog:
    * Of course the latest Flash kernel 4.00
    * 05 March security patch (aka android-8.1.0_r18 tag)
    * More substratum updates
    * Changed charging symbol to "⚡️" on both statusbar and ambient display
    * Battery level will be shown on bottom of Ambient display (the switch was removed)
    * Blobs updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * Firmwares updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * NFC ROM side changes to support the new 8.1 based kernel
    * GPS configuration updates and some small other things
    * Added back the new encryption introduced with the February security patch (be sure to update your recovery to the latest available one or you won't be able to decrypt in TWRP!!!)

The Google+ Page is no longer active.

Is there a new update? On telegram it's 15.4?

Given the devs track record an update should probably be out sometime this week or the next at the latest, just my guestimate.

Is CNP dead?

Nah, it's just in a good hibernation period . I don't know, no updates for a month now.

Do you guys think if there's still hope for an update of this ROM? It's been a month... Hopefully it's not dead:(

Wish there was a way to know if there will be an update!

The ROM is not dead. I had a word with siankatabg and he told me that he's already worked on a new build that he's running at the moment. The only issue is that he doesn't really have free time for anything these days, but he'll do another release before he goes for vacation next week. :) Cheers!
    Another Sunday Pnoix update :)

Downloads:
    GDrive: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (If you're fast enough)
    AFH mirror: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY

- Updated Kernel WiFi stack to latest P CAF tag
    - Kernel is now compiled with Clang 8.0.3
    - Alert slider updates (I was bored so I've added Pie like notification when you change the slider mode, also I've added an experimental "Flashlight" and "High Brightness Mode" to the options (I was really really bored, so I might remove them later?...))
    - Fixed Moded GCam v.6.x back cam FC
    - Updated some GApps
    - Some small EAS changes
    - Replaced the old Pixel PowerHAL from Oreo with the new one from Pie (of course with small modifications for better support of our devices)
    - Cleaned up some unused blobs
    - Fixed a "bug" where the big cluster was set to 2.3ghz by default instead of its max 2.4ghz (Due to another OP ****age)
    ——— THE RECOMMENDED FIRMWARE IS NOW INCLUDED IN THE ROM (so STOP asking me this on PM....................)
    - Added Pixel like Lockscreen/AOD weather(If it doesn't show for you, make sure the WeatherClient app has location permission and turn on your device location)
    - "System: * Bug fixes and performance improvements" #OPStyle
    Of course everything from NOS till yesterday like:
    - Bluetooth battery on the status bar (Working fine this time)
    - Optimizations for the OP-like nav gestures
    - Enabled device assertion (now you won't be able to flash the wrong device ROM .zip)

Copied from their Telegram
    One April Sunday build :)

Changelog:
    *April 05 security patch merged (a.k.a. android-9.0.0_r35)
    *Merged 4.4.178 linux stable tag in kernel
    *Force disabled a qcacld wakelock and lowered wakelock time for some others
    *Kernel and WiFi driver updated to LA.UM.7.4.r1-05000-8x98.0 CAF tag
    *Kernel side EAS updates
    *Clang for kernel compiling updated to 9.0.2
    *Fixed some missed selinux denials
    *Alert slider pop-up toast updates (should be faster now)
    *Up-to-date with NOS
    *Probably something small I forgot from the past week

Downloads:
    AFH: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY
    Add-ons: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (ie AOSP dialer with call recording, the volte zip is useless now)

P.s. - GAPPS AND FIRMWARE ARE INCLUDED!!!
    Okay guys, after a long gap, we have an update! :) More information below:
    • Downloads
    • Changelog
      • Latest Flash Kernel v4.25
      • June security patches (a.k.a. android-8.1.0_r32 tag)
      • Removed all experimental OOS camera stuff; now there shouldn't be a delay when switching between front and back cameras; this also means no more Portrait Mode on OnePlus 5 and stock OOS camera
      • Snap camera removed and added the latest Google Camera mod (GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8) as default camera with dot/portrait fix; all credits and thanks to @Arnova8G2, @defcomg, @txx1219 and all the people on the OP5/5T Google Camera Mod Telegram Chat)
      • OP5T should now have full screen aspect ratio for apps; no black line on the bottom; untested since @siankatabg doesn't have a OP5T
      • Few changes to the power HAL boost on fling/scroll
      • Fixed the opacity of quick settings menu; wasn't a solid colour even when set to in the quicksetting options)
      • Added vibration feedback to the off-screen gestures; not tested on OP5T
      • Added option for disabling the wallpaper tint on lockscreen, notification shade, recents menu, and power menu
      • Updated clang to for compiling the kernel and ROM
      • Blobs and firmware updated to the latest stable OOS
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone