Codename Phoenix For OnePlus 5/5T by siankatabg

Search This thread

chas123

Oct 29, 2008

tonni3

Mar 20, 2017
I use ARISE Magnum Opus 20171114 Black Red with this fix (download from the link, flash in TWRP after editing the setup file and installing the magnum zip). Works flawlessly (Dolby Digital+ and Viper) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z3-078E1xqcFvdz3kySjHMzU74YFu11k/view?usp=drivesdk
You can find a full guide at the OP of ARISE's thread. But if you care only about Viper the magisk module should do and it is easier to install

Could you tell me what is better using ARISE over V4A only ?
Thanks.

Pshemo__

Jul 29, 2015
Reda
Could you tell me what is better using ARISE over V4A only ?
Thanks.
Arise let's you install also many other sound mods like for example Dolby Digital+. In the past I was trying to get Viper and Dolby as apps from some separate sources to work and it was quite complicated and also often gave me some issues. I solved the problem by finding ARISE which is a greatly "combined" file for those who like using more than one sound mod and want them to work flawlessly together :)

Reactions: tonni3

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Anyone happen to have a download link for the latest Stock OP5T camera apk that works with Phoenix? Thanks
+1

I have got the apk from apk mirror however I just get a black screen. Is it because of a gcam magisk module that is maybe conflicting? If so, anyone running both OOS cam and gcam successfully?

ahepas

Feb 11, 2011
Rodolivos-Amfipoli
Does it have portrait mode. The OOS camera on 8.1?

yes.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

+1

I have got the apk from apk mirror however I just get a black screen. Is it because of a gcam magisk module that is maybe conflicting? If so, anyone running both OOS cam and gcam successfully?

If you read this thread and the gcam thread you will find your answer...It is mentioned many times...just search! I have both working using also a magisk module...Try your self....just when you open the OOS camera for the first time,during the black screen, open another camera app....after that it should work....

Reactions: gleggie

bl4scott

Jul 6, 2010
Spokane
Google Pixel 5
Question

With 1.4 you can use many configs, here is mine:
Pixel 2017 HDR, Pixel XL, Very High, HDR control icon enabled. In the very low light environment without the flash this config will take very dark photo but you can simply enable Enhanced HDR mode for a while and problem is solved. It's still the best config available because it won't overexposure photos in stronger daylight and it's very stable, reliable. For proof I attach today's lowlight photo (taken at night with Enhanced) :)

Question regarding your settings:
Config camera HDR+: Which did you choose?
HDR+ Parameters" Very High

Pshemo__

Jul 29, 2015
Reda
Question regarding your settings:
Config camera HDR+: Which did you choose?
HDR+ Parameters" Very High
I described it in a very post you quoted ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180210-194540.jpg
    Screenshot_20180210-194540.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 898
Reactions: c_86

gleggie

Jan 13, 2013
Thank you very much! You are my "life saver"!

No problem, on a side note, the latest Phoenix has been running incredible for me. Smooth, stable, and battery life/performance has been incredible.

P.S. I typically unplug my phone from the charger around 90-95% and also let it sit overnight with wifi on. Overnight drain is about 0.3-0.4% per hour with wifi left on. If I do lots of Bluetooth streaming with Spotify, the avg screen off time goes up to around 1-3%

Last edited:
Reactions: Pshemo__

OldMid

Feb 5, 2018
No problem, on a side note, the latest Phoenix has been running incredible for me. Smooth, stable, and battery life/performance has been incredible.

P.S. I typically unplug my phone from the charger around 90-95% and also let it sit overnight with wifi on. Overnight drain is about 0.3-0.4% per hour with wifi left on. If I do lots of Bluetooth streaming with Spotify, the avg screen off time goes up to around 1-3%
Mind telling me what app that is?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• The downloads are available on Telegram only.:cool:
    • The Rom is closed source.:mad:
    • Great ROM.:good:
    • The Developer does not take requests for features (the telegram group is read only).:mad:
    To resolve problems encountered while and after flashing the ROM, please go through this thread, there is bound to be a solution available, posted by the users of this ROM.

March 17, 2018 - Latest Build
    Changelog
    Phoenix updates highlights since the last build:
    Changelog:
    * Of course the latest Flash kernel 4.00
    * 05 March security patch (aka android-8.1.0_r18 tag)
    * More substratum updates
    * Changed charging symbol to "⚡️" on both statusbar and ambient display
    * Battery level will be shown on bottom of Ambient display (the switch was removed)
    * Blobs updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * Firmwares updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * NFC ROM side changes to support the new 8.1 based kernel
    * GPS configuration updates and some small other things
    * Added back the new encryption introduced with the February security patch (be sure to update your recovery to the latest available one or you won't be able to decrypt in TWRP!!!)

The Google+ Page is no longer active.

Is there a new update? On telegram it's 15.4?

Given the devs track record an update should probably be out sometime this week or the next at the latest, just my guestimate.

Is CNP dead?

Nah, it's just in a good hibernation period . I don't know, no updates for a month now.

Do you guys think if there's still hope for an update of this ROM? It's been a month... Hopefully it's not dead:(

Wish there was a way to know if there will be an update!

The ROM is not dead. I had a word with siankatabg and he told me that he's already worked on a new build that he's running at the moment. The only issue is that he doesn't really have free time for anything these days, but he'll do another release before he goes for vacation next week. :) Cheers!
    Another Sunday Pnoix update :)

Downloads:
    GDrive: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (If you're fast enough)
    AFH mirror: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY

- Updated Kernel WiFi stack to latest P CAF tag
    - Kernel is now compiled with Clang 8.0.3
    - Alert slider updates (I was bored so I've added Pie like notification when you change the slider mode, also I've added an experimental "Flashlight" and "High Brightness Mode" to the options (I was really really bored, so I might remove them later?...))
    - Fixed Moded GCam v.6.x back cam FC
    - Updated some GApps
    - Some small EAS changes
    - Replaced the old Pixel PowerHAL from Oreo with the new one from Pie (of course with small modifications for better support of our devices)
    - Cleaned up some unused blobs
    - Fixed a "bug" where the big cluster was set to 2.3ghz by default instead of its max 2.4ghz (Due to another OP ****age)
    ——— THE RECOMMENDED FIRMWARE IS NOW INCLUDED IN THE ROM (so STOP asking me this on PM....................)
    - Added Pixel like Lockscreen/AOD weather(If it doesn't show for you, make sure the WeatherClient app has location permission and turn on your device location)
    - "System: * Bug fixes and performance improvements" #OPStyle
    Of course everything from NOS till yesterday like:
    - Bluetooth battery on the status bar (Working fine this time)
    - Optimizations for the OP-like nav gestures
    - Enabled device assertion (now you won't be able to flash the wrong device ROM .zip)

Copied from their Telegram
    One April Sunday build :)

Changelog:
    *April 05 security patch merged (a.k.a. android-9.0.0_r35)
    *Merged 4.4.178 linux stable tag in kernel
    *Force disabled a qcacld wakelock and lowered wakelock time for some others
    *Kernel and WiFi driver updated to LA.UM.7.4.r1-05000-8x98.0 CAF tag
    *Kernel side EAS updates
    *Clang for kernel compiling updated to 9.0.2
    *Fixed some missed selinux denials
    *Alert slider pop-up toast updates (should be faster now)
    *Up-to-date with NOS
    *Probably something small I forgot from the past week

Downloads:
    AFH: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY
    Add-ons: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (ie AOSP dialer with call recording, the volte zip is useless now)

P.s. - GAPPS AND FIRMWARE ARE INCLUDED!!!
    Okay guys, after a long gap, we have an update! :) More information below:
    • Downloads
    • Changelog
      • Latest Flash Kernel v4.25
      • June security patches (a.k.a. android-8.1.0_r32 tag)
      • Removed all experimental OOS camera stuff; now there shouldn't be a delay when switching between front and back cameras; this also means no more Portrait Mode on OnePlus 5 and stock OOS camera
      • Snap camera removed and added the latest Google Camera mod (GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8) as default camera with dot/portrait fix; all credits and thanks to @Arnova8G2, @defcomg, @txx1219 and all the people on the OP5/5T Google Camera Mod Telegram Chat)
      • OP5T should now have full screen aspect ratio for apps; no black line on the bottom; untested since @siankatabg doesn't have a OP5T
      • Few changes to the power HAL boost on fling/scroll
      • Fixed the opacity of quick settings menu; wasn't a solid colour even when set to in the quicksetting options)
      • Added vibration feedback to the off-screen gestures; not tested on OP5T
      • Added option for disabling the wallpaper tint on lockscreen, notification shade, recents menu, and power menu
      • Updated clang to for compiling the kernel and ROM
      • Blobs and firmware updated to the latest stable OOS
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone